War Eagle vs Roll Tide

AFTiger

Stanford - Cardinal and the Tree

Ole Miss - Rebels and that Bear thing

hahahahaha.

still...worst idea ever.

I think Ole Miss should have picked the shark mascot. If you're going to pick something irrelevant to your program, at least make it original and awesome. Are there any schools with shark mascots?

Stanford - Cardinal and the Tree

Ole Miss - Rebels and that Bear thing

Until 1930, Stanford did not have a "mascot" name for its athletic teams. In that year, the athletic department adopted the name "Indians." In 1972, "Indians" was dropped after a complaint of racial insensitivity was lodged by Native American students.

The Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band rallies football fans with arrangements of "All Right Now" and other contemporary music.The Stanford sports teams are now officially referred to as the Stanford Cardinal, referring to the deep red color, not the cardinal bird. Cardinal, and later cardinal and white has been the university's official color since the 19th century. The Band's mascot, "The Tree", has become associated with the school in general. Part of the Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band (LSJUMB), the tree symbol derives from the El Palo Alto redwood tree on the Stanford and City of Palo Alto seals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_University#Athletics

I spent last week at Destin and was War Eagled by several Auburn people. I spoke to many of them and most were Alums. The mostly Redneck Roll Tide's I received were from the people at the Walmart, gas stations, and locals.

I was in Naples, FL a couple of weeks ago and was shocked to receive a WAR EAGLE down there.....normally we see too many Bammers there but not this time, WAAAAY more Auburn fans. Last week I was in Gatlinburg and can not tell you how many WAR EAGLE's I received just walking down the street.....not one Roll Tide. :big:

Archived