Honestly not impressed with the coaching job done this year.

FootballFanatic

I have to say the team didn't get better the whole year. The defense was bad and barely got mediocre. The offense went from serviceable to horrible.

Even with the tough schedule the showing the team put up against LSU and Alabama this year isn't acceptable for a program with 4 top 10 recruiting classes sitting in its roster.

I didn't expect to win this weekend but the lack of any real progress achieving first downs. Defense couldn't defend a pass if they tried.

I hope to see a better job done next year but there needs to be something done.

I count two top ten recruiting classes, not four. Pat Dye on the radio last week said he thinks this year's coaching job is much better than last year's. Youngest team in Auburn history playing the toughest schedule in Auburn history and still winning seven games. But what does Dye know about football, right?

Anyway, in August the gamblers had us going 4-8. What do they know either?

You know Mikey the poster is right. The coaches let the players down no doubt. Did you go to the Iron Bowl? Auburn handled time management, calling the plays in and sideline communication horribly. Case in point AU has 4-1 they run the play clock down call a TO even then they break the huddle with ten second barely get the play off and Dyer gets stuffed,

The team clearly regressed one could reasonably conclude that is coaching. Frankly some of the criticisms of Chizik at ISU came to fruition this years.

Chizik Is a good coach he will fix it but if he ever answered a direction question honestly even he would say they could have done better job coaching. This said they won the BCS that gives them a free pass for a while.

This said they won the BCS that gives them a free pass for a while.

BCS pass has been used. If we have another year of getting owned by Arky, LSU, UGA and Bama and it's time to head in another direction. 4 years to get it going is plenty. If the team had been competitive in the losses it might be different. Young or not, these are supposed to be top 10 recruiting classes and they barely beat Utah St and mailed it in against Samford. Coaching was awful as the "young" team got worse not better.

I have to say the team didn't get better the whole year. The defense was bad and barely got mediocre. The offense went from serviceable to horrible.

Even with the tough schedule the showing the team put up against LSU and Alabama this year isn't acceptable for a program with 4 top 10 recruiting classes sitting in its roster.

I didn't expect to win this weekend but the lack of any real progress achieving first downs. Defense couldn't defend a pass if they tried.

I hope to see a better job done next year but there needs to be something done.

Dont get me wrong I don't like Ted roof but still i believe in auburn and their ability to hire a good coach. I believe we would have saved our money on gene if he wasn't worth it. I believe in his ability to make the best decisions not for him or his friends but for auburn university. Take a breath we were young, the coaches faced a lot of adversity for the first time under pressure together ( 09 doesn't count it was their first year) Gene will do what's right for the program but just give it time

After this season, I finally believe that having a great defense year to year brings better consistency to a team. Having a good defense takes the heat off of the quarterback to win the game, it also puts the offense in good positions to score, and finally it's easier to build a defense and be consistent because the defense doesn't really have any skill positions like the offense does (Quarterback, Running Back, etc).

This being said, I believe if we can fix the defense next year, it will work miracles for the offense.

After this season, I finally believe that having a great defense year to year brings better consistency to a team. Having a good defense takes the heat off of the quarterback to win the game, it also puts the offense in good positions to score, and finally it's easier to build a defense and be consistent because the defense doesn't really have any skill positions like the offense does (Quarterback, Running Back, etc).

This being said, I believe if we can fix the defense next year, it will work miracles for the offense.

As poorly as the D played if the offense could actually muster two TD drives Auburn could have won at one point. Gus's offensive gameplan was horrible. Not going to win when you cannot complete a ten yard pass downfield.

I count two top ten recruiting classes, not four. Pat Dye on the radio last week said he thinks this year's coaching job is much better than last year's. Youngest team in Auburn history playing the toughest schedule in Auburn history and still winning seven games. But what does Dye know about football, right?

I have heard that alot that we were predicted to go 4-8 but we won 7 games. You have to remember too, that Florida, Mississippi State, and South Carolina was suppose to be

better than what they were. Who did we really beat that we wasn't suppose to besides South Carolina? Even teams like Utah State and Samford was in the game with us till late in the game.

I realize we are young, but we should have been better. The teams that beat us, blew us out!!

I have heard that alot that we were predicted to go 4-8 but we won 7 games. You have to remember too, that Florida, Mississippi State, and South Carolina was suppose to be

better than what they were. Who did we really beat that we wasn't suppose to besides South Carolina? Even teams like Utah State and Samford was in the game with us till late in the game.

I realize we are young, but we should have been better. The teams that beat us, blew us out!!

Yes, our very young team got blown out by five teams that are currently ranked in or near the top 15 and three of those five losses were to teams in the top 8. Four of those five losses were on the road.

I don't like getting blown out either, but a young and inexperienced team needs to be allowed some slack. Very few of the sophomores on this team played much last year, there were so many seniors on the field and the games were so close that almost no reserves got significant playing time.

If we can add a third great recruiting class this year there should be a significant improvement next season. Remember, one year after winning a BCS championship at LSU, Saban's team finished the regular season 7-5, just like Auburn is right now. It takes time!

I was very impressed with the gameplan we had against South Carolina. I don't know why we abandoned the run-run-run-run-run and pass only if absolutely necessary strategy. Almost every pass we threw after that game (except against Ole Miss) was a total disaster.

It may not have allowed us to win, but running over and over with a sneaky pass inserted in every once in a while was our best hope this year. That strategy (and Garcia's inabilities) are why we beat 10-2 South Carolina and not using it is why we got blown out by 10-2 Arkansas, 12-0 LSU, 10-2 Georgia, and 11-1 Alabama.

6 returning starters from 2010! Before that, LSU had the least coming off a BCS Championship team at 12 (2007). They went 7-5, 3-5 in the SEC. We went 4-4 with a win over a top 10 team. I'd say we did better than most would have done in the same situation. I don't like getting blown out either, but we are headed to a bowl and a chance to work on 2012. I'll take it.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!:cheer:

We could have easily been 4-8. There was a lot not to like about the 5 losses, but the seven wins means we did not squander the momentum of the BCS championship and can use the bowl practice and game for 2012.

Going to need some soul searching for an offensive and defensive philosophy. I'm over it, I lets find what it takes to get better.

Little doc

You can say what you want to about our youth, inexperience, LSU's stats, gamblers predictions, yada yada yada, but the undeniable fact is this: our defense was unprepared for our opponent's offensive scheme pretty much every game.

Archived