Kerry and Crooked Contractor

DKW 86

Great find, David!! I can hardly wait to see how TigerAl and Donut spin that one!

My guess is that it will be a conspiracy theory, something along the lines of Rush Limbaugh secretly buying the LA Times so he could print such a story! :lol:

I've believed from early on that Kerry will find that being in such an intense light as the nominee will be very uncomfortable. He avoided a lot of the flack during the early stages of the campaign simply because he was considered a non-factor. Once he is the nominee, assuming that happens, he will find the intensity of the spotlight very unflattering. Living, until now, in his ivory tower in Massachusetts, where forgiving rich liberals their transgressions is a way of life, he's not had to justify or account for his actions. He is only now becoming the target of serious investigative reporting and the level of intensity now is likely less than 20% of what it will be once he is the nominee. Once he is wearing that bullseye, he will have little time for anything but squirming and trying to justify his inconsistencies to a much less forgiving public outside Massachusetts. President Bush has dealt with that spotlight for almost five years now; its unlikely that the media or dems are suddenly going to pull a rabbit out of the hat with revelations to discredit the president. They've been trying, unsuccessfully, to do that for five years! The recent attempts to build a case using failure to remember of 30 year old event is an example of how desparate they are to find something.

Newest Zogby

Kerry is cvery strong in some areas. That is a given.

IMHO the wedge issues for Kerry will be:

1) Special Interests. He is very tied to them.

2) His really dormant accomplishments in Senate.

3) Liberal Voting record.

4) Waffling on many issues.

Bush:

1) Questions of Integrity

2) Budget Busting

3) ECONOMY

4) Jobs

I predict it will get very ugly and soon. If money becmes the deciding factor, Bush will win then. BARELY...

One thing that I am always shocked about it is when candidates begin the special interest talk. Come on!!! I can't think of one politician that hasn't taken special interest money. These candidates assume that people outside of Washington have no clue how it works. Trust me, don't be dumb people. Not one politician hasn't taken special interest money, and usually lots of it. I don't think its in anyone's best interest to bring up the tit for tat game on this subject. Both will end up losing on that front, unless people are just dumb enough to buy into the propaganda on either side!!

One thing that I am always shocked about it is when candidates begin the special interest talk. Come on!!! I can't think of one politician that hasn't taken special interest money. These candidates assume that people outside of Washington have no clue how it works. Trust me, don't be dumb people. Not one politician hasn't taken special interest money, and usually lots of it. I don't think its in anyone's best interest to bring up the tit for tat game on this subject. Both will end up losing on that front, unless people are just dumb enough to buy into the propaganda on either side!!

all very true, chan...yet it has been one of kerry's favorite lines.

he must think we're idiots.

on a slightly different note (warning: this may appear to be a thread hijack, but not really!):

if i had to go on the stump like these guys do day in & day out, AND give more or less the exact same speech every time, it'd drive me crazy.

'two nations', 'take back the flag from rush limbaugh', 'not beholden to special interests'....

the reporters covering these rallies must get pretty tired of it also.

we now return this thread to it's original programming.

I must say though CT, that I don't place Kerry totally on the line. Every election cycle we hear about special interest money-- from both sides.

Granted Kerry started it this time, but trust me, Bush can't really refute it by saying he doesn't take special interest money. It just seems like a lame debate to have, epecially when both sides lose.

I must say though CT, that I don't place Kerry totally on the line. Every election cycle we hear about special interest money-- from both sides.

totally => solely?

the partisan-ness of my post is merely a result of the one-sidedness of the primary season alone.

i am well aware that both sides are guilty.

i do appreciate your concern for fairness, though.

ct

My understanding is thaty Kerry is the one really crowing about it and that he is very openly taking more than anyone.

Granted Kerry started it this time, but trust me, Bush can't really refute it by saying he doesn't take special interest money. It just seems like a lame debate to have, epecially when both sides lose.

It will not have to be a debate. Bush is not under fire for it, Kerry is. As long as Kerry keeps harping on it, he will be bombarded. So Bush really has to do nothing.

He can sit back and let Kerry try to save the working class man from the republicans. That is, if somebody actually points out what a working-class citizen is to Kerry! :D

Archived