That Je ne sais quoi.

AU!

AUBURN....You gotta' BELIEVE!. :cheer:

I sense something special about this TEAM. How special?....Time will tell.

Just as in '93 and 2004....I would go with this team anywhere and BELIEVE we had a better than average chance to win. "Gut" feeling is a good description.....for me anyway....Again, time will tell..... :au::cheer:

I'm on the same page with you. There's something special in this team. Every time there is a truly great Auburn team they have that special feeling. I think a big part of it is the team coming together and bonding to play like a unit.

The '94 LSU game was a great comeback; but also the single worse coaching job (by Curly Hallman) in the history of college football. When LSU had the ball before the 4th interception, I turned to Teresa and said; 'well, they won't be stupid enought to throw it again'....Wow, was I ever wrong...

The 1972 comeback was a case of a great team wanting it and doing anything it took to win a game. They should have been behind by 30 points in the 4th quarter against Alabama...but they had hung on and gotten themselves into a position where winning was possible...and then the coach did something unpopular but necessary (booing was heard from the stands) and kicked the field goal to cut it to 2 scores and then some athletes stepped up and did the improbable ...

Guess we could say the '94 game was the greatest comeback ever given to us, the '72 Ironbowl was the greatest comeback we earned ourselves

... I think the championships will come in a couple more years.

I'm a little worried about next year: We lose a lot of seniors and we have to hit the road in the SEC schedule like all odd-numbered years.

2012, however: This year's freshmen will be juniors, hopefully backed up by two more great recruiting classes, and we're back in Jordan-Hare for the meat of the SEC. ;)

But with no Cam.

True, but hopefully Cam's successor will get plenty of on-the-job training in 2011 to be ready to take charge in 2012. I think a championship team needs to be more multi-dimensional than just one superstar anyway.

Another concern is whether we'll still have Gus Malzahn in two years..

Another concern is whether we'll still have Gus Malzahn in two years..

Losing a coordinator that's doing a good job is never a plus, but Coach Chizik had the good judgment to hire Malzhon, if necessary he'll hire another outstanding OC.

I'm not so sure that Coach Malzhon is as likely to leave soon as some Auburn fans fear he is. I don't see him leaving here for one of the Tennessee Techs of the world and he's several years away from being offered the HC job at a place like LSU or Georgia. I suppose he could pull a Chizik or Muschamp and leave for the coordinator job at someplace like Texas, but for some reason I don't see that happening.

Archived