Pre-game video

wardameagl

I wasn't able to attend the game Saturday but my sister did and said that the pregame video was lame and everyone was kind of puzzled at how "flat" it fell......looking at videos on youtube will show you that some people have a good "ear" for piecing music and highlights together and some don't......if the video is as bad as everyone seems to say I hope they change it because I always felt that our entire pregame (band coming out to their own video, then doing their thing, the eagle and the videos) were top notch and were a great way to get everyone pumped up.

i really think it was the song. the highlights were great, bringing back some of our most memorable moments. i was really pumped until the song came on.

the other one right before kickoff was pretty cool... i thought it would have been even better if the team was using lines from the auburn creed instead of what they were saying... but even so i thought that one was good.

I did love the band's much like Tiger, eh. I think it is cool that our band has a pre-game video.

Yes, but how cool is it that the band's intro video is more exciting (and intimidating . . . ??) than the football team's . . . ??

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was flat and uninspiring. That song is terrible.

The band video is excellent though. And the pre-kickoff video is decent, but the one the team comes out to is crap.

AU.Tiger.96 already has better videos on the web. Imagine what he could do with the resources from the athletics archives.

I was hoping it would be changed for the Southern Miss game.

I was dissapointed when I saw it was the same video. It has to be changed before the LSU game. Although the crowd won't need any help getting pumped up, but a new entrance video would put the excitement over the top!

Does anybody know what we can do?

I'm emailing CTT

I'm emailing CTT

I did the same thing a little earlier today. I don't think he'll probably read it, he may glance at the subject line though.

edit: What do you know, he did read it.

I agree. The band video is AUsome! Really exciting. Then the football video - sad - and it IS the music that makes it so bad. The actual video footage is good. As a musician I find it interesting that everyone seems so dissapointed with the music. Music has such a profound affect on emotions - I am really surprised at the music they selected for this year - YUK. They should have run this by on a test audience before choosing it as the entrance video for this year. Who can we contact, and haven't they changed the entrance videos before?

I agree. The band video is AUsome! Really exciting. Then the football video - sad - and it IS the music that makes it so bad. The actual video footage is good. As a musician I find it interesting that everyone seems so dissapointed with the music. Music has such a profound affect on emotions - I am really surprised at the music they selected for this year - YUK. They should have run this by on a test audience before choosing it as the entrance video for this year. Who can we contact, and haven't they changed the entrance videos before?

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50702

Kirk Simpson - Director of Media Relations

sampska@auburn.edu

334-844-9800

do we know who is responsible for making that video, or picking that song. I'm sure Auburn had to approve it before it was put into action. Who comes up with the song anyways?

Yeah, I got to see the video in person at the USM game. That song is just not a good one to get the crowd pumped up. It also helps that it is a song that is widely known. I found out that I was not the only person who had to ask what the name of song was and who sings it. When the video was done, an older gentleman in front of me asked "Is that all?" and then when "Welcome to the Jungle" started blaring right before kickoff, even that 70 year old man said "That is more like it". :lol:

You can't go wrong with Crazy Train, Eye of the Tiger, or Welcome to the Jungle. Any three and you get the crowd going nuts.

Archived