Imus Rips 'Lying' Stahl

NY Post

Excerpt:

DON Imus called CBS's Lesley Stahl a "gutless, lying weasel" yesterday for abruptly canceling an interview during which Imus planned to hammer her about conflict-of-interest allegations.

"I realize it's a little late in your life, honey, to start gettin' honest, but just say 'I don't want to appear on the program . . . because I heard what he said earlier this morning,' " Imus railed.

Imus had promised listeners he'd ask Stahl why she and "60 Minutes" didn't disclose that the new book by Sunday night's controversial guest - former terrorism official Richard Clarke - was released by Simon & Schuster.

Both the publisher and CBS - as well as Imus's station, WFAN - are owned by media giant Viacom.

"60 Minutes" executive producer Don Hewitt said the program should have disclosed the corporate connection but that leaving it out was merely an "oversight."

Imus yesterday accused Stahl of being "one of the more dishonest members of the media" for allegedly going too easy on Clarke, who's been characterized as a disgruntled former employee by Bush administration officials.

"She did everything but slip her tongue in his ear," said sidekick Bernard McGuirk.

No wonder Fox [News Channel] is killing people - because people hate these people," said Imus.

"She did everything but slip her tongue in his ear," said sidekick Bernard McGuirk.

That was hilarious!

Archived