Michael Flint

RunInRed

The first commit of the 2012 class is in...

Lineman Michael Flint commits to Auburn for 2012

Charles Goldberg, Auburn Bureau

Auburn picked up a commitment from a big offensive lineman Monday.

It's for the 2012 signing class.

Michael Flint, a junior at Oxford High School, committed after visiting Auburn over the weekend.

AuburnSports.com and AuburnUndercover.com and Inside the Auburn Tigers were the first to report the commitment. Go there for quotes.

Rivals said he also had offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, LSU, Mississippi State, Florida State and UCLA, among others.

Auburn will be in need of offensive linemen in the near and distant future. The Tigers are starting four seniors this year.

Flint's second cousin is former Auburn great Terry Henley.

"My dad went in the Auburn locker room with Terry every game when he was younger, it's been all Auburn ever since then,'' Flint told AuburnSports.com.

Auburn assistants Gus Malzahn, Tommy Thigpen and Jeff Grimes recruited Flint.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/10/lineman_michael_flint_commits.html

204088.jpg

Michael Flint, OT

Oxford, AL

6-4 / 303

Offers (15+): Alabama, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and USC, among others.

247Sports 3*

Rivals

Scout 3*

Flint is a tackle in high school, but will move to the guard position at the next level. He is a physical lineman who likes to attack. He has a great initial punch and does a great job run blocking. He needs to stay in shape and improve his quickness of the ball.- Andrew Bone, Southeast Recruiting Analyst

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4796425

Per scout and rivals...

6'4 303 Junior in high school that plays tackle but may play guard in college depending on how he grows.

Part of a trio of studs at Oxford for 2012. Hope this helps us pull in all of them. This kid is a comparable early get to Oreilly and Dismukes this year on his own plus it cant hurt in the recrutiment of Kwon Alexander and Trae Elston. Kwon is already 5 star LB. May end #1 ratedd lb in the country for 2012.

Sorry RIR can you combine mine thread with this one.

No worries. Done.

This kid certainly looks the part. Any one have any more info?

War Eagle, Michael! Welcome to the family!

Off hand I would say there is little or no chance of him de-committing and signing somewhere else.

War Eagle, Michael! Welcome to the family!

Off hand I would say there is little or no chance of him de-committing and signing somewhere else.

Off hand I'd say there is little or no chance of him wearing cousin Terry's number 23 jersey either. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

My redundant thread on this guy was locked before I got the chance to comment on its redundancy.

I saw after I posted earlier articles showing he had already committed.

My question is, why is Scout just now sending out emails about him committing? Did he back out and recommit recently? Why is Scout now announcing it?

I apologize for being in the department of redundancy department.

I was wondering the same thing. I went there expecting a new commit, not one from last october.

I feel better now. AUFamily and its members were not slow.... Scout was.... :blink:

• 2 months later...

Archived