That's a wrap; Heisman belongs to Cam

RunInRed

No offence Duck but I honestly think Kellen Moore is the only other player who deserves to be invited to NYC. He is a great passer...though I haven't seen much of Luck at all this year. I'd say...

1)Cam

(gap for emphasis)

2)Moore

3)James

Luck's a better passer then Moore IMO. I see him tearing it up on Sunday's in the very near future.

And there is absolutely no possible way that LaMichael James doesn't even deserve an invite to NYC. He's got nearly 1,600 yards, 19 TD's and is averaging 6+ yards a touch. His worst game this year was 91 yards and a TD and he's broken 100 and scored in every other game this year as well as last year.

I'd agree that he deserves an invite, but I'd also say that he's not even close to Cam in terms of deserving it (you said something similar earlier).

My ballot looks like:

1. Cam Newton

2. Andrew Luck

3. LaMichael James

LaMichael is very good, but I see him as benefiting a lot from that system. Oregon always has good rushers due to the system and weaker defenses in the PAC-10. I think it is much easier to replace LaMichael than it is Cam.

A. Cox won a lot of games for us. He was a great Auburn Tiger and he did more than most people probably would have expected after his comeback.

B. I understand but I'm not a stats guy. Who cares if he didn't play in the 4th quarter!? He has minimal talent around him and he makes them look great. (I am not a Boise lover by any means but I think he is a great player...stats don't matter so much as what you see out of the player, imo)

It was so great to rub Forde's face in it after Boise lost via Twitter btw...it felt great (even if he didn't read it)...I was getting pretty sick of his "Boise bus"...I think Gene would call them "imposters" lol

No offence Duck but I honestly think Kellen Moore is the only other player who deserves to be invited to NYC. He is a great passer...though I haven't seen much of Luck at all this year. I'd say...

1)Cam

(gap for emphasis)

2)Moore

3)James

Luck's a better passer then Moore IMO. I see him tearing it up on Sunday's in the very near future.

And there is absolutely no possible way that LaMichael James doesn't even deserve an invite to NYC. He's got nearly 1,600 yards, 19 TD's and is averaging 6+ yards a touch. His worst game this year was 91 yards and a TD and he's broken 100 and scored in every other game this year as well as last year.

I'd agree that he deserves an invite, but I'd also say that he's not even close to Cam in terms of deserving it (you said something similar earlier).

Agreed. Cam's won it.

My ballot looks like:

1. Cam Newton

2. Andrew Luck

3. LaMichael James

LaMichael is very good, but I see him as benefiting a lot from that system. Oregon always has good rushers due to the system and weaker defenses in the PAC-10. I think it is much easier to replace LaMichael than it is Cam.

I'd agree with you again. LaMichael gets a lot of help from the team around him. Our O-Line is the best in the Pac-Ten and Oregon's WR's are some of the best group of blocking receivers I have ever seen play the game... they flat out lock their guys down. Barner (LaMichael's backup) gouges defenses almost just as bad when he comes in. Take LaMike away, and I still think we'd win 10 or 11.

There's certainly no doubt that Cam deserves it.

But if Cam weren't in the equation, I'm of the opinion that LaMichael James would be a gigantic frontrunner. That kid is special and he would start at any SEC school other than uat this year. It's too bad we might have to shut him down in Glendale (fingers crossed).

Archived