former dawg Thomas Davis

WAR-MATT

Somebody please tell me why this car is worth $136k?

link

995-986-0714purple.embedded.prod_affiliate.138.embedded.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

http://www.dubmag.net/celebrities/athletes/666-carolina-panthers-thomas-davis?start=2

No doubt, the thing that first catches your eye about this car is its custom, two-tone purple paint, not to mention the suicide doors, which Mr. Scrape Customs claims is one of the first (if not, the first) ’75 Caprice convertible to sport this mod. The custom-made grille includes H4 headlights and chrome train horns behind it; in fact, the whole nose is chromed out. Then, there’s a custom airbrush mural of Davis sitting at his office thinking back to the days when he was in “rags” and now loving his “riches”—hence, the name of the car.

Pop the hood and you’ll find a 454 big-block engine that was dyno tested at 750 horsepower. Everything is chromed out, from the fender wells to the intake manifolds. The transmission was rebuilt and re-geared to handle the increased horsepower, and two Flowmaster mufflers keep things flowing.

“If it’s old school, I love a good strong engine, and the old school that I have, definitely,” Davis said. “It’s gotta be something with a 400 or better in it.”

Inside, a custom dash houses a 20-inch screen and digital gauges from Nordskog Performance. The dash is also home to a personalized push-button Smart Shift system from RetroTek, billet vents for the A/C and heater, and an array of JL Audio speaker components. The steering wheel (built by Billet Accessories Direct) is also a complete one-off piece, featuring the Panthers logo and Davis’ name.

The door panels were completely redone in leather and suede, as well as the rest of the interior. Each door panel has a fiberglass pod that houses JL Audio speakers and a 15-inch monitor, while the rear quarters have a fiberglass enclosure that holds two more JL Audio speakers. Speaking of audio components, an Eclipse AVN5435 head unit lies at the heart of the sound system, powering four amps—two JL Audio 1000.1 and two 300.4 amps—that control two 13.5-inch JL Audio W7 subwoofers and 16 JL Audio component speakers throughout the car. The most amazing thing is that everything is candy purple.

Whether it’s any of Davis’ daily drivers or his incredibly customized toys, each one of these cars carries with it a special meaning for him. And although he dreams of owning a Rolls-Royce Phantom one day (“You can ride around with mink carpets, umbrella in the suicide door, and it has enough space for a king,”), he’s very happy with his current fleet. “It’s all about me liking something about each of the vehicles, what they mean to me, what they had to offer.”

Too bad the car didn't come with a refund so the guy could get some taste, that thing is fugly.

Reminds me of Jonathan Bender when he got drafted by the Pacers in 1999 I think

Guy buys a 100k+ car before the draft and it gets stolen the DAY after he got it.

Guy buys a 100k+ car before the draft and it gets stolen the DAY after he got it.

Stolen really, no one notice this car driving down the street, really, I mean there isn't a traffic camera in NC that saw this car rolling down the street, really, you don't get out of bed before 10:30 am, really, i guess when you get in at 1:30 you don't, really.

They won't find it intact that is for sure, they don't mention the rims but I am betting the rims alone are 10-25k, really

• 3 weeks later...

It is a sad day when a Caprice Classic is considered a classic. I guess in my hood, things were a littel different.

Rudy Redneck ALWAYS preferred the Camaro over anything else.

Stolen really, no one notice this car driving down the street, really, I mean there isn't a traffic camera in NC that saw this car rolling down the street, really, you don't get out of bed before 10:30 am, really, i guess when you get in at 1:30 you don't, really.

They won't find it intact that is for sure, they don't mention the rims but I am betting the rims alone are 10-25k, really

Really?

Archived