***AU vs. Kentucky Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are six games in. Can people finally admit that this is a bad defense. No better than last year. We make every QB look like a superstar. It is a shame because we do have a very good offense thanks to Cam. Schemes, personnel, depth, blame whatever you want. It will catch up to us if not tonight.

It ain't personnel either. Thorpe, Washington, and Bell have the talent to play. We're just so freaking poorly coached. I don't know what we are defensively, and I don't think our players know either. Are we a blitzing team? Are we a Cover-2 bend don't break team? What are we? You can't be a blitzing team then lay off and rush four and expect that to work. You just can't. We're poorly coached. Roof deserves some of that blame, but Chizik deserves just as much. He's a defensive coach that has to be able to set the tone for that unit, and he hasn't. Sad.

While I don't think the officiating is very good, a loss would be squarly on the defence. For whatever reason we do not have the ability to cover short passes. Whether by design or ability that is where the fault is.

Secondly, we had to go for it instead of kicking the field goal. We're not stopping them. Joker Phillips understood that so he went for it. We should've done the same.

No matter the outcome of this game I am ready for our head coach to show some outward displeasure and anger over this. Privately he needs to make sure coaches understand what that means to them.

Archived