Auburn changing approach for QB rotation

Justin5

but I can't help but see Kodi as Dameyune Craig, part II.

If this means Chris Todd = Patrick Nix, then we won't be in too bad of shape. Nix was a gamer!

I am terrified about Todd starting for us against USM. Not because he won't play good - he probably will. I am terrified that CTF will start him Saturday, see that he does good , and use that for an excuse to start him the rest of the year. And leave Kodi in as a backup. Todd is CTF's favorite, and I'm just afraid that he'll use that to leave him in all year. I too, think Kodi is the better overall quarterback. No, I'm not a coach, or have I ever played quarterback, but I can't help but see Kodi as Dameyune Craig, part II.

So...you're terrified that Todd will play well against USM and thus earn playing time? Excuse me if I fail to see the logic there.

Personally, I don't give a damn whether it's Todd, Burns, Caudle, or whoever that plays QB as long as we win. Shouldn't this be about what's best for the team, and not which QB a bunch of armchair internet QB's like best?

No, to repeat myself, I am not terrified that Todd will play well against USM. I am terrified that he will earn the starter's position and keep Kodi from getting it. Maybe it should be about what's best for the team, but in my opinion, Kodi is best for the team. (Notice, I said "my opinion"). Got it?

Yes, I got it. It's quite clear from your posts. You are afraid that Todd will play well enough to earn the job and will play over Burns, and you don't want that to happen because you like Burns better and want him to play. You like Burns better, and that's fine. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

To which I'll say once again - personally, my opinion is that I don't care who plays QB as long as we win.

Archived