Tracy Wolfson

PigskinPat

When CBS asked Auburn about Cam's eligibility this weekend AU's official response was "no comment". This just on D&B.

It's on Jox to...I saw something on Tidesports about 20 mins ago about this. Someone told me it wasn't true..I just wish someone would tell the dam truth and get this over with!!

Yeah, heard this on JOX.

How is Trotter?

Great Passer!!!

Yeah, heard this on JOX.

How is Trotter?

Great Passer!!!

We'll beat UGA with or without Newton, but come on! I'm almost as big a Newton fan as I am an Auburn fan! I would hate to see this kid sit, especially when we (the public) have yet to see any concrete evidence brought against him!

Is this from Jacobs or Chizik? Or is this some Athletic Dept. PR rep? I can imagine if I'm not one of those two people, I'd make the official stance "no comment" as well, if nothing else to ensure I don't inadvertently incriminate anyone.

OR

maybe this is a Tom Brady thing, like how he's perpetually listed as "Probable" for the game each week...

Maybe they want Georgia to start preparing a back-up plan against Trotter only to start Newton anyway.

Yeah, heard this on JOX.

How is Trotter?

Great Passer!!!

We'll beat UGA with or without Newton, but come on! I'm almost as big a Newton fan as I am an Auburn fan! I would hate to see this kid sit, especially when we (the public) have yet to see any concrete evidence brought against him!

Is this from Jacobs or Chizik? Or is this some Athletic Dept. PR rep? I can imagine if I'm not one of those two people, I'd make the official stance "no comment" as well, if nothing else to ensure I don't inadvertently incriminate anyone.

OR

maybe this is a Tom Brady thing, like how he's perpetually listed as "Probable" for the game each week...

Maybe they want Georgia to start preparing a back-up plan against Trotter only to start Newton anyway.

The week before the game, maybe. But I seriously doubt that would be the strategy the day before the game.

joe schad is reporting that Jay Jacobs is saying no comment as well. :puke:

Joe Schad is a hack, i wont believe a word he says until a real journalist corroborates the same.

NCAA gag order.

I would imagine NCAA and attorneys will be gagging a lot of folks in the near future. The pot ain't big enough for all the piss that is being sprayed.

NCAA gag order.

Answering whether someone is playing tomorrow would never, ever be part of a NCAA gag order.

If Auburn didn't feel like answering the same question, they would have just said it has already been answered.

If Auburn didn't feel like answering the same question, they would have just said it has already been answered.

Perhaps they're tired of repeating themselves, and don't feel the need to dignify it any further with a response beyond "no comment..."

Perhaps it was taken out of context. Haven't we seen plenty of other things taken out of context already?

There's too many possibilities, not nearly enough certainty, and going into meltdown over it (without a clear statement giving us reason to) is pointless.

joe schad is reporting that Jay Jacobs is saying no comment as well. :puke:

Why does everyone think this is bad. This is the ultimate up yours comment. I have talked about it. I said 2 days ago he will play why would you ask me again and again and again.

No Comment, just spins them into a fury.

There is nothing worse than posting something that says...."Schad is reporting, Pondscum is reporting, ESPN is reporting......" hello people, everybody is reporting something; with no facts to go on. The media wants people to tune in and that's what is happening. At this point, any wrong doing (if there was wrong doing) has already been done. With or without Newton, Auburn plays a game tomorrow that oh, by the way, could get us to Atlanta! I'm sick of it, sick of it, sick sick sick sick sick.............this is worse than the Opra Winphrey show.

There is nothing worse than posting something that says...."Schad is reporting, Pondscum is reporting, ESPN is reporting......" hello people, everybody is reporting something; with no facts to go on. The media wants people to tune in and that's what is happening. At this point, any wrong doing (if there was wrong doing) has already been done. With or without Newton, Auburn plays a game tomorrow that oh, by the way, could get us to Atlanta! I'm sick of it, sick of it, sick sick sick sick sick.............this is worse than the Opra Winphrey show.

And guess what...I'll still be rooting for Auburn if Trotter starts! Love Cam. Love Auburn more.

OK folks, this means nothing. Just because they are saying this, doesn't mean they have changed their minds. It's most likely they have just changed their stance on how they are going to respond. What really bothers me is how these dang reporters are taking comments and changing the context completely. For example, Kenny Rogers said he could not remember what was said to the coaches when they said "Whoa, I don't want to hear that", he then said he 'assumed it was about money'. They took that as fact and ran with it. Couldn't it have been that Cecil said 'I just want to tell you guys that Auburn is still in the picture'? Even the fact that Bell says he has recordings, but doesn't say who is on them. IF in fact he does have these, and neither Cecil or Cam are on them, who cares and nothing happens to us.

NCAA gag order.

Answering whether someone is playing tomorrow would never, ever be part of a NCAA gag order.

The questions wasnt about whether or not he will start, it was about whether or not he is eligible. Related, but different questions altogether, and official responses need to be nitpicky about the questions that they are answering.

They may not put a gag order on naming starters, but they would put a gag order on discussing the eligibility of players under investigation.

Archived