Incredible Job Growth

sutiger1

i got your dem reply right here:

"this is horrible...absolutely terrible. what w/ all this growth, we're sure to incur hyper-inflation. bush is growing the economy TOO FAST AND TOO MUCH! clinton never grew it this fast, and we therefore didn't have the threat of hyper-inflation. bush knew, and bush lied, therefore, i'm going to vote for kerry. he's gonna add 10 million jobs, you know".

ct

The current recovery is largely based on the Fed's reckless monetary during the past years as well as the recent tax cuts. Its nothing more than a mini-bubble intended to cover the fall-out from the investment bubble of the late 90's, the WTC attacks, and the accounting scandals.

Real economic growth, grounding in long-term savings and investment, is still stagnant. Moreover, the huge US trade and budget deficits will continue to seriously jeopardize whatever growth may actually occur.

Here's a link to more information:

Fed's Folly

The current recovery is largely based on the Fed's reckless monetary during the past years as well as the recent tax cuts. Its nothing more than a mini-bubble intended to cover the fall-out from the investment bubble of the late 90's, the WTC attacks, and the accounting scandals.

Real economic growth, grounding in long-term savings and investment, is still stagnant. Moreover, the huge US trade and budget deficits will continue to seriously jeopardize whatever growth may actually occur.

Here's a link to more information:

Fed's Folly

uh..hmmm. I must disagree and call bs.

Those people who support the Fed's moves are typically politicians, bankers, investment analysts, shortsighted business leaders, and talking heads on both the Left and Right; generally anyone who stands to benefit in the short-term from a flood of easy credit.

Here's another link, although the article is a bit complex:

Running On Empty

Those people who support the Fed's moves are typically politicians, bankers, investment analysts, shortsighted business leaders, and talking heads on both the Left and Right; generally anyone who stands to benefit in the short-term from a flood of easy credit.

Here's another link, although the article is a bit complex:

Running On Empty

So I guess all of the homeowners in america (those meaning..an all time HIGH) should be mad at the fed too?

A few you should add to that list of those who support the fed:

Architects

Contractors

Home Builders

Realtors

Those CRAAAAZY people who buy houses

Car Owners

Anyone who is currently paying a student loan

....and last but not least, people who like money

Wow, I just noticed that the FIRST article you linked is 4 months old. Forgive me if I don't read too much into what he said being that we just had the largest job growth quater since the recession...when is all of this gloom and doom supposed to kick in?

He's only got 8 months left.

Don't leave out the little people either, how about:

Dump truck drivers

Concrete truck drivers

Concrete finishers

Carpenters

Roofers

Carpet people

Painters

Plumbers

Electricians

Brick Masons

Landscape contractors

How about the thousands of people who work for building supply companies.

Crap how about the loggers who cut the trees.

Please excuse me if I leave anyone out, but the list is too large to list here.

But it all boils down to one thing. They hate Bush! After that they have absolutely nothing to offer.

Don't leave out the little people either, how about:

Dump truck drivers

Concrete truck drivers

Concrete finishers

Carpenters

Roofers

Carpet people

Painters

Plumbers

Electricians

Brick Masons

Landscape contractors

How about the thousands of people who work for building supply companies.

Crap how about the loggers who cut the trees.

Please excuse me if I leave anyone out, but the list is too large to list here.

But it all boils down to one thing.  They hate Bush!  After that they have absolutely nothing to offer.

...and everyone they buy stuff from.

I will say this, the work of the Von Mises Inst. is fundamentally sound work and longrun they are probably right. However academics are not living in the real world and the real world must go on.

I would also say that the overall picture should include a 12.5% savings rate for SS but SS will collapse after 2018 anyway, so should we count it?

We do need to save more of our income, we also need to use far less credit, no doubt about it. I teach/facilitate Dave Ramsey's FPU and I live this stuff all the time.

Just another example of, "If it is good for the American people, it is bad for the Demoncratic Partie and must really be bad". We unenlightened conservatives just haven't realzed that good is bad!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Archived