Biggest Surprise Today?

DKW 86

lets face it ,Bama beat the hell out of a team that was ranked a lot higher than the team that it took overtime for us to beat in a bowl game. No need to hide behind false hopes, Saban is for real along with his recruits.

this statement is incredibly defeatist and ridiculous. bama looked good tonight for sure but they took advantage of absolutely MISERABLE play in every stage of the clemson game. both lines were awful, clemson's secondary was confused on 9 out of 10 plays, and as i've already said, worst tackling ever. i fully expect bama to be 4-0 by the uga game. we'll see who they are in that one.

it is entirely possible that they are good and they're further along than anyone expected, but it's not time to worry yet. i do not see enough talent on that team to handle their schedule. i could be absolutely incorrect, but i'm just going to wait and see.

clemson, on the other hand, is in for an absolutely miserable season if they play like that. they quit before they even started.

yeah, i mean in NO way was our D the reason for them playing poorly. we did not force them to play poorly, they just came in and said "look guys we're just going to let you win this thing". they just let us win and all we had to do was show up. the same defense that returns most of its starters from last season (a top 10 defense) just said "you guys run it wherever you want, we'll give it to you". but hey, you guys can't pass to save your lives against ULM with your heralded new spread offense and you are on track to win the SEC and BCS!

Is there really much of a reason to pass when you run for 350 yards? What do you want? People here to just all of the sudden be in awe that Alabama blew out someone they weren't supposed to beat? We've beaten somewhere around 10 of the last top 15 teams we've faced. Alabama's beaten Clemson and an overrated Florida team in 2005, I don't think we have to explain why we think we have the ability to win the SEC or get to the BCS, we're at that level, granted we did not throw the ball well at all tonight but I'm pretty sure that can be brought under control and was more of a fluke then anything else. I'll say it since you're begging for attention on the Auburn board for your schools win, congratulations, you guys looked good for what bit I got to see.

with how bad you guys dogged us about how horrible Clemson was going to make us look, what did you expect? i didn't come here looking for attention on the win, as everybody knows i'm one of the first to congratulate AU when yall beat us and i am here just as quick and vocal win, lose, or draw about any game. if you think the switch to the run was planned, i think you are mistaken. in CTF's interviews he pretty much said the play was crappy. with the Borges offense, how many times did Brandon Cox go 13/27 85 yards 1 TD and 1 INT? you guys have been saying yourselves about how the team has had aaaaaaaall of the offseason to perfect the new offense. if they could beat Clemson after only a week or so of prep, the offense would be hell on wheels come the '08 season. why is the passing performance NOW a "fluke"? especially with all-world QB Kodi Burns?

you are being an absolute a**hole. you need to take a break.

meh, its 4AM and i can't sleep. don't get all upset because you can't handle somebody telling you like it is.

i don't care what your excuse is, you went way off the deep end and attacked the hell out of auburn after what i said, which was ridiculous considering i in no way put down bama. clemson played like a powder puff football team. believe me or don't, i couldn't care any less.

I just think you care way too much about what Auburn fans think, there's no other reason for why you post as much here as you do. If you really cared only about Alabama you would post on an Alabama board, and wouldn't get so up in arms at some of the fans here being homers to their team. I want you to be honest though, do you really think Auburn is going to pass for around 80 yards average per game? I know and you know that it was a fluke, Auburn always comes out slow, I don't think this year will be any different. Alabama by comparison has always come out fast, but I don't think Alabama is going to trail off that much this year if at all. I think Alabama's got a damn good football team and the truth is I'm glad we're playing them as our last game because I don't think we would beat them today, or in the next few weeks, but trying to say Auburn is going to not be in contention for the SEC or the BCS simply because we had some trouble passing the ball in our first game of the year is foolish.

lets face it ,Bama beat the hell out of a team that was ranked a lot higher than the team that it took overtime for us to beat in a bowl game. No need to hide behind false hopes, Saban is for real along with his recruits.

Let's face this: Game one of this year's season ain't got nothing to do with game 13 of last year's. If it did then we should all just give LSU another trophy...the false hopes comment makes you smell like a bammer :puke: -Please remember that Saban and his army of world beaters are still 0-0 in the SEC so who gives a rip especially since they were 4-0 last year when they started playing to their true level of talent.

PC, before you get all giddy about Nutt and the Rebels, check the stat sheet. That defense gave up a lot of yards to Memphis and 24 points, looks like shoot outs the rest of the way for nail biting cheerleader.

I'm not buyin' that pig in a poke. They still have a lot to prove. That said, it was a great win for the Bamars.

:au::homer:

I just think you care way too much about what Auburn fans think, there's no other reason for why you post as much here as you do. If you really cared only about Alabama you would post on an Alabama board, and wouldn't get so up in arms at some of the fans here being homers to their team. I want you to be honest though, do you really think Auburn is going to pass for around 80 yards average per game? I know and you know that it was a fluke, Auburn always comes out slow, I don't think this year will be any different. Alabama by comparison has always come out fast, but I don't think Alabama is going to trail off that much this year if at all. I think Alabama's got a damn good football team and the truth is I'm glad we're playing them as our last game because I don't think we would beat them today, or in the next few weeks, but trying to say Auburn is going to not be in contention for the SEC or the BCS simply because we had some trouble passing the ball in our first game of the year is foolish.

Just as a reminder.....SPUAT started out fast last year, and you see what happened. I am attaching the schedule and results from 2007, in case anyone forgot.

2007 Football Schedule and Results

DATE OPPONENT RESULT

September 1 Western Carolina W 52-6

September 8 at Vanderbilt W 24-10

September 15 No. 16 Arkansas W 41-38

September 22 No. 22 Georgia L 26-23

September 29 at Florida State L 21-14

October 6 Houston W 30-24 4-2 (2-1)

October 13 at Mississippi W 27-24

October 20 No. 21 Tennessee W 41-17

November 3 No. 3 LSU L 41-34

November 10 at Mississippi State L 17-12

November 17 Louisiana-Monroe L 21-14

November 24 at No. 25 Auburn L 17-10

December 30 vs Colorado W 30-24

Saban always starts hot. Its the later part of the season when the nerves of his players get thin we'll see how they fair. Today Bama wins I'm just waiting to play them later. I know this has been my saying all year long, but anyone notice the 04 comparison of a opening UL monroe shutout... WDE!!!

Archived