A few words from our friends in the East

AU!

Does it seem to anyone else that UGA fans (excluding SLink) seem to have more negative feelings towards auburn fans than the other way around?

I know that even over the past 4 years I've been quite pleasant with the numerous UGA fans that I know having grown up in Atlanta, but it seems that every year that we're favored, I get a lot of "My ass you're going to beat us!" Even this year I have had a couple of friends who have come to me to explain why they are going to beat us this year.

Now, don't get me wrong, my friends know in their heart of hearts that they will likely lose this weekend, but it seems that losing to Auburn leaves a certain distaste in their mouths that losing to most other teams (excluding UF/UT) doesn't.

Either way, here's an article that maybe embodies my point:

DawgSports.com

Also, here's another good read from DawgSports that you all might enjoy:

Georgia Fans are crude.

I think that attitude comes from owning a team. UF fans laugh at UGA fans when the Dawgs are favored. We laughed at Bama fans when we were on the streak. When you own someone, you expect it to continue. Right now, they own us. It's up to us to stop that and put some competition back in the rivalry.

Archived