UAT post game thread

Ranger12

Tonight, I'll take a moral victory. That was absolutely heroic. UAT - exposed, Ingram - shut down. And never would I have thought AU would have even a slim chance to pull off the win at the end. Now, I'm off to work on my gator chomp...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama won but they didn't beat us. We beat us. The refs beat us a little, too, but mostly we beat us. Bama was out coached (most of the game anyway) and out played. Florida will likely spank them.

Ben Tate proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is the best runningback in the state of Alabama.

YOU ARE A JOKE. Blaming the refs? The refs HELPED US! Did you see how many times McElroy hit that umpire? The officiating was perfect and I complain a lot. There was not one bad call.

And I think Richardson would have something to say about that RB stuff...

Calm down, PC, take off your hound's tooth hat, set down your box of Tide and roll of Charmin and go brush your tooth or something. This is a forum for Auburn fans.

To PC from the game thread.

That's a little too harsh. The D plyed awesome today. The offense was hit or miss, like usual. Most of it play calling, but CGM is young to SEC play calling. And, if a couple of easy plays were made (and not made), like the two wide open passes to Trott in the second quarter, momentum may have been different and we may have had one more TD. I think it was a good game versus your mighty Bama. They average 9.9 points per game, and we more than doubled that. Please, get your head out of your a$ this time.

Our D was awesome outside of the one, two, three, four... five scoring drives. We give them a long field at the end of the game at our stadium and they march down and score like it's nothing. They didn't even sweat.

I would agree that the D was better in this game than any other game, but they still didn't do enough. No moral victories from me. No "way to fight hard" from me. You want credit? Win. It's simple. I don't care if we were underdogs or not. Upsets happen. Apparently Auburn isn't good enough to be a part of that this year.

You can't see the trees because of the forrest you are in. You think you are always right. Before the game, almost everyone said our only chance to win is to hold them to 24 (we held them to 26) and score more points. Thats a simple game plan, just barely not attained. How can you possibly not say overall it was a good game? Were you secretly hoping for another 36-0 shilacking and are ticked it didn't happen.

If you put money on Auburn, you hve more than you did yesterday!

Tonight, I'll take a moral victory. That was absolutely heroic. UAT - exposed, Ingram - shut down. And never would I have thought AU would have even a slim chance to pull off the win at the end. Now, I'm off to work on my gator chomp...

Got a call from a Gator friend during the game, he was pulling for us. I just called him back to let him know that I'll be gator chomping. I hope Florida pounds them in the ground and if not, then hook 'em horns.

I actually looked for blocks in the back during the Arenas PR during the replay and didn't see any. You guys are just poor losers if you blame the refs. Maybe Bama was the better team? Why can't you guys just admit it? If we had won the game, you'd expect the same from Auburn fans.

And BTW, I was sarcastic with the umpire comment. But I can't help argue with an idiot about the ref issue. If you think the refs lost us the game, you are a loser. The fact that we let them score and didn't have good time management at the end were certainly of no reason. You guys are just pathetic.

Considering this is virtually the same team that was very un-Auburn-like in Iron Bowl '08, my takeaway is that we have a good coach in place. There are no moral victories in this game but we are still Auburn and win or lose that makes us winners either way... damnit!

On bama's last drive, there was a clear false start by the Left tackle, but no call was made. I was certain we'd see a flag, but nothing.

Auburn should have won.

Proud of the Tigers.

War Damn Eagle.

Defense stepped up. Very proud of them. Auburn won T.O.P early, but Bama dominated 2nd half. Todd threw the INT. That hurt. Todd fumbled. That hurt. Ziemba missed some blocks. Eric Smith missed a block when two guys came his way. Rather than at least get one, both ran by him. Semi-poor clock management on the final drive. Should have called the timeout after the completion to Tate before he got the 1st down. Then, we got a false start while the clock was moving. Once the penalty was enforced and ball was set for play, we lost a few seconds there because we weren't ready to snap the ball. Don't blame Washington for not going down sooner, but when he realized he wasn't going to get much more yards on the final kickoff, he should have went down or out of bounds.

Bama had excellent field position for most of the game. Our defense stepped up. We held Tiffin to 3 field goal tries, but the D wore out towards the end gave Julio too much cushion. Our offense again jumps up 14-0 and let's another game slip away.

Bama had he ball 33:47 to Auburn's 26:13

Take away the 1st quarter and it would have been worse.

Again, can't say enough about the effort, but we SHOULD have won this game. I don't care if Bama is ranked higher or has better players. We had this team in a situation to put them away... And we didn't.

I finally have a signature. The question is, does it just reward trolling?

Don't do it, it is what he wants. He lives for attention on the internet. He is like a little 12 year old girl. He is just "different" so everyone will pay attention to him. I am guilty of it right now, but it needs to be said. He obviously doesn't get enough attention in his everyday life.

Again, can't say enough about the effort, but we SHOULD have won this game. I don't care if Bama is ranked higher or has better players. We had this team in a situation to put them away... And we didn't.

The definition of the word "could" everybody...

Were we supposed to even be in this game? Nope. Should we have won this game if the offensive play calling did not get vanilla? Sure thing.

I don't get into moral victories either and believe we played better then UAT today. I believe our players left it all on the field and they did not lose this game. I don't believe you can blame the refs for a UAT victory this time. We made a few obvious penalties that hurt us more then any questionable call a ref made today.

I would like to see more consistent play calling out of our offensive coaches and by that I mean plays that seem to be working and staying with that.

I would like to see consistency our of our defense. We still have some tackling problems, but much better then last year and the way they started out the year. Defensive coaches need to learn how to adjust during the game better. Though our defense played a good game today, there were too many key plays that let UAT back in it (ie Julio Jones catching pass after past over the middle at the end of the game). Defense has improved, but not enough to make a run at the SEC CG.

This is CGC's first year and there is much room for improvement, but he already improved on last year. As long as he keeps doing it, he is okay in my book. Once he starts getting complacent, then we need to talk.

We made the turds sweat folks. We made fee pee in their pants. All that about the "big whooping" we all hot air. We lost, but I knew a few bammers that have some crow to eat.

WAR DAMN EAGLE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Defense stepped up. Very proud of them. Auburn won T.O.P early, but Bama dominated 2nd half. Todd threw the INT. That hurt. Todd fumbled. That hurt. Ziemba missed some blocks. Eric Smith missed a block when two guys came his way. Rather than at least get one, both ran by him. Semi-poor clock management on the final drive. Should have called the timeout after the completion to Tate before he got the 1st down. Then, we got a false start while the clock was moving. Once the penalty was enforced and ball was set for play, we lost a few seconds there because we weren't ready to snap the ball. Don't blame Washington for not going down sooner, but when he realized he wasn't going to get much more yards on the final kickoff, he should have went down or out of bounds.

Bama had excellent field position for most of the game. Our defense stepped up. We held Tiffin to 3 field goal tries, but the D wore out towards the end gave Julio too much cushion. Our offense again jumps up 14-0 and let's another game slip away.

Bama had he ball 33:47 to Auburn's 26:13

Take away the 1st quarter and it would have been worse.

Take away the last quarter and Auburn wins. :rolleyes:

The definition of the word "could" everybody...

PC-- did you have any money riding on this game?

I actually looked for blocks in the back during the Arenas PR during the replay and didn't see any. You guys are just poor losers if you blame the refs. Maybe Bama was the better team? Why can't you guys just admit it? If we had won the game, you'd expect the same from Auburn fans.

And BTW, I was sarcastic with the umpire comment. But I can't help argue with an idiot about the ref issue. If you think the refs lost us the game, you are a loser. The fact that we let them score and didn't have good time management at the end were certainly of no reason. You guys are just pathetic.

GFY

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=14

Were we supposed to even be in this game? Nope. Should we have won this game if the offensive play calling did not get vanilla? Sure thing.

I don't get into moral victories either and believe we played better then UAT today. I believe our players left it all on the field and they did not lose this game. I don't believe you can blame the refs for a UAT victory this time. We made a few obvious penalties that hurt us more then any questionable call a ref made today.

I would like to see more consistent play calling out of our offensive coaches and by that I mean plays that seem to be working and staying with that.

I would like to see consistency our of our defense. We still have some tackling problems, but much better then last year and the way they started out the year. Defensive coaches need to learn how to adjust during the game better. Though our defense played a good game today, there were too many key plays that let UAT back in it (ie Julio Jones catching pass after past over the middle at the end of the game). Defense has improved, but not enough to make a run at the SEC CG.

This is CGC's first year and there is much room for improvement, but he already improved on last year. As long as he keeps doing it, he is okay in my book. Once he starts getting complacent, then we need to talk.

We made the turds sweat folks. We made fee pee in their pants. All that about the "big whooping" we all hot air. We lost, but I knew a few bammers that have some crow to eat.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Awesome game, awesome effort, awesome team. Our future is bright!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

WDE! Here, here. I saw pee stains in the leprechaun's pants.

What bad calls are you guys talking about? I would like a small sample of these "bad calls." I did not see one and I complain a lot.

- trying to sit on a 1 point lead with ~10 mins to go when you get 1 first down and can at least get 3

- after the 2nd/3rd 10 yard pass to JJ, not double covering him - especially when the D has stopped the run so well

Biggest ones I saw.

Still, we were in the game so I can't get too upset.

What bad calls are you guys talking about? I would like a small sample of these "bad calls." I did not see one and I complain a lot.

- trying to sit on a 1 point lead with ~10 mins to go when you get 1 first down and can at least get 3

- after the 2nd/3rd 10 yard pass to JJ, not double covering him - especially when the D has stopped the run so well

Biggest ones I saw.

Still, we were in the game so I can't get too upset.

How the hell are those blamed on the refs?

Archived