Max Cleland revisited

TexasTiger

Beyond that, I think I've made my arguments clear enough and well-reasoned enough that any fair-minded objective person who takes the time to read them will understand my point, whether they choose to agree with it or not.

Why are you such an angry guy, anyway? Your party controls all three branches of government and it's Mardi Gras. You have a nice day, too.

I am not an angry guy. I just don't mind pinting out democrat spin and your condescension.

Look back at your first post in this thread.

For those who think an Honorable Discharge is so impressive, it is surprising you find a Silver Star awarded by the President so meaningless. Per Joe Conason:

Are you now saying that your point was not to imply that Mr. Cleland had earned those medals when he lost his appendages?

TigerMike, he didn't imply that at all, just merely stated he had earned the metals. A reasonable person could follow what he was saying.

Beyond that, I think I've made my arguments clear enough and well-reasoned enough that any fair-minded objective person who takes the time to read them will understand my point, whether they choose to agree with it or not.

Why are you such an angry guy, anyway?  Your party controls all three branches of government and it's Mardi Gras.  You have a nice day, too.

I am not an angry guy. I just don't mind pinting out democrat spin and your condescension.

Look back at your first post in this thread.

For those who think an Honorable Discharge is so impressive, it is surprising you find a Silver Star awarded by the President so meaningless. Per Joe Conason:

Are you now saying that your point was not to imply that Mr. Cleland had earned those medals when he lost his appendages?

There was no such implication intended, nor, do I think, readily apparent. If you think otherwise, read the entirety of my posts and you won't find it there either. In fact, I specifically said he lost his limbs 4 days after the actions for which he was cited for heroism.

People who know me will tell you that I am rarely the first to be condescending in an exchange. My initial "condescension" was in response to Jenny's post that ended thusly:

Or is this too rational an explanation for any of you all to understand?

After that it has been pretty much back and forth. But after years of hearing Republicans say Democrats are too weak and spineless to govern, Republicans should be pleased to see us fighting back, right?

CCTAU

Ang GA being a heavy repub state. Where the hell have you been for the last 20 years? We JUST elected a republican gov. for the first time in, hell, forever.

You're a model Republican.  I said an increasingly Republican state, not a heavy repub state.  I see no real disagreement here unless you totally misrepresent what I said.  Dubya's campaign is gearing up.  Maybe he'll hire you.  Those are just the kind he skills he's looking for.

Stick to Texas politics......

Oh, I almost forgot, weasley little dems are outnumbered there also.

Seems to be a trend. Get ready for another 4 years. Cause me and those like me have

just the kind he skills he's looking for

TigerMike, he didn't imply that at all, just merely stated he had earned the metals. A reasonable person could follow what he was saying.

channonc, You are a smart woman I know, so would you tell us why this article was written and why? To say "he didn't imply that at all, just merely stated he had earned the metals." And how did earning those medals have anything to do with Mr. Cleland loosing his legs? The second post in this thread was by me and I asked "Is this when he lost his arms & legs? Not a slam, merely asking." Since that questions the dems here have danced and spun for days. Finally TexasTiger said "Your apparent point: The lines between Cleland's citations for heroism and his loss of limbs have been blurred, perhaps purposely by his defenders for political gain. (This appears to be Coulter's larger point, as well, but she overreaches because she seemingly can't help herself.)

I haven't disputed that." I could agree with TexasTiger's entire statement if he had not used the phrase "perhaps purposely by his defenders for political gain". The way I see it there is no perhaps about it. It was intentional and deceitful. But what do I know. I must not be reasonable enough to follow him.

Archived