2013 3* LB Cameron Toney signs with AU!

RunInRed

I just read where, in a recent interview Cam stated that he is working hard to get Liner back in the family. The quote was something along the lines of "get his head straight".

The interview was actually before Dee decommitted was was about Dee flirting with Bama before he decommitted. After Dee decommitted Toney made a tweet basically letting him go.

@CToney47

If you're not All In Idk why you even come around.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read where, in a recent interview Cam stated that he is working hard to get Liner back in the family. The quote was something along the lines of "get his head straight".

The interview was actually before Dee decommitted was was about Dee flirting with Bama before he decommitted. After Dee decommitted Toney made a tweet basically letting him go.

@CToney47

If you're not All In Idk why you even come around.

Thanks for the clarification, E... The article I read had it wrong. Still gotta love Cam's attitude.

I really can't wait to get this kid on campus. Other's may get more hype, but he's a solid player and a good kid. I know him personally, and I hope his respectfulness and leadership will rub off on some of our current players.

I really can't wait to get this kid on campus. Other's may get more hype, but he's a solid player and a good kid. I know him personally, and I hope his respectfulness and leadership will rub off on some of our current players.

Tell him many AU fans look forward to seeing him tear it up in Jordan-Hare and we expect him to body slam a bama QB or two before he is done at AU.

Tell him many AU fans look forward to seeing him tear it up in Jordan-Hare and we expect him to body slam a bama QB or two before he is done at AU.

^This^. He has "fan favorite" written all over him.

This kid strikes me as a Kodi Burns on defense. If he comes in and doesn't produce at all I will still respect him as an Auburn man and cheer for him, and if he does produce then all the better. Either way it's refreshing when kids really love Auburn.

This kid strikes me as a Kodi Burns on defense. If he comes in and doesn't produce at all I will still respect him as an Auburn man and cheer for him, and if he does produce then all the better. Either way it's refreshing when kids really love Auburn.

Yes sir. I'm as guilty as any but it's a shame a kid who picked Auburn, stood by Auburn in hard times and did nothing but try to help Auburn in recruiting has a seven page thread while others who decommit have hundreds. I hope Mr. Toney knows how much we appreciate his belief in Auburn. I very much look forward to watching his career.

I agree that it is sad to see such minimal page counts, but this is a sign of a locked pupil that has shown we can be confident in him. the old saying about the sqeaky wheel stands true in thread count as well. I'm certain he fully understands how excited we all are to see him in O&B in 2013, maybe even as excited as he is himself. I think he is going to be a perfect fit to our family. My hope is that 20 years down the road, we all remember how integral he was in helping assemble the stellar class that started the Gus era!

WDE CAMERON!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that it is sad to see such minimal page counts, but this is a sign of a locked pupil that has shown we can be confident in him. the old saying about the sqeaky wheel stands true in thread count as well. I'm certain he fully understands how excited we all are to see him in O&B in 2013, maybe even as excited as he is himself. I think he is going to be a perfect fit to our family. My hope is that 20 years down the road, we all remember how integral he was in helping assemble the stellar class that started the Gus era!

WDE CAMERON!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it's funny about looking back. 2010 conversations will always center around the talents of Cam and Nick but I think of Kodi and the example he set. He contributed mightily on the field with some great catches but to face the ending of his dream to be a QB and put the team first. I think the way he handled it not only held the team together but tightened it up. He is my favorite player on the 2010 team.

Cam Toney has stepped up to be a leader in this class. His attitude has been an absolute blessing for Auburn this year. That never give up attitude and love for Auburn will bring him much success in the next 4 years and beyond. Love having this kid on the team.

WDE CAMERON!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it's funny about looking back. 2010 conversations will always center around the talents of Cam and Nick but I think of Kodi and the example he set. He contributed mightily on the field with some great catches but to face the ending of his dream to be a QB and put the team first. I think the way he handled it not only held the team together but tightened it up. He is my favorite player on the 2010 team.

+1. I was so happy when he caught that TD pass in the NCG. Couldnt have happened to a better individual. We're blessed to have him BACK in Auburn.

Cam Toney has stepped up to be a leader in this class. His attitude has been an absolute blessing for Auburn this year. That never give up attitude and love for Auburn will bring him much success in the next 4 years and beyond. Love having this kid on the team.

Cam Toney will make us proud no matter what. His loyalty won't go unrewarded.

I am super pumped to have Cam Tony on board. His attitude will be infectious and what we need to fix our problems more than talent in my opinion. He's just what the Dr ordered!

I am super pumped to have Cam Tony on board. His attitude will be infectious and what we need to fix our problems more than talent in my opinion. He's just what the Dr ordered!

agreed,and I can't remember the last recruit from north Alabama we have gotten. Maybe this will help in that area of the state.

agreed,and I can't remember the last recruit from north Alabama we have gotten. Maybe this will help in that area of the state.

yeah it's been a while. Jason Bosley maybe? Getting Jonathan Ford would be a boost as well.

yeah it's been a while. Jason Bosley maybe? Getting Jonathan Ford would be a boost as well.

Quindarious Carr came from the same High School as Cam Toney. I went there myself, I was a sophomore when Q was a senior. Huntsville High I feel gets underrated at times in terms of the talent produced. I kind of blame it on the coaches not getting us out to as many camps to show case some of us.

Quindarious Carr came from the same High School as Cam Toney. I went there myself, I was a sophomore when Q was a senior. Huntsville High I feel gets underrated at times in terms of the talent produced. I kind of blame it on the coaches not getting us out to as many camps to show case some of us.

Yep, it totally forgot he went there. Solid player.

Not sure about that. But times have changed since I went to Huntsville High. When I played there we went to the Auburn camps during the summer. That was under Coach Patterson though. My last year was under Coach Weisman. My younger cousin played as well after I left and he went to a couple of camps (some on his own time I think). I believe he was in your class actually. I'll PM you his name.

@CToney47: Just feel like saying War Eagle out loud for no reason.

This is what I want at my University. Passion, desire, want. I don't even care that he plays football, although I'm obviously glad he'll be around as a seemingly positive influence. This young man has a vision. Fortunately for all of us fans he has a vision that will help lead the good guys in the future. War Damn, Cam. War Damn.

Archived