BREAKING NEWS

RunInRed

Finally, a President strong enough to get the job done. "Mission Acompplished"

Obama didn't do it alone..... Thank you U.S. Navy Seals!

Amen. 24 seals, no American deaths, no civilian casualties. These guys are the best and we owe them our eternal gratitude.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much consideration was given to blasting "All I Do Is Win" as Obama stepped away from the mic?

Well done, sir.

Congratulations to the SEALs who risked their lives to make this happen...from looking at the notes above, I would have thought Obama was on the ground and pulled the trigger instead of golfing.

The world is better off without him.

But?

What got us on the trail?

"Detainees also identified this man as one of the few al Qaeda couriers trusted by bin Laden. They indicated he might be living with or protected by bin Laden," a senior administration official said in a briefing for reporters in Washington.

That’s right, interrogation of detainees. They identified a particular man as a very highly placed and trusted courier of bin Laden’s and security services attempted and successfully did follow him to the compound in Pakistan. Initially the assessment only stated that the compound probably housed high-value targets but eventually the operatives concluded that there was a very good possibility it also housed Osama bin Laden.

Now Ayman al-Zawahiri the Al Qaeda second-in-command should be hunted down and similarly dispatched.

link

link

While I think it provides justice and closure to those affected by 9/11, what does this really mean?

Nothing.

Bin Laden was a figurehead. There are many more terrorists left to deal with.

Gas prices are going to continue to soar and our debt will continue rise.

This is SSDD, it's just this one happens to be the Tom Cruise of terrorists.

I think this is an example of one of two extremes. The first of course is to think that OBL's death will somehow end the war on terror or that Al Qaida will slink away and collapse immediately. It's one guy. It's one step.

The other extreme is to say that it means "nothing." It's much more significant than that. It is just one man, but it was a very important one. This guy had taken on superhuman status in the eyes of his followers. This not only brings a sense of justice and accomplishment to us, but is a damaging psychological blow to Al Qaida and her sympathizers. It could signal the beginning of the end for them.

You raise some good points, and I don't disagree.

This is interesting - I had forgotten about this: John McCain said he wouldn't go after Bin Laden in Pakistan.

In July 2008, CNN's Larry King interviewed then-presidential candidate John McCain. The host asked the Republican senator, "If you were president and knew that bin Laden was in Pakistan, you know where, would you have U.S. forces go in after him?"

McCain said he would not.

"Larry, I'm not going to go there and here's why: because Pakistan is a sovereign nation."

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2011_05/029220.php

Not too get into the politics of this but it is worth pointing out that elections do matter. And based on McCain's comments, it's plausible to wonder if he was President, would UBL still be alive?

This is fantastic news! No of course it doesn't mean that the War on Terror is over or that al queda is no longer a threat (in fact, for the next few weeks the threat level is probably even higher), but this is important for at least three reasons: (1) justice was done and it provides some closure for the families and friends of the victims, (2) bin Laden was an important figure for his organization and from what I understand that only person who had the respect of all of al queda...they will have a harder time organizing without him as a leader, and (3) it shows that if you attack America we will hunt you down, no matter how long it takes.

Great job by our military and intelligence personnel!

It's now being reported that the intel came from interrogations that took place in "secret overseas detention centers"....does that mean Gitmo?

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Mark Twain

Just sent a box of cigars to the local Navy recruiter's office. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Funny, since the intiial intel surfaced pre-Obama in 2007. Don't act like Obama magically made this happened. It had ZERO to do with him, all do with the military and intelligence officials.

It had ZERO to do with him, all do with the military and intelligence officials.

Nope, but bet your a** it will be used as ammunition to get him reelected. :thumbsdown:

It had ZERO to do with him, all do with the military and intelligence officials.

Nope, but bet your a** it will be used as ammunition to get him reelected. :thumbsdown:

You know it. I laughed when he said that last night like it wasn't a top priority before. Oh well, at least that bastard is dead.

I heard something about this, while on XBox live, but wasn't real sure what the person meant about Obama being really happy..... then, right before I went to bed, I turned on the radio....wish i hadn't. It was late already, and then I had to turn on the t.v. and get the basic story...stayed up far later than I had intended.

Still trying to process the news today. Feels odd, somehow. Sounds like a text book operation, and then dumping his body at sea.

" Burial " :roflol:

Yeah, I'm sure it was all in accordance to strict Muslim custom.....( hell, what if it was ? ) If they really did dispose of the body, I'm gonna believe it was unceremoniously dumped, after having performed our own 'ceremony' on the remains.

It's now being reported that the intel came from interrogations that took place in "secret overseas detention centers"....does that mean Gitmo?

No because Gitmo is not a secret.

Some are reporting that the info began coming out in the "secret" CIA prisons.

Read what our friends and enemies in the war in which we are engaged are saying. Among the latter are Hamas and its supporters, as one can observe in the lamentation of Hamas leaer Ismail Haniyeh over the death of Osama bin Laden:

"We regard this as a continuation of the American policy based on oppression and the shedding of Muslim and Arab blood," Ismail Haniyeh, head of the Hamas administration in the Gaza Strip, told reporters.

Though he noted doctrinal differences between bin Laden's al-Qaida and Hamas, Haniyeh said: "We condemn the assassination and the killing of an Arab holy warrior. We ask God to offer him mercy with the true believers and the martyrs."

Keep that in mind when you hear that Hamas is anything more than a terrorist organization.

link

Funny, since the intiial intel surfaced pre-Obama in 2007. Don't act like Obama magically made this happened. It had ZERO to do with him, all do with the military and intelligence officials.

Sorry about the Torro Borro thing.

Read what our friends and enemies in the war in which we are engaged are saying. Among the latter are Hamas and its supporters, as one can observe in the lamentation of Hamas leaer Ismail Haniyeh over the death of Osama bin Laden:

"We regard this as a continuation of the American policy based on oppression and the shedding of Muslim and Arab blood," Ismail Haniyeh, head of the Hamas administration in the Gaza Strip, told reporters.

Though he noted doctrinal differences between bin Laden's al-Qaida and Hamas, Haniyeh said: "We condemn the assassination and the killing of an Arab holy warrior. We ask God to offer him mercy with the true believers and the martyrs."

Keep that in mind when you hear that Hamas is anything more than a terrorist organization.

link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-dead-world-leaders-react_n_856226.html#s272479&title=Palestinian_President_Mahmoud

Sorry about the Torro Borro thing.

You know damn well that this is a victory for both the Bush administration AND the Obama administration. Obama continued the policies created by those under Bush that led to this moment in time. Foolish if you think otherwise.

Great job Mr. President! Keep up the good work and the policies that get results.

Limbaugh: Thank G_d for President Obama

You heard that right: “Thank God for President Obama,” Rush Limbaugh said on his radio show Monday afternoon.

Limbaugh credited the president with the strategy that led to the killing of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we need to open the program today by congratulating President Obama,” Limbaugh said Monday afternoon at the start of his show. “President Obama has done something extremely effective, and when he does, this needs to be pointed out.”

While military experts wanted to bomb the Pakistani mansion where bin Laden was hiding, Limbaugh said, Obama may have “single-handedly [come] up with the technique” of attacking the target at the ground level. He credited the president with much more military prowess than Obama critics usually attribute to the president.

“President Obama, perhaps the only qualified member in the room to deal with this, insisted on the Special Forces,” he said. “No one else thought of that…. Not a single intelligence adviser, not a single national security adviser, not a single military adviser came up with the idea of using SEAL Team 6 or any Special Forces.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54122.html#ixzz1LDyhjoj8

Cindy Sheehan

I am sorry, but if you believe the newest death of OBL, you're stupid. Just think to yourself--they paraded Saddam's dead sons around to prove they were dead--why do you suppose they hastily buried this version of OBL at sea? This lying, murderous Empire can only exist with your brainwashed consent--just put your flags away and THINK!

link

GotEm.jpg

And that's what this should be all about. More work to be done, but today we should be thankful for all who helped make it happen.

Archived