WVU fans

WAR-MATT

There has been a lot of talk on the WV forums about how they were treated at Auburn vs how their fans treat people on their campus. It looks like most people really enjoyed the way they were treated at AU (thankfully) and would love to show the same respect for visitors to their campus.

It sounds like the wheels are turning, and I hope for their sake they can cleanup their image, but it sounds like there's an uphill battle to get to that point.

Found this on their web site. They also have a video

A trademark tradition by WVU students, the first down cheer is heard during home football games prior to the announcement of a first down. Mountaineer fans raise their hands and cheer in unison until the first down call is made. Following the call, the fans lift their arms up-and down three times, clap and then signal to the end zone chanting "first down."

http://alumni.wvu.edu/traditions/first_down/

That doesn't look like what they were doing last Saturday night to me. Maybe that's how they do it after being in a monsoon. :lol:

Found this on their web site. They also have a video

A trademark tradition by WVU students, the first down cheer is heard during home football games prior to the announcement of a first down. Mountaineer fans raise their hands and cheer in unison until the first down call is made. Following the call, the fans lift their arms up-and down three times, clap and then signal to the end zone chanting "first down."

http://alumni.wvu.edu/traditions/first_down/

Naiiiiiled it.

LSU fans are thinking "Thank the Lord for those a**hole WV fans!" :rolleyes:

It should be interesting when they play their home and home series in 2010 & 2011.

WEST VIRGINIA FOOTBALL FUTURE SCHEDULES

9-11 @ Marshall

9-25 @ Louisiana State

10-9 UNLV

TBA Maryland

TBA Coastal Carolina

9-3 Marshall

9-10 Norfolk State

9-24 Louisiana State

TBA @ Maryland

I'm glad they were treated well in AU. From the sounds of it, I'm glad I didn't go to Morgantown last year. I would have been in jail or the hospital if someone had spit on me or the wife.

I've never really had a horrible experience at a football game. I did have some students, in Auburn no less, intentionally slam their cooler into my car as they walked by. Oddly enough they scattered when I jumped out of the car. Aside from that, I watched UF fans throwing ice balls at Bama fans in Birmingham in the 92 SECCG and I saw several LSU fans throwing things/cursing at people at a Bama game in the 90s. The only thing that was ever directed at me was the dumb asses with the cooler and that isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things

I'm glad they were treated well in AU. From the sounds of it, I'm glad I didn't go to Morgantown last year. I would have been in jail or the hospital if someone had spit on me or the wife.

I've never really had a horrible experience at a football game. I did have some students, in Auburn no less, intentionally slam their cooler into my car as they walked by. Oddly enough they scattered when I jumped out of the car. Aside from that, I watched UF fans throwing ice balls at Bama fans in Birmingham in the 92 SECCG and I saw several LSU fans throwing things/cursing at people at a Bama game in the 90s. The only thing that was ever directed at me was the dumb asses with the cooler and that isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things

That seems to be the case. LSU fans,according to plenty of post-Katrina visitng fans, have said LSU fans have cooled down and shown first-class hospitality. I will say that my fellow drunk corndogs aren't going to let a WVU fan-regardless of age-tell them to "eff-off" or spit on them. This series is going to get a lot of attention on the infamous reputation of these two fanbases alone.

Gettng drunk at a game isn't my preferance, and it shouldn't be for anyone who fields a first-tier team. If LSU sucked, however, I could see the perks of being trashed.

LSU fans,according to plenty of post-Katrina visitng fans, have said LSU fans have cooled down and shown first-class hospitality.

Do these plenty of post-Katrina visiting fans actually exist?

BTW, you were just begging for this to come up when you mention Post-Katrina visting fans considering this is how UT got treated Post-Katrina

http://www.fanblogs.com/lsu/005802.php

September 29, 2005

LSU issues apology to Tennessee

AD Skip Bertman apologized to the Tennessee AD, president, and fans for the rowdy behavior before & after the LSU football game.

LSU fans rocked the Tennessee team bus and threw beer bottles, cracking four windows. LSU police had to intervene to lead the buses out of harms way.

Bertman attributed the behavior to some bad eggs among the crowd attending the game:

In his letter, Bertman congratulated Hamilton on Tennessee's come-from-behind 30-27 victory in overtime. He then went on to apologize to Hamilton, the school president and all Tennessee fans for the incident outside the stadium.

"As you know, there is unfortunately an element in every crowd that does not exhibit good sportsmanship," Bertman wrote. "And when crowds grow to the size of those on a football game day, it takes only a very small percentage of offenders to ruin the day for so many."

Bertman said the bottle throwers were not representative of all LSU fans.

LSU fans,according to plenty of post-Katrina visitng fans, have said LSU fans have cooled down and shown first-class hospitality.

Do these plenty of post-Katrina visiting fans actually exist?

BTW, you were just begging for this to come up when you mention Post-Katrina visting fans considering this is how UT got treated Post-Katrina

http://www.fanblogs.com/lsu/005802.php

September 29, 2005

LSU issues apology to Tennessee

AD Skip Bertman apologized to the Tennessee AD, president, and fans for the rowdy behavior before & after the LSU football game.

LSU fans rocked the Tennessee team bus and threw beer bottles, cracking four windows. LSU police had to intervene to lead the buses out of harms way.

Bertman attributed the behavior to some bad eggs among the crowd attending the game:

In his letter, Bertman congratulated Hamilton on Tennessee's come-from-behind 30-27 victory in overtime. He then went on to apologize to Hamilton, the school president and all Tennessee fans for the incident outside the stadium.

"As you know, there is unfortunately an element in every crowd that does not exhibit good sportsmanship," Bertman wrote. "And when crowds grow to the size of those on a football game day, it takes only a very small percentage of offenders to ruin the day for so many."

Bertman said the bottle throwers were not representative of all LSU fans.

stfu link. imma be flying in to athens this weekend so ya betta be ready for yoambu to be shaken too

stfu link. imma be flying in to athens this weekend so ya betta be ready for yoambu to be shaken too

I have no idea what that means

I think he said, "Youcan Dooooeeet!"

Archived