Max Cleland Drops a Politcal Grenade

TitanTiger

Seriously, some of you need to get your head out of the sand and look at the issues. Cleland isn't running for anything, just helping in a campaign for a candidate he believes in. Why rip him to shreds? Secondly, some of you are so against any Dem why do you care anyway? Its not like its going to change your vote.

... Secondly, some of you are so against any Dem why do you care anyway? Its not like its going to change your vote.

if partisans on both sides took this stance, we could shut this board down...

:roll:

ct

Cleland isn't running for anything, just helping in a campaign for a candidate he believes in. Why rip him to shreds?

He's helping by ripping another guy to shreds about his service. When you do that, you open yourself up to the same standard of judgment. In fact, that's what Jesus was really saying in the famous, "Judge not, lest ye be judged..." passage. Be ready to accept the same standard of judgment being applied to your own life that you apply to others. Cleland is getting a little of that right now. Had he simply stated his support for Kerry and said some positive remarks about Kerry's Vietnam service, this never would have come up.

Moral of the story: Don't pick fights if you don't like getting hit.

Cleland isn't running for anything, just helping in a campaign for a candidate he believes in. Why rip him to shreds?

He's helping by ripping another guy to shreds about his service. When you do that, you open yourself up to the same standard of judgment. In fact, that's what Jesus was really saying in the famous, "Judge not, lest ye be judged..." passage. Be ready to accept the same standard of judgment being applied to your own life that you apply to others. Cleland is getting a little of that right now. Had he simply stated his support for Kerry and said some positive remarks about Kerry's Vietnam service, this never would have come up.

Moral of the story: Don't pick fights if you don't like getting hit.

I agree with you 100%. But, should "judgement" come in the form of lies?

That's what I am getting at, judgement is one thing, but totally getting away from Kerry or Bush's record and focusing on his is a little over the top for me. It seems like I am hearing a lot more about Cleland than Kerry, and Cleland isn't the one running!

It looks more like "he said/she said" than a lie to me.

Yes, but what "he said" would be backed up by paperwork and eyewitnesses.

Where? He hasn't produced any. And having that weasle as my senator for 6 years was enough. I am only commenting on MY former senator.

Where? He hasn't produced any. And having that weasle as my senator for 6 years was enough. I am only commenting on MY former senator.

In his 201 file, like I told you before.

Gotta picture of it? I won't believe it until its posted. (ever heard that one before?)

Gotta picture of it? I won't believe it until its posted. (ever heard that one before?)

Even then you won't believe it. I was reading a letter written by a guy that was there on that day. You won't believe that, either. I even think the History Channel (?) showed the actual video of when they were getting on the chopper, under fire, and Cleland bends down to pick the grenade up. They didn't show it explode, which I'm sure you'd like to watch over and over, but it was very enlightening. You wouldn't believe that either.

If I were a man, I would want to marry her.

I am a married man and I want to marry her. Once they legalize gay marriage, legal polygamy will follow along right behind, and I can do so with the blessing of the State!! Now, I just have to convince my wife and Ann Coulter... ;)

Archived