Vote for the 2010 Football intro song

RunInRed

I love the Skillet song "Hero", but also submitted

by TobyMac!!

Just to throw another song out there but how about "Dream On" by Aerosmith? I think it'd be cool but probably too slow to pump the crowd up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txlXcJDtDwM

Some interesting choices for sure. I like the 30 Seconds to Mars and the Sick Puppies Street Fighter one. I also think this might be the year that a hip/hop or rap song takes the cake.

That being said, my suggestions:

Sick intro, I think Evan Longoria of the Rays uses this as his "at bat song"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0bhJP0fVc

Hero by Skillet was my pick but I also think Tiger Walk would work.

I hope they go by more than an Internet vote, no telling who is actually voting and there's some pretty bad stuff on that list.

I think this might be the version of Tiger Walk that would be used...the intro is pretty cool, unique to CGC

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Qf6Y2_dFhrs

That version is great but after listening to it again I doubt they would use a song that speaks negatively about another team. I agree with everything in the song I just don't see the people in charge letting it through.

eye of the tiger playing during the great Auburn plays of all time with mostly Jim Fyffe and some Rod Bramlett with the calls. There can't be a better video than that. Eye of the tiger is the only song that should ever be used for an Auburn Football entrance.

Whatever we do, we need to get away from Saliva or any new rock song for that matter.

Couldn't have been said any better. I could see all of these choices (30 seconds to mars, POD,skillet??? etc.) being great for an arena league game or something cheesy like that. The only song I'd even consider other than eye of the tiger is Cochise by Audioslave. Tigerwalk might be #3.

What was the intro song in 2004? Eye of the Tiger. Never understood how or why we got away from that.

What was the intro song in 2004? Eye of the Tiger. Never understood how or why we got away from that.

This was the 2004 intro song/video and IMO is what we should have stayed with.

I'm pretty sure that was the video pre kickoff, not the intro video. Here's the team entering in 2004 and if you listen real close you can hear eye of the tiger playing in the backround. You gotta listen really close..

"Invincible" - Adelita's Way, Would be great for a night game

I'm feeling invincible tonight

I'm alive

Take a look into my eyes

This time I'ma take you for a ride

I'm invincible tonight

I'm feeling invincible tonight

I'm alive

Take a look into my eyes

This time I'ma take you for a ride

I'm invincible tonight

I'll break you a hundred different ways

And I'll make you remember my face

Thought that I would let you leave

It's hard to stop what you can't see

I'm pretty sure that was the video pre kickoff, not the intro video. Here's the team entering in 2004 and if you listen real close you can hear eye of the tiger playing in the backround. You gotta listen really close..

Thinking back some more I do believe you are correct.

The songs have been narrowed down to 8 as round 2 begins. Three fan suggestions also made the cut...

All I do is Win - DJ Kahled

Vox Populi --- 30 Seconds to Mars

Tiger Walk --- Travis Williams

Welcome to the Show --- Saliva

Showstopper --- Toby Mac

Boom --- P.O.D.

Welcome Home --- Coheed and Cambria

Thunderstruck --- AC/DC

Fan suggestion (write-in)

What is your out of this bunch? You can vote here.

I'd go with Showstopper by TobyMac out that group. I still think Ignition by Toby would be the best!!!

I was one of those who suggested "Boom", so obviously I reupped my vote for that. Neither of the rap songs are doing it for me.

I was one of those who suggested "Boom", so obviously I reupped my vote for that. Neither of the rap songs are doing it for me.

How many times did you write that in? ;)

While none of the songs listed are all that great, I think both the 30 seconds to mars and DJ Khalid songs are the best possible choices for getting the crowd and especially the students pumped up.

AC/DC is great but overrated for an "intro" video. And I certainly wouldn't use Thunderstruck for the intro. For those about to Rock - maybe.

I agree that Eye of the Tiger is probably the best. Nothing ever got me as excited as that did during the 04 and 05 seasons. I did not, however, think that the POD song worked in 06. It just didn't do anything for me, and they spliced it with shots of the seniors doing the Under Armor slogans and it was a bit cheesy to me.

I like Ignition, but that Toby Mac song they selected sounded atrocious. Coheed and Cambria is fun to play on Rock Band but its not an intro. I liked Welcome to the Show from 07 and 08 better than Family Reunion.

I might be the only Auburn fan out there that doesn't like Tiger Walk and I'm sorry but, I can't stand that song. I love T-Will and his enthusiasm, and its even fun to hear every now and then but, yuck, its not an intro type song. The only reason I like "All I Do is Win" is the fact that its well known to us youngins and the whole raise your arms in the air thing. Someone commented on another board that it would be awesome to see 80,000 Auburn fans raising their arms in the air at the same time during the playing of the song.

The 30STM song is cool because of the lyrics and the beat at the beginning of it. The only thing I don't like about it is the children singing at parts. I think a well edited video using bits of that song could be pretty good.

JMO

Ryan

I think the problem is, you won't get 80,000 people raising their hands to that song because 75% of the crowd is older white folks that can't stand rap and won't get it.

Archived