AU's Junior Day

RunInRed

From: Coach Chizik. "The people that love you will support you wherever you go"!! #greatpeople #Auburn #GrindForeva

Yesterday was the best day I ever had!! #Auburn #GrindForeva

@CToney47 (Cameron Toney)

Safety Vonn Bell (Rossville, Ga./Ridgeland) is one of the hottest prospects from the Peach State. Today he visited Auburn for its junior day.

“It was really good,” Bell said. “Me and my family met with the staff. That was great. They are not just about football. We talked a ton about academics and life. That was our first trip there and it was much better than I expected. They met all my requirements. The staff was open, it’s the SEC, I loved the environment and they have the majors I am interested in.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=9874

TE Standish Dobard: ‘I just fell in love’

@BMatt247

354354.jpg

Standish Dobard, TE

New Orleans, LA

6'5 / 235 / 4.85

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Michigan, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Texas Tech, among others.

Recruiting Profiles:

247Sports 3*

Rivals 4*

Scout

Dobard is a prototypical tight end with his combination of size, speed, and toughness. He is a solid blocker, but he can also line up outside, and create mismatches. He can still improve his route-running and his quickness out of his cuts, but he has a good mix of what it takes to be an every down tight end on the next level. He has very strong hands, he can block down, and he can make plays. - Chad Simmons

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=5801604

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LpsCY_20bh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2:50 mark

Kamryn Melton just told me he is taking a visit back to Auburn on Monday to meet with Coach Chizik and make his commitment official.

@AndrewJBone

Idle curiosity from me: When did Andrew "Big bammer" Bone start covering Auburn? Followup question, can we send him back?

Looks like the classic case of a kid trying to commit when the coaches aren't ready to take it.

Rivals is confirming we have accepted the commitment from Kamryn Melton.

404924_393891450636945_100000482792410_1583584_1555440389_n.jpg

I tell you what! I know it's way too early to be excited, but you have to be impressed with what is happening already for 2013.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like a great pick up for us.

By the way, How does some graduate early ? I have always wondered about that. Anyone know how someone does that, this is genuine question (Have a high school senior kid who will graduate in 2013). Thanks

I think it is all about how many credits you are required to fulfill before graduation. Some fulfill all requirements before their last senior semester. When I was in high school my last semester was 2 "fluff courses" and the rest of the day I was free to go home because I had fulfilled all my credit hours for graduation. I could have graduated early but I chose to enjoy my last high school semester. It can be worth it if you are not trying to get to college to get to the NFL haha.

I think it is all about how many credits you are required to fulfill before graduation. Some fulfill all requirements before their last senior semester. When I was in high school my last semester was 2 "fluff courses" and the rest of the day I was free to go home because I had fulfilled all my credit hours for graduation. I could have graduated early but I chose to enjoy my last high school semester. It can be worth it if you are not trying to get to college to get to the NFL haha.

Thanks

Auburn WR commit Earnest Robinson will graduate early

@BMatt247

That's great news! We have four slots available for early enrolees, use those four slots or lose 'em. I don't think we want to lose 'em.

I'm glad that he has chosen to graduate early! He really seems like a very talented kid and going through spring practices will only help him to get better and challenge for a spot in the fall!

WDE

• 5 months later...

Archived