Happy for Ingram

BamaGrad03

Gerhart actually faced more top 30 rushing defenses this year (4) than Ingram did (1). He played in one less game yet still had over 200 more yds rushing. And I think it does matter what kind of weapons you have around you. If you're the one guy a defense has to worry about, it means they can key on you and not worry about the others. If you still get your yards, to me that's more impressive than someone who's on a team with multiple offensive weapons that the defense has to account for.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But Caddy would leave Ingram in his footsteps

I don't think, at this point, you can say he would "leave ingram in his footsteps" and argue that he was a superior RB.

Sure I can, I already did.

P.S.----put the number of carries with your stats.

I don't think, at this point, you can say he would "leave ingram in his footsteps" and argue that he was a superior RB.

Sure I can, I already did.

P.S.----put the number of carries with your stats.

Why? I put the YPC up there.

Ingram's had a great year but he didn't deserve the Heisman. Gerhart had the better stats and was the reason why Stanford's even going to a bowl game.

Just for historical comparison:

1985 Bo Jackson: 1786 yards, 17 TD's - Bo won the Heisman

2009 Toby Gerhart: 1736 yards 26 TD's - Toby finished 2nd for the Heisman

I even pointed out yesterday that Ingram was more than likely going to win because it makes for a good story. Alabama's never had a Heisman winner, Ingram's father, and he plays for an undefeated team who's playing for the NC.

Congrats to Ingram, but he didn't deserve the Heisman over Gerhart.

Ingram's had a great year but he didn't deserve the Heisman. Gerhart had the better stats and was the reason why Stanford's even going to a bowl game.

I even pointed out yesterday that Ingram was more than likely going to win because it makes for a good story. Alabama's never had a Heisman winner, Ingram's father, and he plays for an undefeated team who's playing for the NC.

QFT

The stats just don't agree.

Ingram had more yards and TDs THIS season than Carnell had in his first two years COMBINED. Carnell was a career 5.2 YPC guy. Ingram had to play BEHIND a guy who's in the NFL now.

Carnell through 2 seasons:

1359 Yards and 16 rushing TDs (I can't find receiving stats for Carnell)

Ingram through 2 seasons:

2270 yards Rushing, 376 Receiving Yards, 30 Total TDs

I loved Caddy. Still do. But I don't think, at this point, you can say he would "leave ingram in his footsteps" and argue that he was a superior RB.

You fail to note Caddy ripped bama's butt his senior year whereas Ingram got all of 30 yards against Auburn this year.

Ingram had more yards and TDs THIS season than Carnell had in his first two years COMBINED. Carnell was a career 5.2 YPC guy. Ingram had to play BEHIND a guy who's in the NFL now.

I loved Caddy. Still do. But I don't think, at this point, you can say he would "leave ingram in his footsteps" and argue that he was a superior RB.

You fail to note Caddy ripped bama's butt his senior year whereas Ingram got all of 30 yards against Auburn this year.

So it's only how players do in the Iron Bowl that matters?

If that's the case, we should probably give the Heisman to Freddie Kitchens or Tre Smith.

I love how you guys keep pointing out ONE game in 13 where y'all stacked the box with 8-9 guys and ended up losing at the hands of our Quarterback. You act like the Florida, South Carolina, LSU, Va Tech, etc games never happened.

I also like that you compared Caddy as a senior to Ingram as a first year starter. Nice.

The Heisman winner don't always have the best stats. Go back and do a little research and you might be surprised. The Heisman Trophy is overrated to me but I don't want to take anything away from Ingram or anyone else that has won it. He was just as deserving as anyone else was. Yes, we all have an opinion and at least we can agree to disagree.

The Heisman winner don't always have the best stats. Go back and do a little research and you might be surprised. The Heisman Trophy is overrated to me but I don't want to take anything away from Ingram or anyone else that has won it. He was just as deserving as anyone else was. Yes, we all have an opinion and at least we can agree to disagree.

Not to mention the fact that Bo played in the SEC while Toby played in the PAC10...with an extra game.

Not to mention the fact that Bo played in the SEC while Toby played in the PAC10...with an extra game.

Yeah, but Titan already said that he played against 4 top 30 rushing defenses(all in the PAC 10). We all know that the SEC is the best conference even though the defenses weren't all that great except for Florida and Alabama.

Ingram got his yards in 13 games, Gerhart got his yards in 12 games. I know what ya mean BG, Gerhart didn't get to play against Chattanooga, North Texas, or Fla-Int either..... :poke:

True, but Toby this year played one less game than Ingram and went against more highly ranked defenses than Ingram did. And Toby also doesn't have as good a supporting cast to take some of the heat off him either.

I guess you guys are going to taint MI heisman trophy as much as possible. Toby Gerhart got ripped off. I guess you can make an argument for Bo's heisman being tainted also. In the same year Lorenzo White of Michigan St had 2066 yds to Bo's 1786. Just saying............

I guess you guys are going to taint MI heisman trophy as much as possible. Toby Gerhart got ripped off. I guess you can make an argument for Bo's heisman being tainted also. In the same year Lorenzo White of Michigan St had 2066 yds to Bo's 1786. Just saying............

Yeah, that guy finished 4th that year, so not even close.

Only an absolute idiot would think Ingram is even in the same realm of talent as Carnell. Whatever RB was starting for Bama this season was going to win. Saban picked Ingram so he won it. He is good, but would not have started over any of our starting running backs this millennium: Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, Brandon Jacobs, Kenny Irons, Ben Tate. But I would have started him over Tre Smith, maybe.

Only an absolute idiot would think Ingram is even in the same realm of talent as Carnell. Whatever RB was starting for Bama this season was going to win. Saban picked Ingram so he won it. He is good, but would not have started over any of our starting running backs this millennium: Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, Brandon Jacobs, Kenny Irons, Ben Tate. But I would have started him over Tre Smith, maybe.

Quite interesting that you just asserted that it's questionable as to whether or not a guy who just won the Heisman is actually better than Tre Smith.

And you're calling other people idiots.

That made my day.

He is good, but would not have started over any of our starting running backs this millennium: Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, Brandon Jacobs, Kenny Irons, Ben Tate. But I would have started him over Tre Smith, maybe.

You forgot about Rudi Johnson..... :big:

I also find it ironic that Alabama's 1st ever Heisman winner is not even from the south..... :lol:

Congrats to uat. They now have half as many as AU. Just a question....or two...

Will ANYONE ever speak of him in the same sentence as Bo and Hershel?

Does a player that pulls himself out of a game vs his biggest rival REALLY deserve to be honored?

(Hip pointers do not heal in a week)....just sayin'....Go ahead bg....explain THAT.... :lol::lol::lol:

you bammers seem to think it's all about who has the most yards. So why not give this years award to the RB who had the most yards. Just so you know, White didn't even finish 2nd that year.

Quite interesting that you just asserted that it's questionable as to whether or not a guy who just won the Heisman is actually better than Tre Smith.

And you're calling other people idiots.

That made my day.

Trey kicked bama's butt in an cold IB in boogertown a few years back. That's more than Ingram can claim from his IB performance. So, if it makes your day, let me be the second to say you are an idiot. :moon:

Need further proof? Only an idiot would come to his big rivals' board first thing to ballyhoo his guy getting a big award and not expect the kind of reception you are getting. If you were smart, you would just cool it.

If you were smart, you would just cool it.

Thanks Dad.

Trey kicked bama's butt in an cold IB in boogertown a few years back

Why didn't he get the Heisman for it?

Only an idiot would come to his big rivals' board first thing to ballyhoo his guy getting a big award and not expect the kind of reception you are getting.

I don't expect AU fans to buy Mark Ingram tshirts.

But I certainly didn't expect them to suspend logic and say that Tre Smith is possibly better than our Heisman winner either.

Thanks Dad.

Only an idiot would come to his big rivals' board first thing to ballyhoo his guy getting a big award and not expect the kind of reception you are getting.

But I certainly didn't expect them to suspend logic and say that Tre Smith is possibly better than our Heisman winner either.

Thanks Dad.

Thanks Dad.

Having reading comprehension problems again sonny? Who said Smith should have even been a Heisman candidate. All I said was he kicked your butt in an IB.

Having reading comprehension problems again sonny? Who said Smith should have even been a Heisman candidate. All I said was he kicked your butt in an IB.

And that has relevance in a Heisman thread because....?

And that has relevance in a Heisman thread because....?

Nice sidestep. But to answer your question with a question..........if it had no revelance (which I agree by the way), why did you bother to respond to it in the first place?

I didn't want to wade through all the bickering on the first 4 pages. So pardon me for not reading them. Just wanted to add a little perspective...

Here's how Mark stacks up to the last two heisman winning SEC running backs:

Mark Ingram

2009- 1,864 yards from scrimmage (1,542 rush, 322 rec.) 6.2 YPCarry***

Hershel Walker

1980- 1,686 yards from scrimmage (1,616 rush, 70 rec.) 5.8 YPCarry

1981- 1,975 yards from scrimmage (1,891 rush, 84 rec.) 4.9 YPCarry

1982- 1,841 yards from scrimmage (1,752 rush, 89 rec.) 5.2 YPCarry***

Bo Jackson

1985- 1,859 yards from scrimmage (1,786 rush, 73 rec.) 6.4 YPCarry***

*** Heisman Year

Ingram is in good company, imo. :ua:

Archived