UA vs South Carolina

boddatiger99

Sure, the offense only scored 20 points, but the 14 point margin was a bigger spread than:

Last second field goal for Florida

3 point win for Texas

Va. Tech lost

7 point win for Boise State

Ohio State lost

10 point win for Iowa

USC won by 7

Cincinnati managed to beat South Florida by 17.

Well, the offense only scored 13 points. And, while you have a point that a lot of other of the higher ranked teams didn't play so hot....that doesn't mean I can't be concerned with how my team's offense looked.

Bama doesn't have to throw to win. All they have to do is score 20 a game and beat most anyone, because their defense is insane. I don't like Bama as a program (for obvious reasons), but I like their defense. Very strong and fun to watch (as a former linebacker, I have to give them props). You have to give the evil ones their due when it's deserved. Just like they (some of them) did about Auburn in 2004.

Bama will need to pick it up in the passing game when they play LSU and eventually Florida.

Bama will need to pick it up in the passing game when they play LSU and eventually Florida.

Exactly. McElroy hasn't had to win a game yet. All he's had to do is hand off and maybe complete a few passes to keep the chains moving. In every game McElroy has struggled in, it's because the defense blitzed a lot.

Ole Miss did it and really put Bama's offense in a bind. South Carolina did similar but both teams turned the ball over and gave Bama extra chances to score.

If LSU and Florida don't turn the ball over, then I think they will both beat Alabama. It's easier said than done though.....

Bama doesn't have to throw to win. All they have to do is score 20 a game and beat most anyone, because their defense is insane. I don't like Bama as a program (for obvious reasons), but I like their defense. Very strong and fun to watch (as a former linebacker, I have to give them props). You have to give the evil ones their due when it's deserved. Just like they (some of them) did about Auburn in 2004.

Exactly why they will continue to win...Defense is unbelievably good. Step it up when needed.

By the way, I blame this whole thread on drinking Bud Light Lime. Will find a new beer and hopefully a new mojo for our next 5 games!

No way LSU beats us. Won't happen. UT, Auburn, Florida, and maybe Miss St all have better chances of beating us than does LSU.

Their offense is awful. Beyond awful. They are considering benching Jefferson for Jarrett Lee.

That's how bad it is.

No way LSU beats us. Won't happen. UT, Auburn, Florida, and maybe Miss St all have better chances of beating us than does LSU.

Their offense is awful. Beyond awful. They are considering benching Jefferson for Jarrett Lee.

That's how bad it is.

I agree that LSU doesn't stand much of a chance of beating Alabama. But I think they stand the best chance. LSU is the only team that can slog and play strong and ugly with Alabama. Everyone else on the schedule (minus the SEC championship game) will be beaten badly in the second half.

That's how bad it is.

I agree that LSU doesn't stand much of a chance of beating Alabama. But I think they stand the best chance. LSU is the only team that can slog and play strong and ugly with Alabama. Everyone else on the schedule (minus the SEC championship game) will be beaten badly in the second half.

I think the only teams who have a prayer of beating Alabama are those who can score points. LSU can't score against crappy defenses, they may not cross the 50 against us.

UT has proven that they can score when they put it together, Auburn has some interesting schemes and a pair of good RBs, and Florida is Florida.

But LSU has such an awful offense, I just don't see them having a lot of success against us. I agree they have some talent. But for some reason it just hasn't coalesced this season.

No one is going to score many points against Alabama until #25 gets a paycheck (legitimately :) ). Honestly, no one will run on Alabama, and he takes away much of the middle of the field in the pass game as well.

No one is going to score many points against Alabama until #25 gets a paycheck (legitimately :) ). Honestly, no one will run on Alabama, and he takes away much of the middle of the field in the pass game as well.

Unfortunately, next year we might lose Rolo and Cody. Cody eats up so many OLs that RBs are there to be cleaned up by McClain. Cody is a senior and McClain is stupid if he doesn't leave and take the money.

Unfortunately, next year we might lose Rolo and Cody. Cody eats up so many OLs that RBs are there to be cleaned up by McClain. Cody is a senior and McClain is stupid if he doesn't leave and take the money.

I hope he is stupid and stays.

Oh I think you can take the "might" out of that sentence. If any Bama fan is clinging to the hope of McClain staying... you're just like SLink last year denying that Stafford was guaranteed to go. McClain is gone. Enjoy him while you have him. Bama's defense will take a hit next year. They won't fall off the map because they have a head coach that is dedicated to defense (ahhhhh... I remember what that was like. Knowing that your defense would be good no matter who trotted out there because your head coach was a defensive wizard. Good times), but you don't get better by losing McClain, Cody, Arenas, plus 7-8 other guys in your defensive rotation. The guy I'd be worried about losing at this point if I were a Bama fan is Kareem Jackson. McClain is gone; Jackson is the one that'll have a decision to make.

Oh I think you can take the "might" out of that sentence. If any Bama fan is clinging to the hope of McClain staying... you're just like SLink last year denying that Stafford was guaranteed to go. McClain is gone. Enjoy him while you have him. Bama's defense will take a hit next year. They won't fall off the map because they have a head coach that is dedicated to defense (ahhhhh... I remember what that was like. Knowing that your defense would be good no matter who trotted out there because your head coach was a defensive wizard. Good times), but you don't get better by losing McClain, Cody, Arenas, plus 7-8 other guys in your defensive rotation. The guy I'd be worried about losing at this point if I were a Bama fan is Kareem Jackson. McClain is gone; Jackson is the one that'll have a decision to make.

Well we do get Dont'a back next year. So it will be a wash in terms of what we are playing without as it relates to McClain.

I don't think we'll miss Woodall that much. And Dareus > Deaderick.

I think we'll miss Eryk Anders' speed rush, and Arenas is a very skilled corner.

But yeah, if Kareem goes early and we have to replace McClain, Anders, Javy, Woodall, and Cody all in the same year...there's no way we don't really feel it.

Dont'a Hightower is no Rolondo McClain. Good player. But no Rolondo McClain. I wouldn't call that a "wash."

I think Rolo is a better pure LB, yes. But as it relates to our system, Dont'a is technically more important. He is much more multiple and does more things that effect our pass rush. We have to do a lot more moving people around for different scenarios when we have to replace Dont'a as opposed to Rolo.

And a terribly inept offense...please see exhibit A, final score 3-2. Ahh yes, good times...and a 5-7 record...good times indeed...and leaving the cupboard bare with only 75 scholarship players and 2 SEC caliber LB...it just doesn't get any better than that

Ah, ah, I won't get completely sucked in, but I will say: you isolate one losing season in a decade... you look foolish. You point to one game (a game we WON no less) in approximately 120... even more so.

As for replacing McClain v. replacing Hightower... you undervalue replacing a tackling machine. McClain is to you what Patrick Willis was to Ole Miss. They didn't fall off the map when he left. There were other guys that could make a good number of the tackles, and the love was spread around a little more. BUT they got worse. Not demonstrably worse but worse all the same. McClain is that kind of guy. You'll need 10 guys to help make up for his consistency (and dominance). I think Hightower "does more things." That's true. But McClain is more dominant and consistent. That defense is currently built around having a complete rock in the middle. Next year, they have to find a new foundation or else guys like Hightower won't be able to freelance like they do now.

Archived