AU vs. Bama - SEC Tournament Game 1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strikeout to end the inning... NOW, TIGERS its time to plate some runs. Let's Go TIGERS!!

Bottom of 8th

- Gamache infield groundout - 1 down

- Hargett outfield single

- Hargett to second on a sacrifice - 2 down

- Mummey lines out

Heading to the 9th

what the hell are we doing dropping down a sac. bunt in the 8th inning down by 3 runs? That's so incredibly stupid. then a line out to end the inning. Good Grief.

Dang, Mummey tags one and the 1st baseman spears it. Headed to the 9th, still down 4-1.

what the hell are we doing dropping down a sac. bunt in the 8th inning down by 3 runs? That's so incredibly stupid. then a line out to end the inning. Good Grief.

Actually, Rod said he was trying to bunt his way on but directed it too close to the pitcher. It needed to be down the line since the infield was playing back.

Top of the 9th

- Outfield fly - one down

- Bama gets a single

- Stolen base - runner advances to second

- Ray gives up a walk - runners on first and second

- Ray is done. Blatt comes in.

- Fly out - two down

We can not catch a break....I guess we are due a let down....

Auburn is a power hitting team. You win tourney's (especially big-park tourneys) through solid pitching. I fully expected a let down in Hoover based on our team's pattern of play. That said, I was hopeful for a big game by the pitchers and maybe a few small ball runs.

well, thanks to several walks, and a hit batter...we are now down SIX.... bottom of the 9th... 7-1 cesspool.

Come on Tigers...

And AU heads to the bottom of the 9th, trailing 1-7.

- Fletcher grounds out - 1 down

- Morris fouls out - 2 down

And that's your ball game. AU plays again tomorrow at 9:30 AM I believe.

Fletcher thought he got hit by the pitch but the ump ruled it hit the bat handle and he was thrown out at first. It is just not our day.

well, we dropped to the losers bracket and play tomorrow morning at 9:30 vs. the loser of Ole Miss/South Carolina. damn it.

Thanks to all the guests who joined us for the in-game discussion. Why not hang around and stay awhile? You can Register Here - it's fast, simple and completely free. War Eagle!

I think we gotta win to ensure hosting a regional now. Damn. I would have bet heavy AU would have won this game.

well, we dropped to the losers bracket and play tomorrow morning at 9:30 vs. the loser of Ole Miss/South Carolina. damn it.

Unpleasant but not entirely unexpected. With our pitching and infield defense being what they are, we pretty much need to score 5+ runs to win a game and 10+ is better.

We are going to have a problem in any game where their pitching and D can hold us to a low scoring game.

I would never bet on baseball....esp. college baseball.

If history proves positive, we are right where we needed to be. Auburn has played great baseball this season after losing the first game of SEC series. Hope we can continue that trend.

6 straight wins for Bama :cheer:

In the SEC Tourney? I guess the loses in between don't count, which would be par for the course as Bammers can't count anyway. :)

Archived