Kwon Alexander

AU Jack

• 3 weeks later...

Needs his own thread.... We get this guy, book it.

Done...

209134.jpg

Kwon Alexander, LB

Oxford, AL

6'2 / 210 / 4.51

Offers:

Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Illinois, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Tennessee Tech, UAB and UCLA, among others.

Notes:

- Teammate to AU commit Michael Flint

- BCW III attendee

247Sports 4* (the247 -- 69)

Rivals 4* (Rivals100 -- 77)

Scout 5*

2010 stats: Alexander recorded 147 tackles and 17 sacks, six forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.

2009 (11 games): Alexander had 147 tackles with 91 solo, 51 tackles for loss, nine sacks, five forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4552138

Highlights:

Heard somewhere that he decided to go to LSU's "picnic" this weekend instead of Big Cat. Is that true? If so, it can't be great news.

Heard somewhere that he decided to go to LSU's "picnic" this weekend instead of Big Cat. Is that true? If so, it can't be great news.

What is the "picnic" at LSU? Their version of Big Cat?

Life is tough for the message board recruiting "gurus".

:roflol:

Maybe if our baseball team hadn't been swept by Samford there would be other things to discuss!

Maybe if our baseball team hadn't been swept by Samford there would be other things to discuss!

Ouch.

I think its not secret that Alabama will probably be the team to beat with Kwon. However, my cousin plays for Spain Park (where Grass use to coach) and he's told me that Grass is an Auburn guy. Obviously we wouldn't want him doing anything bad, I just thought maybe he could put in a good word.

It does appear we've got an uphill battle with Kwon. Disappointing he didn't show to BCW III. Hopefully, things will change over the next 6-8 months.

• 3 months later...

Evidently, Kwon tore his ACL Friday night. Hate it for him.

Horrible news for the young man. His freshman year of college is essentially shot as well

Dang....hate to hear this! Hope everything turns out well for the young man.

• 1 month later...
Five-star LB Kwon Alexander from Oxford, Ala., informs me he will take his first official visit this weekend to LSU

@AndrewJBone

Andrew "Bammer" Bone must think UAT has a good shot at Kwon. Otherwise he wouldn't have called him a five-star.

Andrew "Bammer" Bone must think UAT has a good shot at Kwon. Otherwise he wouldn't have called him a five-star.

He's rated a 5-star on Scout...which he shouldn't be BTW.

• 1 month later...

AU seems to have garnered a good lead with Kwon. Early on, I thought Bama was a leader. Who has the skinny?

He's a backup plan at Bama. Basically; the reality is that they most likely wont have a spot for him...so we may win by default. They are also recruiting him as a safety, he doesn't fit their defensive scheme very well at LB.

AU seems to have garnered a good lead with Kwon. Early on, I thought Bama was a leader. Who has the skinny?

He's a backup plan at Bama. Basically; the reality is that they most likely wont have a spot for him...so we may win by default. They are also recruiting him as a safety, he doesn't fit their defensive scheme very well at LB.

A prospect realizing he's not a fit for Saban's scheme ... that's refreshing. ($1 to Corey Grant, Brent Calloway, etc.)

• 1 month later...

Archived