Auburn vs. Bama War

Proud Tiger

View PostMikey' date=' on Yesterday, 10:58 PM, said:

For years, the Downtown Athletic Club, the outfit that sponsors the Heisman trophy, has paid for the suits worn by athletes that are invited to the ceremony in New York. This has the blessing of the NCAA. I don't know why the NCAA even bothered to check this out, if in fact they did.[/quote']

I have heard that from other friends as well, but never seen any official link or statement...anybody got one?--would settle it easily if we can find one.

Pat Sullivan told me that in 1972. Brian Matthews and Bill Cameron said the same thing on the SportsCall radio show a few days ago. Beyond that, I got nothin'. A link would be nice but it will take somebody with better internet skills than I have to find it.

Not even this writer wants to come out and admit that the cause of all the trouble is the Updyke Nation, who honestly believes Auburn owes it to them to lay down and play dead. Auburn owes bama nothing but another butt whipping.

The bama program is xorrupt. That's how they've managed to win, whenever they managed that, for ages. The fact that they've been on NCAA probation for 17+ years is proof of that. They cannot abide honest competition.

How this all should end is with the NCAA shutting down the mafia style program at bama for 5 years or so and then insisting they play be the rules from there on out. But that's not going to happen. The next bext thing would be for them to have to play all their games as away games for 6 years, no games in BD stadium, no post season play, no schols. Take them back to square one.

Only then will they learn some humility and accept their place in the world.

Not even this writer wants to come out and admit that the cause of all the trouble is the Updyke Nation, who honestly believes Auburn owes it to them to lay down and play dead. Auburn owes bama nothing but another butt whipping.

The bama program is xorrupt. That's how they've managed to win, whenever they managed that, for ages. The fact that they've been on NCAA probation for 17+ years is proof of that. They cannot abide honest competition.

How this all should end is with the NCAA shutting down the mafia style program at bama for 5 years or so and then insisting they play be the rules from there on out. But that's not going to happen. The next bext thing would be for them to have to play all their games as away games for 6 years, no games in BD stadium, no post season play, no schols. Take them back to square one.

Only then will they learn some humility and accept their place in the world.

Love that part. I, for one, would love to not have to deal with home games in Tuscaloosa. It is truly a PITA.

Maybe only play the Iron Bowl in Tuskaloser. After all, Auburn is 7-1 there all time and I'd love to keep that going.

View PostMikey' date=' on Yesterday, 10:58 PM, said:

For years, the Downtown Athletic Club, the outfit that sponsors the Heisman trophy, has paid for the suits worn by athletes that are invited to the ceremony in New York. This has the blessing of the NCAA. I don't know why the NCAA even bothered to check this out, if in fact they did.[/quote']

I have heard that from other friends as well, but never seen any official link or statement...anybody got one?--would settle it easily if we can find one.

Pat Sullivan told me that in 1972. Brian Matthews and Bill Cameron said the same thing on the SportsCall radio show a few days ago. Beyond that, I got nothin'. A link would be nice but it will take somebody with better internet skills than I have to find it.

4th hit in a google search for "heisman suits":

Dressing Heisman Winners

Modern Formals, which has branches in Meriden, Southington and North Haven, has been the official outfitter of the Heisman Memorial Trophy winner, selected the nation's most outstanding college football player, since 2004. The family-owned business got the job by impressing Heisman committee members with the way it dressed local high school athletes at New Haven's Walter Camp Football Foundation awards.

Archived