2013 3* LB Cameron Toney signs with AU!

RunInRed

i like this kid better than any we have committed or have been recruiting....he has maturity and class

+1000

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.al.com/sp...date_no_ca.html

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama -- Cameron Toney cannot wait until National Signing Day.

The Huntsville linebacker and Auburn commitment has remained dedicated to the Tigers despite the program's disappointing season and coaching change, and now he simply wants to finish the recruiting process.

"I'm ready for it," he said Wednesday. "This is the best time of my life. Every day, I'm wishing it would come faster."

Following the hiring of Gus Malzahn, Toney remained firm in his commitment to Auburn. He said the new Auburn coach visited him two days after being hired, spending about 90 minutes at Huntsville High prior to meeting Toney's parents at the family home.

Toney said new defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson visited him a week after being hired.

Toney recorded 107 tackles, including 18 in a single game, while battling a high ankle sprain for much of his senior season. He works with a personal trainer three days a week and works out on other days on his own.

"It's doing a lot better," Toney said of the ankle. "I'm still working around it and working hard trying not to re-injure it."

Toney (6-2, 230) committed to Auburn in April. He chose the Tigers over Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi State and Arkansas, among others.

Linebacker Cameron Toney says he remains firmly in the Auburn recruiting camp, and he'll spend time leading up to Signing Day trying to get more players to see it his way.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/01/db_cameron_sutton_still_commit.html#incart_more_sports

Love this kid....

• Cameron Toney, three-star linebacker from Huntsville, said he’ll return next weekend after visiting this weekend. Toney plans to take in Auburn’s men’s basketball game Saturday against Kentucky, but the trip will have business along with leisure. He also plans to do some recruiting for the Tigers. “The main thing for getting this class rebuilt is this class,” Toney said. “That’s the main thing on the defensive side.”

• When asked about which guys Toney plans to recruit hardest, the first name he gave was expected: “We’ve got to get Reuben (Foster) back, that’s for sure.” Auburn commit and Carver High QB Jeremy Johnson called Foster the “face of the defense,” saying getting him back on board is top priority.

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/article_9d727d86-5db4-11e2-ba58-0019bb30f31a.html

Funny how he doesn't have more than 5 pages discussing him but I suppose that's how it is when you're commiteted and loyal.

Quick question though I keep hearing conflicting ratings for this kid is he a 3 or 4*

ESPN has him as a low 4* many others have him as a high 3* I think he's going to be one of those who commits to a program and then uses some internal drive and motivation to become an all-conference player

Funny how he doesn't have more than 5 pages discussing him but I suppose that's how it is when you're commiteted and loyal.

Quick question though I keep hearing conflicting ratings for this kid is he a 3 or 4*

He is an All Auburn 5* and it doesn't get any better than that. :wareagle:

ESPN has him as a low 4* many others have him as a high 3* I think he's going to be one of those who commits to a program and then uses some internal drive and motivation to become an all-conference player

+1.....I love this kid!

I love hearing Toney and JJ talk about AU. They are fully committed and want everyone to know. Not only that, they consistantly talk about doing what they can to build up this class. I know talent goes a long way (which both of these guys have), but attitude makes a huge diffierence.

He is an All Auburn 5* and it doesn't get any better than that. :wareagle:/>

Gonna end up being a vocal team leader. Already starting now, good sign, we need some leaders.

I'll agree that he's going to be a vocal leader for this class and possibly for the team. Time will tell on the latter. Depending on how it finishes, this class could have a pretty large number of guys that a vocal and charismatic (Toney, Foster, and Johnson are the best examples).

I just read where, in a recent interview Cam stated that he is working hard to get Liner back in the family. The quote was something along the lines of "get his head straight".

Archived