Gameday coming to AU

WAR-MATT

I hope more people show up this time than they did before the Florida game a few years back....

I am not a huge fan of how they think USC hung the moon and how they kept saying in 04 that if Auburn beat team after team they'd say we deserved to jump Oklahoma, but I also hated how they were talking about why no one showed up for Gameday when they came for the Florida game......so I hope more folks show up this time.

Anyone on here planning to show up for Gameday this time??

I hope more people show up this time than they did before the Florida game a few years back....

I am not a huge fan of how they think USC hung the moon and how they kept saying in 04 that if Auburn beat team after team they'd say we deserved to jump Oklahoma, but I also hated how they were talking about why no one showed up for Gameday when they came for the Florida game......so I hope more folks show up this time.

Nope. I think Gameday is lame. The hosts are morons in my opinion and if they can't figure out why more people didn't come then that just proves it. I haven't watched it in several years, and I really couldn't care less about it.

My Girlfriend and I were going to try to go. Does anybody know where they are going to set up?

does anybody know when we have to get there to make sure we're in the front and get the home depot hard hats? my little bro is coming down and wants to do that, and bring a sign to try and get on tv. i went a couple years ago and went about the time gates opened and missed out on a hat.

also, does anybody know when it will be announced where gameday will set up? i went last time, and assume it will be in the same place, but it would be nice to confirm soon.

2004 Gameday was awesome because of the location and the hype.

2006 Gameday stunk worse than our offense this past week. The reason was because of the rules they instituted as a "trial" basis for Auburn and Auburn only. I believe this was on the Auburn Athletic Department and NOT ESPN (or so the security guy told me). They didn't allow signs in 2006... HELLO... McFLY! Anybody HOME? THIS IS COLLEGE GAMEDAY!! We were the only Gameday site to not have signs. Apparently the Auburn Administration was trying to find another way of ruining the fun from the fans point of view. The day before the Florida game, I tried to watch the Friday tapings for SportsCenter and other clips for Friday night and I was told I had to leave because people weren't allowed in the background shots and people weren't allowed to loiter around the premises and could only "walk through" to get from the parking lot to the other part of campus. Is that for real?? I am pretty sure I always see fans in the background on Friday tapings, but maybe I am wrong. Either way, Saturday sucked because they didn't allow people with signs or water. Of course people are going to turn away.

2006 Gameday stunk worse than our offense this past week. The reason was because of the rules they instituted as a "trial" basis for Auburn and Auburn only. I believe this was on the Auburn Athletic Department and NOT ESPN (or so the security guy told me). They didn't allow signs in 2006... HELLO... McFLY! Anybody HOME? THIS IS COLLEGE GAMEDAY!! We were the only Gameday site to not have signs. Apparently the Auburn Administration was trying to find another way of ruining the fun from the fans point of view. The day before the Florida game, I tried to watch the Friday tapings for SportsCenter and other clips for Friday night and I was told I had to leave because people weren't allowed in the background shots and people weren't allowed to loiter around the premises and could only "walk through" to get from the parking lot to the other part of campus. Is that for real?? I am pretty sure I always see fans in the background on Friday tapings, but maybe I am wrong. Either way, Saturday sucked because they didn't allow people with signs or water. Of course people are going to turn away.

when i went in 2006, they did allow signs, they just heavily censored what could be brought through. most people just ended up showing their signs from by the baseball homerun fence or the barricade by donahue

I thought they allowed signs, but you had to make them at the Gameday site that year (06).....I seem to remember this change being made because of someone who brought a dry erase board to the show and kept changing their sign and put something objectionable up behind Corso (which the dry erase board idea was genius if you ask me).....

I hate for Corso to be on the Auburn campus. He has to be the biggest a-hole around. He was a failure as a coach yet constantly runs his mouth off criticizing what other coaches do.

My Girlfriend and I were going to try to go. Does anybody know where they are going to set up?

They usually set up in front of Beard-Eaves.

In '06 for FLA they set up in the grass between Sewell and Plainsman Park, overlooking JHS.

They usually set up in front of Beard-Eaves.

In '06 for FLA they set up in the grass between Sewell and Plainsman Park, overlooking JHS.

I finished school in May so things may have changed since then, but wasn't some of the area around Beard-Eaves closed off due to construction? I'd imagine that the university would want to put our best face forward and would try to put the set somewhere where there is nice scenery and not a lot of construction going on. The area near the baseball stadium was pretty cool in 06.....too bad you can't see the stadium from the Samford lawn......that'd be an awesome place to broadcast from, or under the trees at Toomers.....

Will they allow a "LSU BLEAUX" sign? ;)

f_untitledm_7a61e5a.jpg

not sure. somebody had a sign that said that two years ago insides the stadium. if i can find 8 friends to paint themselves with me, we'll be painting that on ourselves, we'll be in the bottom of the endzone. i've already convinced my bro who is coming down from virginia for the weekend, and three other friends, so we're at five currently...

Of course, "GEAUX HOME" would be a more PG version of the sign...

I will laugh hard if you guys pull the body painting stunt off.

We're thinking of what to paint on ourselves IF we can get enough people. We currently have 5, although 2 may back out and sit in greek seating. We're still thinking of what we can spell out, but "LSU BLEAUX" is the leading candidate right now. The problem is finding enough people willing to do it. For the Iron Bowl my roomate and I painted ourselves and he just did orange and blue with #2 and "Savage" on the back for his favorite player and "War Eagle" across his chest. I did tiger stripes and tried to pull off the Braveheart style paint on my face. We froze our asses off that night! He left at halftime before he froze to death. I put on underarmour during halftime and the girls behind me thought I was cute and kept sneaking me liquid courage so I could make it through the game. Later in the game, they cheered when Cox got hurt and I told them they were no better than the Bama fans and they were sitting in the wrong section. I was cut off after that. I survived the impending hypothermia and made it through the game. I'm praying for warmer weather and no rain.

Archived