Lattimore hurt

WarEagle123

Looked like a pretty clear ACL injury. I'd be shocked if he isn't done for the year.

Ouch. I missed the play / replay, and just saw him limping off the field.

Bummer.

Here's a picture.

http://cl.ly/0q420U30281G203H0W1m

Looks like more than a sprain

OMGosh, yeah I would say that "Sprain" is more like spin by USCe....

Yeah. The team huddling around him on the sidelines to pray made it seem like more than a sprain. I was shocked that they waited so long to get him off the sidelines.

Technically a sprain involves stretching/tearing of the ligaments. I think calling it a sprain is their means of praying their wrong about the physical tests they did on the sidelines. They may have been "inconclusive". I had a full thickness tear of my ACL from barely hyper-extending it and my ortho called it a sprain until the MRI confirmed.

I've been wrong before but I will be shocked if I am this time. I hate it for the kid

Also tore cartilage. No official word as to which ligament but it is an ACL. The cartilage tear complicates his post-op recovery a bit as he will have more restrictions. Given his current physical shape and the demands of his leg they would almost certainly use a cadaver tendon to replace his ACL. If he had only torn the ligament he would be up and moving MUCH sooner. As we've seen in 99% of athletes with a blown ACL, he won't be that effective next year either. Here's to a speedy recovery. I hate it for him

Really hated to hear this. He is a good kid; wish him a quick recovery and continued success against 10 11 other SEC teams.

Does anybody know what the guideline is for a medical hardship redshirt? How many games can a kid play in before he is ineligible to petition for a redshirt?

Also tore cartilage. No official word as to which ligament but it is an ACL. The cartilage tear complicates his post-op recovery a bit as he will have more restrictions. Given his current physical shape and the demands of his leg they would almost certainly use a cadaver tendon to replace his ACL. If he had only torn the ligament he would be up and moving MUCH sooner. As we've seen in 99% of athletes with a blown ACL, he won't be that effective next year either. Here's to a speedy recovery. I hate it for him

I hate it for him. I'm having my surgery tomorrow to also my repair a torn ACL and torn cartilage(from playing basketball). Not looking forward to the rehab and more than likely will miss Snowboard season this winter. I'm just hoping to be able to move around good enough by the Iron Bowl so I can make it down to the game.

Really hated to hear this. He is a good kid; wish him a quick recovery and continued success against 10 11 other SEC teams.

Does anybody know what the guideline is for a medical hardship redshirt? How many games can a kid play in before he is ineligible to petition for a redshirt?

Not real sure but in Lattimore's case it wont matter. He will go pro after next season anyway. I heard an interesting idea the other day on the radio. Lattimore should just go to one of those football training facilities instead of play another season of CFB and risk injury. He has already proved he has the NFL skills and the life span of a RB is already short enough as is.

Acl rehab is hell or at least it was 15 years ago. You can get around and even run without an acl. You have absolutely no lateral movement though. That's definately an acl tearing injury looking at the pic.

I think the guidelines are 25% of your regular season schedule. So he's well beyond that.

Also, he played as a freshman, so he'd use his regular redshirt.

Archived