Malzahn: 'We're going to do everything in our power to score points'

RunInRed

I'm worried more about our defending screen passes more than any quadruple flea flicker that Malzahn draws up in the dirt. I honestly don't think any of that will burn us.

I think we struggle defending passes to Fannin in the middle of the field, though. We'll also need Marquis Johnson to continue to bring his lunch pail when covering the taller Darvin Adams.

And I'm not slamming our defense -- how could I? Just pointing out a few areas where I think you guys can give us some trouble.

You obviously don't know much about Malzahn if you think his playbook includes a "quadruple flea-flicker."

Fixed that for you.

Every time we run a "trick play" for big yards, I hope some of you are sitting back screaming "dangit, we just need to run the ball straight ahead and execute!" ;)

As far as the trick plays have gone this year... it hasn't been very successful. Now my idea of a trick play in this offense may be different than others. For example: A WR reverse? Not a trick play with this team but a play we run very often.

If we do get some big yards off of some trickery you can bet I'll be screaming with nothing but good coming out :au:

I hope we see OM lined up right behing the linemen squatted down like in the TN game and run it. We have not seen that except in that game.....

That was Stallworth, so we won't be seeing that play unless someone else does it, like OM or Gulley.

Trick plays or trap draws...WHO cares? So long as we beat the redneck inbread idiots .....I wouldn't care if he pulls a rabbit out of Trooper's backwards hat ! ! ! ! :cheer::au:

Every time we run a "trick play" for big yards, I hope some of you are sitting back screaming "dangit, we just need to run the ball straight ahead and execute!" ;)

^^^^^^What he said! :cheer:

Anytime we get a big play, however it happens, I'll be cheering as loud as you or anyone, I assure you.

I welcome any response to my comments, but the discussion tends to be a lot more meaningful when the response is in the same ballpark as my point. Thanks for playing, though.

Your point is about forgetting the trick plays and execute. You also stated that we have excecuted against a quality opponent yet this year....I think I would call TN's defense a quality opponent, I think I would call Ole Miss defense a quality opponent...You lose all credibility! We can sit here and go well if we don't execute we will lose, well duh! If Bama does not execute they will lose too! But to say we have not executed any this year against a quality opponent is crazy. Thanks for playing, though....

If we don't see a triple reverse half back pass to Todd on the first play, then CGM is blowin' smoke.

Archived