Auburn/Georgia Post Game

PigskinPat

I know I said this in the game thread but let's start the thread rolling:

I'm as big a Chizik fan as any, but I already can guess his post game remarks: 1) this is totally unacceptable, 2) the Auburn family deserves better, 3) we are going to take a look at everything and get it fixed.

War Eagle

That's exactly how I think he responds. I don't feel like we ever get more than coach speak out of him.

Just noticed UGA had 528 yards of offense.. that's the second time this year we've given up over 500. How many people think Chizik actually cans Roof after this year?

That's exactly how I think he responds. I don't feel like we ever get more than coach speak out of him.

Just noticed UGA had 528 yards of offense.. that's the second time this year we've given up over 500. How many people think Chizik actually cans Roof after this year?

That wouldn't fix things as much as Chizik keeping his hands to himself and letting Roof run the defense he wants to run (which is NOTHING like what was shown tonight) would fix.

That wouldn't fix things as much as Chizik keeping his hands to himself and letting Roof run the defense he wants to run (which is NOTHING like what was shown tonight) would fix.

Very true. I just want to see some kind of change in the defense because what's been run the last three years isn't generally working

I can understand that sentiment, although Roof was brought in to run Chizik's defense. This is Chizik's team, no? Maybe it was a poor fit in terms of agreeing on the schematic aspect of it?? Whatever it is, it needs to be fixed ASAP.

Is there really anything to discuss?

We need to take our Weedeater bowl invitation and be thankful for the extra practice and free Zunes for all the players.

It's far too late to fix things for this season. It was too late Labor Day weekend when they entered the season looking as if they hadn't practiced a day since Jan.

This entire coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves for cashing their paychecks and leaving these kids to get slaughtered 5 times this year. It's reprehensible.

I know I said this in the game thread but let's start the thread rolling:

I'm as big a Chizik fan as any, but I already can guess his post game remarks: 1) this is totally unacceptable, 2) the Auburn family deserves better, 3) we are going to take a look at everything and get it fixed.

War Eagle

^^^ That's pretty much how it is going to go!

I have not been a big fan of Roof the past 3yrs but it looks like Chiz needs a reality check at the end of this season too! & Needs to check GM and some of that play calling! Serious evaluation will be done after the season for sure..Only coach that has a secured job is probably the Special Teams coach, the RB coach and Trooper...everybody else will get a serious evaluation. Not meaning as in fired but some philosophies will be changed or they will have if it does not get any better!

Our 4 losses on the road have all looked the same.

O-line and D-line is where it all starts and we are struggling.

Eltoro was playing at a different speed than everyone else.

Being in Sanford was painful tonight. I must say though, I was actually around some fairly cool UGAly fans. No issues with them. The Crown helped.

Just sick after coming home from that beatdown, and i got couple of things...

1.)Where are all the 5* recruits we have been bringing past couple years and why arent they making plays.

2.)Emory Blake is the only playmaking WR we have PERIOD.(excluding Lutz)

3.)Malzhan has become predictable. I know when the bubble screen and wrap around draws are coming.

4.)We have a QB issue....a BIG one

Chizik is a better DC than Roof ever was. Check the stats. Did miss something, I didnt see Chizk calling defensive plays today. Gus' offense has regressed this season. OL play is horrible. The 'we are young card' is off the table 10 games into the season. At the end of the season I would expect Roof to be gone and Gus possibily leaving for a HC gig. If Gus goes expect a more conventional OC that will better balance the team. Increase the TOP and emphasis on running the ball. As a result the defensive numbers will improve...my $.02.

WDE

Chizik is a better DC than Roof ever was. Check the stats. Did miss something, I didnt see Chizk calling defensive plays today. Gus' offense has regressed this season. OL play is horrible. The 'we are young card' is off the table 10 games into the season. At the end of the season I would expect Roof to be gone and Gus possibily leaving for a HC gig. If Gus goes expect a more conventional OC that will better balance the team. Increase the TOP and emphasis on running the ball. As a result the defensive numbers will improve...my $.02.

WDE

Not saying i agree but that's something to think about! I think Roof will gone for sure and CGM most likely will not get a counter offer in $$ from like last year if a school is after him..it will probably Auburn's way of saying you can go if you want..it makes it easy on us not to decide to keep you or not keep you. IDK...some changes will be made after this year for sure...there will be no escaping it!

Did miss something, I didnt see Chizk calling defensive plays today.

Evidently so. Every time Georgia had the ball today, that was your HC's defensive scheme.

Is there really anything to discuss?

We need to take our Weedeater bowl invitation and be thankful for the extra practice and free Zunes for all the players.

Doesn't Bamagrad own a Zune? LOL.

As far as the game went I turned it off right after halftime. I couldn't bear to watch any more. I can take losing but getting blown out isn't my cup of tea.

Would we have been better off not having two weeks to "prepare"? How do you explain away a 38 point loss to one of your biggest rivals after you had two weeks to prepare for them? Thank goodness for Eltoro or it might have been even worse. That young man has been playing some inspired football and the rest of the team needs to take note.

Would we have been better off not having two weeks to "prepare"? How do you explain away a 38 point loss to one of your biggest rivals after you had two weeks to prepare for them? Thank goodness for Eltoro or it might have been even worse. That young man has been playing some inspired football and the rest of the team needs to take note.

No doubt. The Bull was flying around tonight. If Holland was out there we would have lost by 70. The effort was pathetic.

Being in Sanford was painful tonight. I must say though, I was actually around some fairly cool UGAly fans. No issues with them. The Crown helped.

I've been to Sanford half a dozen times. Only saw 1 loss there, that was in '91, I believe. Never had any issues at the game, because we usually win, and most Auburn fans don't gloat or rub it in their faces. Never saw anything like this. After the 1st TD, we never even competed.

With all the b.s. that went on last year, and how they trashed our campus.... I'm surprised you had such a decent time of it. I really am. In my mind, they're the worst fans ever. Period.

I've been to Sanford half a dozen times. Only saw 1 loss there, that was in '91, I believe. Never had any issues at the game, because we usually win, and most Auburn fans don't gloat or rub it in their faces. Never saw anything like this. After the 1st TD, we never even competed.

With all the b.s. that went on last year, and how they trashed our campus.... I'm surprised you had such a decent time of it. I really am. In my mind, they're the worst fans ever. Period.

Some of them still believe that Fairley hit from last year was a dirty play and are still mad about it.

Evidently so. Every time Georgia had the ball today, that was your HC's defensive scheme.

Oh you mean the same scheme that was used by Chizik in 2004 when we were #1 in scoring defense and #5 overall? That one? Or the defensive scheme that he ran at UT when they won a MNC? Why do you think Chizik was a hot commodity as a HC? Because he rocked a leather bomber? Some of you guys have some pretty selective, short memories. When was Roof EVER a hot commodity as a DC?

1321191203[/url]' post='778921']
1321156562[/url]' post='778834']
1321154111[/url]' post='778811']

Oh you mean the same scheme that was used by Chizik in 2004 when we were #1 in scoring defense and #5 overall? That one? Or the defensive scheme that he ran at UT when they won a MNC? Why do you think Chizik was a hot commodity as a HC? Because he rocked a leather bomber? Some of you guys have some pretty selective, short memories. When was Roof EVER a hot commodity as a DC?

Can someone tell me when Chizik was a "hot commodity" as a coach? Shades of 5-19 are coming to fruition.....

I really don't want anyone fired...I'd really just rather see us improve. I get mad like everyone and want an immediate fix..The frustrating thing is I don't really see the improvement this year; at any position. There are a handful of individuals who are playing well... Eltoro is playing inspired ball; Blake is a man, Lutzie...but that is about it...3 is not enough. My biggest gripe with the Defense is the D-back play. Not in position, really ever...it's not that they are not making plays in the rare occasions they are near the ball; they are just never really near the ball...I've seen Pop Warner teams better prepared in the secondary than our guys.

Offensively we are regressing. I will say this one last time...to be successful, this offense has to run the ball 1st! To run, there has to be the threat that the QB will run. Neither BT or CM can run or even carry the threat that they will run. The defenses are selling out to get the RB because no one cares about the QB....we cannot win without a running QB in this scheme...so either completely change the scheme (not likely or practical and not really even needed) or put a QB in that can run. KF can run and carries the threat of run constantly. He needs to play... is the staff afraid we'll get beat 40 points with him in the game? Oh wait, we already have been beaten by 40 in 2 lopsided losses...and if the defenses are afraid of the run...then maybe, just maybe, we can complete a pass or two when we need to....these coaches are paid too much money to miss obvious things....

War Eagle...I love all the Auburn family...coaches, players, staff...all of their blue and orange hearts...but when a family member is not living up to family expectations, they need to be spoken to about it in very plain terms...(like my Mom would do to our family members when we violated the family standards...maybe I can get Mom to call the staff and have a conversation with them...)...

Archived