Enrique arrested at Jerrell Powe's

WAR-MATT

I completely agree that the best way to handle the situation is to just comply. My point is that according to this description of events they had no reasonable cause to question, ID, or detain ANYONE other than the tenants of the apartment. If a cop gets called in for a noise complaint, they don't just get to start lining folks up and arresting them. If they see booze, ask folks for ID to make sure they aren't underage. That's reasonable. There is no indication that they saw booze here. If you see something that makes you think drugs, have a look around, question some folks, etc. That's reasonable. There is no indication that drugs were present or even suspected. The cops were on a power trip and didn't like someone looking at them the wrong way. They handled this just as poorly as Davis did. They had every right to ID, question, and give a citation to Powe. They had no right to stop and question uninvolved people that just happened to be at a party where (according to this report) there is no indication that anyone was even drinking. Give me a break.

Who was it that left Auburn because they felt the weren't getting the academic help they needed. My memory is fuzzy, but I think he dropped out, but ended up at Ole Miss. I think I remember the mom got involved and tried to make it look like Auburn didn't support him as well as they should have. Did I dream this...

Patrick Trahan

Former Mosley standout Davis arrested, charged with disorderly conduct

OXFORD, Miss. - Enrique Davis was arrested early Sunday morning on disorderly conduct charges and released from an Oxford, Miss., jail, according to Joey East, Oxford Police Department assistant chief.

Davis was released upon posting bond of more than $200, East said Tuesday.

According to The Daily Mississippian, the University of Mississippi's student newspaper, Davis was at a party at fellow Rebel football player Jerrell Powe's apartment. Police responded to noise complaints. While the police were talking to Powe, Davis started making comments directed at the officers, the Mississippian reported.

Davis refused to produce identification and started walking away from the officer when the officer then grabbed Davis' arm, according to the paper. Davis was then arrested.

link: http://www.newsherald.com/sports/davis_735...ice_oxford.html

I'm not sure we lost much there.

Ronald Reagan has civil discourse with Mohmar Kadafi...gotta love it. :)

"As a side note: I don’t know if any of you are old enough to recall a man named Mohmar Kadafi the Libyan Dictator.

While Regan was president it was determined that that Kadfii had killed a US servicemen in a Berlin disco bombing and that Kadafi might be behind the Locker bee TWA airplane bombing. Reagan’s response was decisive, quick despite worldwide condemnation he bombed Kadafi’s house! France would not even allow US planes to land for refueling. Reagan did not submit months or proof to the UN and begin begging for Worldwide support for action to stem the escalating tide of terror against the US he acted UNILATERLY.

To this day we have never had another single instance of terror from that man or regime! "

:au::homer:

And inspiring the song French People Suck by the Meatmen. I'm really old.

People that fight the police are funny. What do they possibly think the outcome will be?

The only question is how much pain and swelling you will experience in your cell that night.

Archived