Starts by freshmen & sophmores in 08'

WAR-MATT

*It has been well noted that Notre Dame relied on freshman and sophomore starters this year. The Irish have 97 starts by freshmen or sophomore going into their game vs. Southern Cal. Auburn starts by freshmen and sophomores going into the Alabama game is 108.

*Most TV analysts have pointed out that bammer is relying on a bunch of underclassmen in 2008. Going into the Auburn game, Alabama has 52 combined starts from freshmen and sophomores. So I guess you could say Saban is winning with Shula's players.

*It has been well noted that Notre Dame relied on freshman and sophomore starters this year. The Irish have 97 starts by freshmen or sophomore going into their game vs. Southern Cal. Auburn starts by freshmen and sophomores going into the Alabama game is 108.

*Most TV analysts have pointed out that bammer is relying on a bunch of underclassmen in 2008. Going into the Auburn game, Alabama has 52 combined starts from freshmen and sophomores. So I guess you could say Saban is winning with Shula's players.

SHHHHHH ! You will wake up the CHILDERN .

AAAAAHHHHH... yes .. you're right.. he's winning with Shula's players.. you busted the reason for his success.. bulls eye.. he can't coach worth s***... Saban is just overrated.... he's just sitting on his ass and milking Shula's glory & probably even playbooks with no efforts whatsoever... I am sure that if you go into the locker room with the team, you'll find Nick Saban saying "hey kids, remember what you did with Coach Shula, just do that and we'll be fine while i go reshingle the roof to my house.. aight..!!"

Even better, if he's a real coach, he should have ran off all those kids out of school and dump all of the recruiting class the year he came here because they were recruited by Shula and started and finished the season with only two players on the roster.. Nick Fanuzzi on offense and Davis on defense.. I guess then he'll be a more validated coach.. That's the true formula of success that every AU man believes in... yup,, yup,, you sold me, I bought in..

I told you sooo! And they woke up crying too. you better break out a boob quick. is that drunk lady from the air port available? I think she gives about 90 proof. Shhhhhhh maybe they will go back to sleep.

pat them on the back that seems to work.

AAAAAHHHHH... yes .. you're right.. he's winning with Shula's players.. you busted the reason for his success.. bulls eye.. he can't coach worth s***... Saban is just overrated.... he's just sitting on his ass and milking Shula's glory & probably even playbooks with no efforts whatsoever... I am sure that if you go into the locker room with the team, you'll find Nick Saban saying "hey kids, remember what you did with Coach Shula, just do that and we'll be fine while i go reshingle the roof to my house.. aight..!!"

Even better, if he's a real coach, he should have ran off all those kids out of school and dump all of the recruiting class the year he came here because they were recruited by Shula and started and finished the season with only two players on the roster.. Nick Fanuzzi on offense and Davis on defense.. I guess then he'll be a more validated coach.. That's the true formula of success that every AU man believes in... yup,, yup,, you sold me, I bought in..

You took that way too far. This thread was more about Auburn than Bama, yet you take one small comment(joke really) and make a huge deal about it.

You took that way too far. This thread was more about Auburn than Bama, yet you take one small comment(joke really) and make a huge deal about it.

yeah, I thought about deleting the last sentence in the post but thought it would be funny to read their reactions. B)

the point of it was to show how bad the injury bug has been this year at :au: .

we're playing our underclassmen by choice. AU doesn't have a choice.

Does the fact that Shula couldn't win with these players not meaningful to you?

Yes and no.

I mean Shula was a good recruiter. Most Bama fans would have even said that prior to his departure, so it isn't like Saban is winning with UT Martin or LaMo talent. I think most would agree Saban is a better coach than Shula so it isn't too surprising, but the huge turn-around is (to me anyway).

Giving him credit where it is due though, undefeated is undefeated regardless.

Does the fact that Shula couldn't win with these players not meaningful to you?

Yes and no.

I mean Shula was a good recruiter. Most Bama fans would have even said that prior to his departure, so it isn't like Saban is winning with UT Martin or LaMo talent. I think most would agree Saban is a better coach than Shula so it isn't too surprising, but the huge turn-around is (to me anyway).

Giving him credit where it is due though, undefeated is undefeated regardless.

i think alot of the players have benefitted from CNS as well. when you look at the guys that make our team work that also came in during the Shula era, its interesting.

Arenas (3*) - was recruited by us and like Florida Atlantic. never really stepped up as a DB until CNS got here tho.

Coffee(3*) - recruited by i think Southern Miss, Middle TN, and UCF. hasn't really been a part of the offense until this season for various reasons.

JPW (3*) - was Bama bound regardless. credit McElwain more than anybody for his turnaround this season. still not world class, but a million times better than last season.

Rashad Johnson (NR) - was a walk-on

Andre Smith (5*) - was Bama bound regardless, and was going to be a beast no matter what.

McClain (4*) - not sure that he was ever an Alabama lock or anything, but Shula did do a good job getting him here.

Caldwell (3*) - wasn't widely recruited, but has exceeded expectations.

CMS had his bright moments in recruiting, but never did bring in a complete clean sweep of insane talent.

So you have senior wide outs better than God Jone's? Choice or necessity?

So you have senior wide outs better than God Jone's? Choice or necessity?

we only have 1 senior WR, Nikita Stover, who has played in 1 game this season i think. we could play him if we wanted, but we obviously don't want to (thats called a choice). Jones and Maze (RS Freshman) have been our go-to guys, especially Jones since they have turned him loose more and more the past few games. McCoy is still somewhere in the middle. my point is, you guys have had a ton of injuries and have had to throw freshmen into the mix unexpectedly. thats a whole different situation than getting them prepared the entire off season knowing they will start from day 1.

With only 52 starts by underclassmen, you're hardly playing them at all respective to what other teams are doing. That was the point, Bamzo, but I'm not surprised that you missed it.

Archived