Bush Military records

Donutboy

Let's review! Bush finishes in the lower 25% of his class, has an arrest record for a college prank and multiple car crashes and traffic violations which would require a waiver from the Guard, which Dubya never received. There's a LONG line for entry into the Texas Air National Guard for qualified applicants, one's who have proved capable and worthy of flying our country's jets, and yet they chose Dubya because of his qualifications instead of because of his political ties! Have I missed any details?

Bush records detail car crashes, tickets

...... McClellan — responding to a copy of the partially blacked-out application that has surfaced anew in several newspapers and in an upcoming book — revealed for the first time the portion of the document that had been excised. The document was part of a May 1968 background check that Guard applicants were required to fill out.

McClellan showed the full document to reporters but did not release copies. Deputy press secretary Trent Duffy said there were no plans to release anything else.

One incident listed on McClellan's unaltered copy is an apparent reference to a 1966 college fraternity prank at Yale University in New Haven, Conn. Bush and others reportedly were arrested for taking a Christmas wreath from a hotel.

That incident was reported widely during the 2000 presidential campaign. The two speeding tickets and the two collisions, both in Houston, were not previously known.

The traffic violations are significant because the Air Force typically would have had to issue a waiver for a Guard applicant who had multiple arrests or driving violations. There is no record of an enlistment waiver in Bush's military file.

Critics have charged that Bush received favorable treatment to get into the Guard and avoid serving overseas. He joined the Guard in 1968 and was honorably discharged in 1973, a little less than a year before his commitment was up. He received a competitive spot in a fighter-jet unit at a time when there was a long waiting list. ......

I wonder how he got that nasty shiner in your sig pic, Donutboy?

Don't you remember? He almost choked to death while eating a pretzel!! :rolleyes:

Seattle Times? Give me a break.

I know it's not Fox News, so I wouldn't expect YOU to believe it. You wouldn't believe the truth if it reached out and slapped you in the face anyway.

Seattle Times?  Give me a break.

I know it's not Fox News, so I wouldn't expect YOU to believe it. You wouldn't believe the truth if it reached out and slapped you in the face anyway.

Is that what you tell? The truth?

Well, that depends on what the definition of the word "truth" is.

Seattle Times?  Give me a break.

Reading your posts remind me a a semi-popular 80s song by a goup named RATT.

ROUND AND ROUND

Archived