Did Kerry fake wounds for Purple Hearts?

DKW 86

Link

FROM DAY ONE, I DIDNY BUY THREE PH STORY! One within 24 hours!?!?!?!?

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff

For the story behind the story...

Sunday, April 4, 2004 11:37 p.m. EDT

B.G. Burkett: Navy Commanders to Cast Doubt on Kerry's War Record

Several Navy officers who supervised Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry when he commanded a swift boat in Vietnam are preparing to publicly question his war record - including the circumstances under which he was awarded three Purple Hearts - a noted Vietnam War historian revealed on Sunday.

Burkett, whose 1999 book, "Stolen Valor," is considered to be the definitive history of of falsified Vietnam War claims, told WABC Radio's Steve Malzberg that Kerry's former commanders would allege that the top Democrat's Purple Hearts were awarded for "self-reported injuries that were virtually nonexistent."

"He never got a day of treatment, he never spent a day in a medical facility," Burkett said. "These were all self-reported wounds, which you're going to hear from some swift boat guys in the future as to the nature of those wounds."

Burkett said he had personally spoken to the Navy commanders who were preparing to go public about Kerry's decorations.

"You're going to get quite a showing [of those speaking out]," Burkett told Malzberg. "I don't know [the number] yet. They're trying to get it to be unanimous of every swift boat guy who ever served."

As to the timetable for the upcoming revelations, Burkett said that Kerry's superior officers "were still discussing that."

"You've got some major rallys being planned against John Kerry by Vietnam veterans on the mall, at the convention - this type of thing," he said. "And we're going to make America aware of John Kerry's military record."

I have questioned the validity of his three Purple Hearts from for awhile. Three in four months is really astounding. Getting two withing 24 hours is really the thing that brings up a big question. I have never heard of a situaion when you a soldier was put back in the field after sustaining and injury bad enough that qualified for a PH. I was in the military alot longer then he was and probably involved in alot more firefights and I never got three purple hearts during that time. I did get one however. :lol:<_< I really am not big on showing off my medals to begin with, but when somebodt asks about them or wants to see them, my PH is not the first one I pull out. I think of mine as my own personal "oops, I screwed up medal".

I have questioned the validity of his three Purple Hearts from for awhile. Three in four months is really astounding. Getting two withing 24 hours is really the thing that brings up a big question. I have never heard of a situaion when you a soldier was put back in the field after sustaining and injury bad enough that qualified for a PH. I was in the military alot longer then he was and probably involved in alot more firefights and I never got three purple hearts during that time. I did get one however. :lol:<_< I really am not big on showing off my medals to begin with, but when some to ask about them or want to see them, my PH is not the first one I pull out. I think of mine as my own personal "oops, I screwed up medal".

Thank you for your service!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate to see all this get started, because it'll be pitched as a 'bush attack'.

yet, kerry definiely has 'made his bed' when it comes to all-things-military.

ct

I have questioned the validity of his three Purple Hearts from for awhile. Three in four months is really astounding. Getting two withing 24 hours is really the thing that brings up a big question. I have never heard of a situaion when you a soldier was put back in the field after sustaining and injury bad enough that qualified for a PH. I was in the military alot longer then he was and probably involved in alot more firefights and I never got three purple hearts during that time. I did get one however.  :lol:<_< I really am not big on showing off my medals to begin with, but when some to ask about them or want to see them, my PH is not the first one I pull out. I think of mine as my own personal "oops, I screwed up medal".

It was an honor. Thank you for supporting our soldiers. Kerry brings shame to the many that did serve and sacrificed alot more then he or I ever did. They guy actually makes most veterans sick to their stomachs. To me his 3 PHs in four months really needs to be investigated, because he has brought dishonor to the service if they were received in the way I suspected. I can't believe that nobody has ever looked into that before. Oh, I forgot, he will not allow them too for some reason. If I was ever to run for an office, my military record would be an open book as far as I was concerned, except, of course, anything the military still deems sensitive enought to remain classified. A couple of my medals are classified as in what I did to get them and sometimes that is the case with Purple Hearts. However, I have doubts that Kerry has that excuse.

I have questioned the validity of his three Purple Hearts from for awhile. Three in four months is really astounding. Getting two withing 24 hours is really the thing that brings up a big question. I have never heard of a situaion when you a soldier was put back in the field after sustaining and injury bad enough that qualified for a PH. I was in the military alot longer then he was and probably involved in alot more firefights and I never got three purple hearts during that time. I did get one however.  :lol:<_< I really am not big on showing off my medals to begin with, but when some to ask about them or want to see them, my PH is not the first one I pull out. I think of mine as my own personal "oops, I screwed up medal".

Ditto.

I was a submariner, and limited Surface duty. PHs just werent hanging around in my billets. If a submariner got a purple heart it was likely posthumously.... :no:

A month or so ago in a thread with TigerAl, I asked the question "who made application for John Kerry's medals?" "Who approved those medals?" I also asked TigerINSpain if officers received medals easier than enlisted men. Needless to say, if this article is true, my questions may be answered. I hope so.

Ditto.

I was a submariner, and limited Surface duty. PHs just werent hanging around in my billets. If a submariner got a purple heart it was likely posthumously.... :no:

Spam in can? How in the world could you stay out of the sunlight for any length of time? I always thought of submariners kinda like the big snipers of the sea. When its done right its devastating, but when you get caught, its awful.

Thanks to all who have served honorably. Even TA.

Ditto.

Spam in can? How in the world could you stay out of the sunlight for any length of time? I always thought of submariners kinda like the big snipers of the sea. When its done right its devastating, but when you get caught, its awful.

Thanks to all who have served honorably. Even TA.

Pretty basically it. :yes:

A month or so ago in a thread with TigerAl...

That name sounds familiar, where have I heard it before?

This is a GREAT thread. I sat here and read every part of it. Thanks to all of you that have served!!!!

A month or so ago in a thread with TigerAl, I asked the question "who made application for John Kerry's medals?" "Who approved those medals?" I also asked TigerINSpain if officers received medals easier than enlisted men. Needless to say, if this article is true, my questions may be answered. I hope so.

I remember that. TIS and I both responded to that. An officer with some pull can get another officer to recommend a medal. It is alot easier for an officer then it is for enlisted personnel. I, as TIS said he has also, have been in a few formations when some bogus award was awarded to an officer that we know did not meet the critieria for that award. Sad to say it does happen, but it does. That is why when I see an officer that has a bunch of medals, but their service or combat time had been very limited, I am immediatly skeptical. I hardly question the same for enlisted personnel. Know with that said, that does not mean that all officers are like that. You can usually tell alot by when and officer has his "Class A's" on. Then you can look at their service stripes on their sleeve to see how long they have been in and look to see if the have a combat badge. Also look at their unit they were in and see if they have a unit crest on their right shoulder and who they were in combat with. If you know you combat history well, which must infantry soldiers do, you can tell if the awards are earned or bs.

BIG HUGE THANKS TO THOSE THAT SERVED!

I am thankful and jealous. I couldn't get in for a couple of medical reasons and possibly flat feet. I think about it quite often. I am too old and out of shape now to really serve but I can't say I wouldn't go if they asked me today.

God Bless our current and former Men and Women in uniform!

...  I, as TIS said he has also, have been in a few formations when some bogus award was awarded to an officer that we know did not meet the critieria for that award. Sad to say it does happen, but it does. That is why when I see an officer that has a bunch of medals, but their service or combat time had been very limited, I am immediatly skeptical. ...

Back when Gen Clark was still in the running, I received this e-mail from my younger brother who just recently retired from the Army as a Major. He had entitled it "Things that make you go hmmmm.... :

Look at this from Clark's own website:

July 1962 - June 1966 Cadet at United States Military

Academy (West Point)

Aug. 1966 - Aug. 1968 Rhodes Scholar at Magdalen

College, Oxford University

Aug. 1968 - Oct. 1968 Armor Officer Basic Course,

United States Army Armor School, Fort Knox , Kentucky

Oct. 1968 - Dec. 1968 Ranger Course, United States

Army Infantry School, Fort Benning, Georgia

Dec. 1968 - May 1969 Company Commander, A Company, 4th

Battalion, 68th

Armor, 82d Airborne Division, Fort Riley, Kansas

May 1969 - Jan.1970 Assistant G-3, HHC, 1st Infantry

Division, Vietnam

Jan. 1970 - Feb. 1970 Commanding Officer, A Company,

1st Battalion, 16th

Infantry, 1st Infantry Division, Vietnam

Summary of Post-Vietnam Assignments

May 1970 - Sept. 1970 Commander, C Company, 6th

Battalion, 32d Armor,

194th Armored Brigade, Fort Knox, Kentucky

In other words, Clark became a Company commander of an

Armor company for six months after never serving with

troops before in his career. Not all that unusual

considering he spent two years of his LT time at

Oxford, but neither is it a lot of time to 'bond' with

your men, and commands are usually for at least a

year.

Then he's assigned as an 'assistant G-3' in a division

for his tour in Vietnam. Again, not that unusual

(someone's got to be assigned there), but leaving a

command in the middle raises a couple of questions.

Then comes the kicker. After serving for eight months

in division HQs, he's suddenly whisked into an

Infantry company command with only four months left

"in-country" of his one-year tour. In that SINGLE

MONTH, he's awarded a Silver Star for valor, purple

heart, and Combat Infantryman's Badge while serving as

an "acting platoon leader" based on what looks like a

single engagement with the enemy.

He then serves an additional three months (??!!) as an

Armor Company Commander at Knox before attending the

Armor advanced course and then never seeing troops

again until his time as a Battalion commander.

Something doesn't add up here. Three separate

commands, all adding up to less than a year of

'Command Time', with none greater than six months?

And that comprises his entire experience with "troop

leadership" prior to his taking Battalion command?

Not sure how to call this one, but

'ticket-punching-ring-knocker' kinda springs to mind.

Then comes GEN Hugh Shelton's comment (two combat

tours in Vietnam, one with Special Forces, three

purple hearts, CIB, but curiously "only" a Bronze Star

with "V"):

"I've known Wes for a long time. I will tell you the

reason he came out of Europe early had to do with

integrity and character issues, things that are very

near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say

whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say

Wes won't get my vote."

Hmmmmmmmm.<g>

...  I, as TIS said he has also, have been in a few formations when some bogus award was awarded to an officer that we know did not meet the critieria for that award. Sad to say it does happen, but it does. That is why when I see an officer that has a bunch of medals, but their service or combat time had been very limited, I am immediatly skeptical. ...

Back when Gen Clark was still in the running, I received this e-mail from my younger brother who just recently retired from the Army as a Major. He had entitled it "Things that make you go hmmmm.... :

Look at this from Clark's own website:

July 1962 - June 1966 Cadet at United States Military

Academy (West Point)

Aug. 1966 - Aug. 1968 Rhodes Scholar at Magdalen

College, Oxford University

Aug. 1968 - Oct. 1968 Armor Officer Basic Course,

United States Army Armor School, Fort Knox , Kentucky

Oct. 1968 - Dec. 1968 Ranger Course, United States

Army Infantry School, Fort Benning, Georgia

Dec. 1968 - May 1969 Company Commander, A Company, 4th

Battalion, 68th

Armor, 82d Airborne Division, Fort Riley, Kansas

May 1969 - Jan.1970 Assistant G-3, HHC, 1st Infantry

Division, Vietnam

Jan. 1970 - Feb. 1970 Commanding Officer, A Company,

1st Battalion, 16th

Infantry, 1st Infantry Division, Vietnam

Summary of Post-Vietnam Assignments

May 1970 - Sept. 1970 Commander, C Company, 6th

Battalion, 32d Armor,

194th Armored Brigade, Fort Knox, Kentucky

In other words, Clark became a Company commander of an

Armor company for six months after never serving with

troops before in his career. Not all that unusual

considering he spent two years of his LT time at

Oxford, but neither is it a lot of time to 'bond' with

your men, and commands are usually for at least a

year.

Then he's assigned as an 'assistant G-3' in a division

for his tour in Vietnam. Again, not that unusual

(someone's got to be assigned there), but leaving a

command in the middle raises a couple of questions.

Then comes the kicker. After serving for eight months

in division HQs, he's suddenly whisked into an

Infantry company command with only four months left

"in-country" of his one-year tour. In that SINGLE

MONTH, he's awarded a Silver Star for valor, purple

heart, and Combat Infantryman's Badge while serving as

an "acting platoon leader" based on what looks like a

single engagement with the enemy.

He then serves an additional three months (??!!) as an

Armor Company Commander at Knox before attending the

Armor advanced course and then never seeing troops

again until his time as a Battalion commander.

Something doesn't add up here. Three separate

commands, all adding up to less than a year of

'Command Time', with none greater than six months?

And that comprises his entire experience with "troop

leadership" prior to his taking Battalion command?

Not sure how to call this one, but

'ticket-punching-ring-knocker' kinda springs to mind.

Then comes GEN Hugh Shelton's comment (two combat

tours in Vietnam, one with Special Forces, three

purple hearts, CIB, but curiously "only" a Bronze Star

with "V"):

"I've known Wes for a long time. I will tell you the

reason he came out of Europe early had to do with

integrity and character issues, things that are very

near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say

whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say

Wes won't get my vote."

Hmmmmmmmm.<g>

..then there are those that seem to have all their stuff together, but looks can be deceiving. :lol:

from what i hear Gen. Wes Clark was actually a really good commander from some people that served with him in bosnia..only word of mouth though

There will be those who worked for and served under Clark that both like and dislike him. That is normal not just in the military, but in all walks of life. What is obvious is that Clark was on the fast track in the military. There had to be reasons for that and he probably had to have mentors who both pushed and pulled strings to help further his advancement. I am not saying that is wrong now am I implying some sort of conspiracy, merely that he had help. There are many great officers in all branches of the service, but not many receive the plumb assignments that Clark received.

Archived