LSU game time?

TitanTiger

If this is a night game LSU will kick AU's ass.

We are playing in Auburn, Auburn is tough at home at night and the crowd will be pumped to no end!! I give the edge to Auburn. It pretty much has been a win for the home team the last 5 years!

No offense, but I don't think the W-L is as impressive as you might think.

2007 - beat KSU and Bama and Ole Miss. Lost to USF.

2006 - beat WSU and Florida

2005 - beat South Carolina, lost to GT

2004 - no night games

2003 - Beat Tennessee and Bama, lost to Ole Miss and USC

2002 - Beat Syracuse

That is all I remember because I did not follow Auburn football beforehand.

So in the last 6 years, we are 9-4. I wouldn't necessarily say we are "tough" at home at night. I agree the crowd will be pumped. But I don't think it is any different from day games or road games in terms of how good we are. I will admit that we do play well against better competition at night (we seem to lose more often to lesser talent at night, with the exception of maybe USC).

The later the game, the bigger the home field advantage. Anyone who attended the 2006 game vs. :uf: (not the only recent example, just the best one) knows that, at least against top competition, playing at night (vs. afternoon) is a MAJOR plus for Auburn. "Saturday Night in Death Valley" has nothing on "Saturday Night at Jordan-Hare."

WAR EAGLE!!!

:au:

I agree it is a plus and the fans are very much into the game. It is an advantage to be the home team for a night game, especially at a place like Jordan Hare.

I am glad that we went and got the satellite TV for the tailgate!!! If the game is at night it is going to be a long day of tailgating!!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!

We are playing in Auburn, Auburn is tough at home at night and the crowd will be pumped to no end!! I give the edge to Auburn. It pretty much has been a win for the home team the last 5 years!

2004 - no night games

2002 - Beat Syracuse

So in the last 6 years, we are 9-4. I wouldn't necessarily say we are "tough" at home at night. I agree the crowd will be pumped. But I don't think it is any different from day games or road games in terms of how good we are. I will admit that we do play well against better competition at night (we seem to lose more often to lesser talent at night, with the exception of maybe USC).

in 03 the USC game was a day game because we all wondered if the heat would have an effect and I still have my sunburn from that game, lol. And Im pretty sure the Ole Miss game was as well since this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Auburn_Tigers_football_team) shows both games were CBS that year.

in 03 the USC game was a day game because we all wondered if the heat would have an effect and I still have my sunburn from that game, lol. And Im pretty sure the Ole Miss game was as well since this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Auburn_Tigers_football_team) shows both games were CBS that year.

Both the USC and Ole Miss games of 2003 started in the afternoon and ended at night - kinda like the Georgia game of 2004 and Iron Bowl of 2005.

From what I remember, I think we are something like 20-5 or 20-6 at night at home with Tuberville. I won't put a whole lot of stock into statistics, but I will say that I like our chances against the corndogs better at home and at night than in the afternoon. Everyone who was there in 2006 for Fla knows how unbelievable that crowd was. It felt like we were literally cheering them to the victory.

Ryan

The later the game, the bigger the home field advantage. Anyone who attended the 2006 game vs. :uf: (not the only recent example, just the best one) knows that, at least against top competition, playing at night (vs. afternoon) is a MAJOR plus for Auburn. "Saturday Night in Death Valley" has nothing on "Saturday Night at Jordan-Hare."

WAR EAGLE!!!

I should add a qualifier: Maybe it was just me, but that '05 game vs. GT (8:00 CST) was probably too late. If you got there early, like I did, that was a long day; by the time the game finally started, especially with the heat during the day, much of the excitement (at least the way I saw it) had died down.

That said, 6:45 CST is just right. Bring on the corndogs!!

2004 - no night games

2002 - Beat Syracuse

USC was a 6pm ET kickoff and you were right - Ole Miss was a 3:30ET kickoff. I guess the two games kicked off during the day and ended at night (I only recall the finishes and I just remember sitting with my church group after the Ole Miss game stunned and pissed and not going home until about 10 or 11pm because I should not have been driving). The Ole Miss game may or may not have ended at night - I just want to forget that as much as possible, but I know I won't.

But I would say you are right - I stand corrected.

USC was a 6pm ET kickoff and you were right - Ole Miss was a 3:30ET kickoff. I guess the two games kicked off during the day and ended at night (I only recall the finishes and I just remember sitting with my church group after the Ole Miss game stunned and pissed and not going home until about 10 or 11pm because I should not have been driving). The Ole Miss game may or may not have ended at night - I just want to forget that as much as possible, but I know I won't.

I still wonder to this day why we never gave Big Brandon Jacobs two shots from the 2 yard line to punch it in. No one on that Ole Miss team would have stopped him.

I still wonder to this day why we never gave Big Brandon Jacobs two shots from the 2 yard line to punch it in. No one on that Ole Miss team would have stopped him.

I was thinking the same thing. why run the same passing play two times in a row when we have a monster that could have made it in without any blockers.

2004 - no night games

2002 - Beat Syracuse

I meant against LSU, never said anything about other teams. We have won that at least the last 3 home games against LSU and they have won the last 3 down there. That is what I meant.

9-19-02 at Mississippi State (Thur.) WON 42-14

This was definitely a night game that wasn't on that list. This was the game that Corso went through the TV when CTT went for a fake FG on 4th down to score another TD.

9-19-02 at Mississippi State (Thur.) WON 42-14

This was definitely a night game that wasn't on that list. This was the game that Corso went through the TV when CTT went for a fake FG on 4th down to score another TD.

Even though he retracts what he meant, he was referring to home games. That was a road game.

And the LSU/AU winner has gone to the home team since 2000. The last road team to win was the victory cigar game in Baton Rouge in '99

Archived