Why are we getting dominated in state?

AuburnSniper21

I have enjoyed reading this thread from the beginning today, especially in light of how differently the seasons are going for the two schools.

You read this thread from the beginning today?

Yep, you do need a life. A date maybe. Go grocery shopping. Paint a picture. Rescue a puppy from the animal shelter.

Cut off your Bama bangs and wash your t-shirt before the next "Wifebeater-Out" Nickpoleon calls at JHW.

Easy......... the Bama Bangs / Mississippi Swoop / Tellum crosses rivalry lines.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have enjoyed reading this thread from the beginning today, especially in light of how differently the seasons are going for the two schools.

Right now there is only one difference, we lost a close one against LSU the only stats that matter are W-L. Only time will tell who has the "better" season.

How about an update now???????????

As of now, Alabama is now ranked at 6 and Auburn at 10.

Pretty soon, the bammers are going to be full up in terms of depth and recruits. It will get harder for them to "have their way" in-state when that happens. It's always been that way. There's no question that Tubs and his staff are going to have to become more aggressive in recruiting and land some big ones next year. He's recruited the smaller, faster guys now for a while and that's one reason why our injury list is so large. They can't take the beating that a larger guy can. The other reason is conditioning and the type of finesse offense we ran early on and then had to take on the 3 yards and a cloud of dust teams that played smashmouth football.

Pretty soon, the bammers are going to be full up in terms of depth and recruits. It will get harder for them to "have their way" in-state when that happens. It's always been that way. There's no question that Tubs and his staff are going to have to become more aggressive in recruiting and land some big ones next year. He's recruited the smaller, faster guys now for a while and that's one reason why our injury list is so large. They can't take the beating that a larger guy can. The other reason is conditioning and the type of finesse offense we ran early on and then had to take on the 3 yards and a cloud of dust teams that played smashmouth football.

IMO, when the coaching shinanagans are finally over and CTT decides to make some changes to the offensive staff and offensive philosophy, then he can worry about recruiting.

More mommas & daddys in every state route for the "state" school...and momma & daddy are a big influence on where jr. goes.

More nuanced, we have no media of our own. Even small towns like Gainesville have a legit newspaper/TV station to get out their propaganda. We also may have the worst sports info. office of any major athletic dept. in the country. At least David Housel was a master of AU propaganda, esp. w/ the national media when he was here.

Ever wonder how schools like ND & Minn. still land blue chippers? Once you've been to the top you always have that room w/ national champ trophies to show the recruits. Doesn't matter if 1960 (MN) was the last of your many MNCs. In Bammer's case, doesn't matter if Hoolgate is awarding the 1942 MNC to the Crapstone in 1980.

Which is another reason I'm all for plugging the MNC's we have from wherever they are...according to the media guide we have 4 or 5...so I say we plug the heck out of them,.....I remember a few years ago USC said they found 1-2 that they had forgotten about and added them to the list...

UAT usually beats us at in state recruiting even when Shula was around. Last year Bama spanked us but usually they pull the the top in state recruits. So actually UAT has been beating us in state for years. We just seem to be able to coach better. We get a lot of Georgia recruits.

You can go to rivals and check the AL top recruits for the past few years.

That's just not true. We have had success with instate recruits in the past and there are several on this years team. But I do not remember us ever going 0-15 or whatever it was last year.

Let's see.. off the top of my head, here are some home grown boys: Tommy Trott, Tez Doolittle, Jeraud Powers, Ryan Pugh, Montez Billings, Mike McNeil, Gabe McKenzie, Antonio Coleman, Barrett Trotter, Goggans, Ricks, etc.. just to name a few.

This "we always get beat instate"crap is wearing a bit thin. We don't have to "win" but we dam sure need to shoot for at least 50-50 in state! :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

What is the matter with Auburn?

Nothing is the matter with Auburn.

Why are we getting shut out on the top recruits in state.

We're not.

Now, relax and watch the games.

Here's a link to the top prospects in Alabama this year....

http://www.tidesports.com/article/20081224...n_Alabama__1_10

give Saban Alabama recruits. lets sniper Texas, Florida, and GA.

B)

I know the turd's can say anything they want, But they don't own s***. These are some of the guys we signed this year that are from Alabama. And we will get more. And if they tell you they didn't want them tell them they are full of s***. Basically tell them the truth . Hell they act like every player they get is a freaking 5* stud Saban's a great recruiter. And one hell of a coach But give me a break. Stop listening to the turd's we will win. Auburns always going to be a winner.And we will beat that ELF Too. Even when Alabama was down we Recruited GA FLA SC MS and AL even TN Don't you let those Turd's make you think they are better ,( There not )I don't give a sh*t what they say or do. Over the last 30 years we have beat them more than they beat us. They are Alabama. And no one can beat there ass 's like we can.

Rejoice Auburn fan's. we will do it Again WAR DAMN EAGLE AND KISS MY AUBURN A** ALABAMA FAN

Sic em GUS

Jonathan Evens

Donald Ford

Harris Gaston

Brandon Heavens

LaVoyd James

Jamontay Pilson

B)

I know the turd's can say anything they want, But they don't own s***. These are some of the guys we signed this year that are from Alabama. And we will get more. And if they tell you they didn't want them tell them they are full of s***. Basically tell them the truth . Hell they act like every player they get is a freaking 5* stud Saban's a great recruiter. And one hell of a coach But give me a break. Stop listening to the turd's we will win. Auburns always going to be a winner.And we will beat that ELF Too. Even when Alabama was down we Recruited GA FLA SC MS and AL even TN Don't you let those Turd's make you think they are better ,( There not )I don't give a sh*t what they say or do. Over the last 30 years we have beat them more than they beat us. They are Alabama. And no one can beat there ass 's like we can.

Rejoice Auburn fan's. we will do it Again WAR DAMN EAGLE AND KISS MY AUBURN A** ALABAMA FAN

Sic em GUS

Jonathan Evens

Donald Ford

Harris Gaston

Brandon Heavens

LaVoyd James

Jamontay Pilson

GIT 'R DUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!1

Sic em GUS

Jonathan Evens

Donald Ford

Harris Gaston

Brandon Heavens

LaVoyd James

Jamontay Pilson

While I appreciate your enthusiasm my eyes are bleeding after reading your post. The reason Alabama fans can say that they didn't want those guys is because Alabama didn't offer those guys. It's hard to refute that. Shoe being on the other foot, how can you say they did want them if they didn't offer them?

B)

Sic em GUS

Jonathan Evens

Donald Ford

Harris Gaston

Brandon Heavens

LaVoyd James

Jamontay Pilson

Well I thought you or RWS would not like that. But it's a fact.

ESPN has you at # 6 right now and you have 4 player's who are ranked higher than ours. That's it .

But you act like every player is better not true and I'm tired of hearing it.

ESPN has us on the cusp of a great year. And we will!!! Now that we have CGM at OC we will pull some of those so called Bama leans. B/C we can offer them PT. They won't get the chance to play WR at turd ville for a while. B/C God already plays WR at Alabama. So we are coming!!! Get ready,

And by the time you and the rest of the munchkin land boys get to the plains next fall.

Gus and CGC will have something for you to take home with you. A beat down so enjoy your streak

:roflol::roflol::roflol: And dont worry we will GIT R DUNNNN

They won't get the chance to play WR at turd ville for a while. B/C God already plays WR at Alabama.

I was unaware that Julio plays all the WR positions.

Any kid that wants be a True # 1 Is not going to play Second fiddle to Julio Jones.

And isn't Maze A freshmen Too?

They won't get the chance to play WR at turd ville for a while. B/C God already plays WR at Alabama.

Any kid that wants be a True # 1 Is not going to play Second fiddle to Julio Jones.

Yeah, he is, though he is a slot player. Quick, slashing type with good hands. Any WR that says he doesn't want to go somewhere where there is competition, you can have him.

The Julio plays all positions.

The Julio plays all positions.

And he can heal sick children with just a touch a his hand.

:cheer: WHO LEE OOOO :cheer: WHO LEE OOO

B)

Sic em GUS

Jonathan Evens

Donald Ford

Harris Gaston

Brandon Heavens

LaVoyd James

Jamontay Pilson

Well I thought you or RWS would not like that. But it's a fact.

ESPN has you at # 6 right now and you have 4 player's who are ranked higher than ours. That's it .

But you act like every player is better not true and I'm tired of hearing it.

ESPN has us on the cusp of a great year. And we will!!! Now that we have CGM at OC we will pull some of those so called Bama leans. B/C we can offer them PT. They won't get the chance to play WR at turd ville for a while. B/C God already plays WR at Alabama. So we are coming!!! Get ready,

And by the time you and the rest of the munchkin land boys get to the plains next fall.

Gus and CGC will have something for you to take home with you. A beat down so enjoy your streak

:roflol::roflol::roflol: And dont worry we will GIT R DUNNNN

Headline reads: Bama WAS Back!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, he pretty much was the WR corp in 2008.

Well, he pretty much was the WR corp in 2008.

and he did it with a broken wrist for the latter part of the season and a messed up shoulder for probably half of the season. he had surgery i think last week for his wrist....BJ Scott had surgery as well, he had a torn meniscus all season. both came out of surgery fine and are already back in class.

Yeah, he is, though he is a slot player. Quick, slashing type with good hands. Any WR that says he doesn't want to go somewhere where there is competition, you can have him.

for that matter, if you look at comments from some of the better WRs they will tell you they would like to go somewhere with another bigtime receiver because if you are the only threat you get all the double coverage, etc. when you have multiple threats then the coverage spreads and you can make some plays. also, Maze is a redshirt freshman. very quick guy and gets open pretty well usually on a deep slant or post route except JPW overthrows him most times.

I think Earl Alexander could be an EXCELLENT WR, but sadly he's had injury issues since he's been here.

If he can stay healthy, he'll be our starter opposite Julio. If not, I think Darius Hanks will be the guy splitting time with one of our incoming freshmen (hopefully Patterson or Randle).

Maze will continue to be the slot guy, but if we also get Bumphis (prolly goin to Ole Miss or UF), he'll get some reps in there as well.

BJ Scott will be a DB by spring practice.

I think Earl Alexander could be an EXCELLENT WR, but sadly he's had injury issues since he's been here.

If he can stay healthy, he'll be our starter opposite Julio. If not, I think Darius Hanks will be the guy splitting time with one of our incoming freshmen (hopefully Patterson or Randle).

Maze will continue to be the slot guy, but if we also get Bumphis (prolly goin to Ole Miss or UF), he'll get some reps in there as well.

BJ Scott will be a DB by spring practice.

Well your way off topic and on the wrong damn thread. And if you want to talk about your recruits!

There's a place for you two turds to do it. Au nation even supplies you two goober's with a place to do it !

The rivals recruiting board , Use it

Archived