SEC Bowl Schedule

tgr4lfe

Yeah, I didn't pick up on it initially. I was at that Purdue game, it was a little scary but they also ended up beating Ohio State that year and we did still win.

That loss to James Madison was unforgivable in my book. Plus I actually have watched a few VT games (watched the ACC CG and their game against NCSU) and I just don't think they have the guns to slow down Andrew Luck & company. They just don't pass the eye ball test in my opinion.

If I were king for a day, I'd have UConn and Stanford switch bowls... actually, I wouldn't have UConn in the BCS period but that's a different story.

I agree with you there! I thought it'd be sweet if the Sugar picked up Arky and Stanford. It would have been great to see the battle between Luck and Mallett.

My thoughts on each game:

12/30 UNC v. UT - Music City Bowl I just do not trust this UTK team to win against anyone. Anyone. UNC by 2.

12/31 UGA v. UCF - Liberty Bowl - Georgia should have a big win here. UGA by 14.

FSU vs. S. Carolina - Chik-fil-A Bowl - Dido for USC, they win by 17 or more.

01/01 Bama vs. Michigan St - Capital One Bowl - Biggest mismatch in the entire bowl season. I think MSU is hands down the worst 11 win team in history (that includes some 11 win NBA teams). They benefited from playing in an extremely weak league and then they only played one of the two good teams from that league. Plus I wouldn't want to be the team that lined up across Darling Nicky's kids after that embarrassing butt kicking in their last game. Say what we want about Bama but the one thing they do have is pride. Bama by, hold your hat, at least 28.

Mississippi ST vs. Michigan - Gator Bowl - This should be a fun one. MSU (the real one) has a better D than an all star team of Big 10 defenders but not much offense. Mee-shi-gan has a nice offense but I could score 28 points on their D and I'm a fat 42-year-old who's best 40 time was 5.7 and that was 24 years ago. MSU by 6.

Florida vs. Penn St - Outback Bowl - I don't know which Florida team will show up but I do know that the Penn State team that will be there is not very good at all. Again the Big 10 is a pathetic league. UF by 3.

01/04 Ohio St. vs. Arkansas - Sugar Bowl - this will be fun. I think it will be very competitive but Arky pulls away late to make those who don't watch it think it was a blow out. Arky by 20.

01/07 LSU vs. Texas A&M - Cotton Bowl - I know that the Big 12 was down this year. I think LSU by 3 but I may just be being an SEC homer.

01/08 Pitt vs. UK - BBVA Compass Bowl - Another SEC blow out. UK by 17 maybe more.

01/10 Oregon vs. AUBURN - Some thought I was crazy when I predicted a 52-13 AU win in Atlanta. I think Oregon is a dangerous team but hardly a true national championship contender.

Their 29th ranked defense only faced two top 25 offenses - 4 in the top 50. The composite ranking of their opponents' offenses is 67 (120, 75, 32, 16, 93, 99, 16, 76, 91, 27, 95).

Their 5th ranked offense only faced two top 25 defenses - 4 in the top 50. The composite ranking of their opponents' defenses is 75 (119, 70, 56, 24, 115, 93, 86, 85, 19, 35, 95, 29).

Our much maligned defense finished the season ranked 58th better than 7 of the teams Oregon has faced. The composite ranking of our opponents' offenses is 51 (46, 50, 87, 33, 84, 30, 11, 89, 49, 51, 31). The worst offense we faced was ULaMo at 89 which is better than five of the teams on UO's schedule.

Our second ranked offense faced two top 10 defenses - 7 in the top 50. The composite ranking of our opponents' defenses is 44 (105, 53, 22, 33, 65, 50, 36, 9, 81, 30, 7). Our composite opponent's score would be the fourth toughest defense on UO's schedule.

Auburn 66 Oregon 35.

Rebdog has some fun picks. I hope he's right about the Auburn game.

Returning to Va. Tech, the thing about them is that they are a very different and improved team now over what they were at the start of the season. Stanford won't be playing the outfit that lost to James Madison. I still think Stanford wins that game but it won't be easy.

BTW if you were LSU fan, would you guys be upset that the Capital One Bowl (highest non-BCS bowl for the SEC) picked a 3 loss Alabama team over your 2 loss and still higher ranked LSU team? I mean I know WHY the bowl execs picked Bama, but still...another trip to Jerry Jones's playground.

01/10 Oregon vs. AUBURN - Some thought I was crazy when I predicted a 52-13 AU win in Atlanta. I think Oregon is a dangerous team but hardly a true national championship contender.

Their 29th ranked defense only faced two top 25 offenses - 4 in the top 50. The composite ranking of their opponents' offenses is 67 (120, 75, 32, 16, 93, 99, 16, 76, 91, 27, 95).

Their 5th ranked offense only faced two top 25 defenses - 4 in the top 50. The composite ranking of their opponents' defenses is 75 (119, 70, 56, 24, 115, 93, 86, 85, 19, 35, 95, 29).

Our much maligned defense finished the season ranked 58th better than 7 of the teams Oregon has faced. The composite ranking of our opponents' offenses is 51 (46, 50, 87, 33, 84, 30, 11, 89, 49, 51, 31). The worst offense we faced was ULaMo at 89 which is better than five of the teams on UO's schedule.

Our second ranked offense faced two top 10 defenses - 7 in the top 50. The composite ranking of our opponents' defenses is 44 (105, 53, 22, 33, 65, 50, 36, 9, 81, 30, 7). Our composite opponent's score would be the fourth toughest defense on UO's schedule.

Auburn 66 Oregon 35.

What or what site are you using for the rankings?

If I use USAToday's "Total Defense" and "Total Offense" numbers, the rankings are a little different.

What or what site are you using for the rankings?

If I use USAToday's "Total Defense" and "Total Offense" numbers, the rankings are a little different.

ESPN for offense (total offense) and USA Today Defense (total defense). For some reason ESPN did not list total D at least not that I can find. I also noticed I didn't hit on the Stanford/Va Tech game. Another mismatch. Standford by 17. Va Tech only looked better because they started playing ACC games. What a travesty that conference was this year.

Archived