NEA a terrorist organization?

DKW 86

As Democrats express outrage over comments made by Education Secretary Rod Paige [he called the the nation's largest teachers union 'a terrorist organization'] a DRUDGE REPORT flashback can reveal Democrat presidential frontrunner John Kerry Has Called Republicans 'legislative terrorists'... MORE... In Jan. 1996, commenting on the federal government shutdown, Kerry called the House Republicans 'legislative terrorists,' who used federal workers as pawns and disrespected them. Asked about his terrorist comment, Kerry explained, 'Terrorists hold hostages, and the Republicans are holding the government hostage'...

Using the holding someone hostage argument, I agree that the NEA is a terrorist organization. Have they not held good education in America from our kids for decades? :yes:

As Democrats express outrage over comments made by Education Secretary Rod Paige [he called the the nation's largest teachers union 'a terrorist organization'] a DRUDGE REPORT flashback can reveal Democrat presidential frontrunner John Kerry Has Called Republicans 'legislative terrorists'... MORE... In Jan. 1996, commenting on the federal government shutdown, Kerry called the House Republicans 'legislative terrorists,' who used federal workers as pawns and disrespected them. Asked about his terrorist comment, Kerry explained, 'Terrorists hold hostages, and the Republicans are holding the government hostage'...

Using the holding someone hostage argument, I agree that the NEA is a terrorist organization. Have they not held good education in America from our kids for decades? :yes:

I see you've forgiven Drudge for duping you into participating in a shameless smear.

I see you've forgiven Drudge for duping you into participating in a shameless smear.

Oh yes Lord of the Keyboard, forgive your humble servant. I did not realize that I was in the presence of TOTAL GODLIKE PERFECTION in yourself.

BTW, hotrod, I said it was unproven in the top of the thread, and posted the links later on proving it was.

But I guess it must have been a pure oversight on your part, Lord of the Keyboard. :rolleyes:

Oh yes Lord of the Keyboard, forgive your humble servant. I did not realize that I was in the presence of TOTAL GODLIKE PERFECTION in yourself.

BTW, hotrod, I said it was unproven in the top of the thread, and posted the links later on proving it was.

But I guess it must have been a pure oversight on your part, Lord of the Keyboard. :rolleyes:

Interesting you call me "Lord of the Keyboard" when you seem unable to tolerate disagreement. What exactly are you claiming was "proven." Should I call you "The Unqestionable"?

Whatever your highness wishes to call his humble servant is acceptable.

No Tex, you read it wrong. I posted that the info was not substantiated and later on noted that it was indeed not true.

Shame on you DKW 86! You should be more tolerable! Everywhere I look on this board I see where you just don't allow anyone to have a differing opinion! You've never allowed the first Dem/Lib to start a single thread here. Dispicable! :P

I would think a simple Lexis-Nexis search would clear this up and remove the offending "Drudge reference" from consideration, no?

This from the Worcester, Mass. Telegram & Gazette:

Telegram & Gazette

January 6, 1996 Saturday, ALL EDITIONS

Timothy J. Connolly; Mike Elfland; Telegram & Gazette Staff

Kerry rips into GOP on budget

Senator John Kerry, D-Mass., commenting on the federal government shutdown, called the House Republicans "legislative terrorists."

Visiting Worcester to speak with students and administrators at Worcester State College about changes in federal student loan programs, Kerry said yesterday that even Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole, R-Kan., had "come to his senses," but the House Republicans were holding "the government hostage." "The House Republicans are playing games," Kerry said. "They've acted stupidly. There is a way to balance the budget, but they're doing it dumb. "

Kerry said Gingrich is trying to "shove one man's point of view down the whole country's throat. " He said a democracy is based on negotiation and compromise, and the House Republicans "appear to be interested in neither. "

Asked about his terrorist comment, Kerry said, "Terrorists hold hostages, and the Republicans are holding the government hostage."

Kerry said budget battles in Washington affect college life. He said he wanted to listen to students and take that information with him to Washington.

Earlier yesterday, Kerry said jobs will undoubtedly emerge as the focus of his campaign against Gov. William F. Weld. He also suggested that the campaign - and others around the country - would prove to be a referendum on how the country wants Congress to balance the budget.

"So maybe the nation needs a debate about its priorities," said Kerry, speaking at a breakfast meeting of the North Central Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce.

EASIER ROUTE

Kerry reiterated the Democrats' quest to take the route, in his words, that doesn't cut too deeply into Medicare, Medicaid and other programs. The GOP favors bigger decreases and bigger tax breaks than the Democrats.

He said economists "will tell you that when the inflation rate is as low as it is, when the unemployment rate is as low as it is you don't need to rush and give this enormous tax break that comes at the expense of other terribly important investments we need to make in this country. Now if we have to have an election to decide that, let's do it.

"I have voted for a seven-year balanced budget; I have proposed, together with the Democratic leadership in the Senate, a seven-year (Congressional Budget Office-based) balanced budget, but we don't do it at the expense of some of these other critical things that I think impact the quality of life in this country. "...

Sorry, can't link to it. It's in the archives which you have to pay for. Someone else footed the bill.

Shame on you DKW 86! You should be more tolerable! Everywhere I look on this board I see where you just don't allow anyone to have a differing opinion! You've never allowed the first Dem/Lib to start a single thread here. Dispicable! :P

Right, its not like about half of the threads in this Forum arent Dem/Lib initiated.

Interesting you call me "Lord of the Keyboard" when you seem unable to tolerate disagreement.

:P

we should just shut this board down then instead of have dialogue (aka disagreement) about all this stuff. heaven forbid we discuss something on a discussion board.

btw, not only does david tolerate disagreement, he tolerates being called a liar.

go ahead...call him a liar and see!! :jester:

ct

Interesting you call me "Lord of the Keyboard" when you seem unable to tolerate disagreement.

:P

we should just shut this board down then instead of have dialogue (aka disagreement) about all this stuff. heaven forbid we discuss something on a discussion board.

btw, not only does david tolerate disagreement, he tolerates being called a liar.

go ahead...call him a liar and see!! :jester:

ct

CT, you are such a liar.... :lol:

But hey, I do have to get even with whoever called me a Commie tho..... :lol:

Well..... I can remember being terrorized by a few NEA members as a child!!!!!

Seriously, Secretary Paige made an unfortunate choice of words, but it wasn't as bad as the choice of words that "Saint Hillary" used while joking about Ghandi, and you saw just how upset the libs became over that.

I believe that most teachers really do have the best interests of theirs students in mind, but I don't believe that is the case at all with the leadership of the NEA. If the massive, city-wide teachers' strikes that we read of every so often aren't a form of holding sudents hostage, then I wouldn't know what to call them.

I'm glad to see the article that Titan posted! Kerry has used a LOT of very strong rhetoric over the years but he and his leftist friends sure don't like to hear those same words used by opponents. I have a feeling that during this campaign, Kerry will sorely regret many of his well publicized words, actions and contradictions.

Archived