Sickening

Eagle-1

I'm the symbolic type, so here is why I'm not worried...

Lee Corso picked Auburn to win the SEC (or maybe the SEC West...I dunno, I missed when he actually did it). I know, kiss of death and all, but the last time Corso picked Auburn to win the SEC was 2004.

We played ULM. The last time we played ULM was 2004.

We opened with ULM. The last time we opened with ULM was 2004.

We beat our opening opponent 34-0. We beat ULM, our opening opponent, 34-0. The last time we beat our opening opponent 34-0 was 2004, when we beat ULM 34-0.

So you all can talk about your concern about the passing yards, and how ULM moved the ball a bit too easily early. Me...I'm just wishing we could struggle to blow out The Citadel in about three weeks.

Not to ruin your point, but wasn't the 2004 ULM game 31-0?

Seriously???? Man, I was sure it was 34-0. (Just checked...you are right). Anyway, what's a field goal between friends? Close enough.

Thanks for pointing that out. If we lose a game this season, I blame you. Of course, this could mean that we are 3 points better than the 2004 team. I could tolerate that.

I'm the symbolic type, so here is why I'm not worried...

Lee Corso picked Auburn to win the SEC (or maybe the SEC West...I dunno, I missed when he actually did it). I know, kiss of death and all, but the last time Corso picked Auburn to win the SEC was 2004.

We played ULM. The last time we played ULM was 2004.

We opened with ULM. The last time we opened with ULM was 2004.

We beat our opening opponent 34-0. We beat ULM, our opening opponent, 34-0. The last time we beat our opening opponent 34-0 was 2004, when we beat ULM 34-0.

So you all can talk about your concern about the passing yards, and how ULM moved the ball a bit too easily early. Me...I'm just wishing we could struggle to blow out The Citadel in about three weeks.

Not to ruin your point, but wasn't the 2004 ULM game 31-0?

Seriously???? Man, I was sure it was 34-0. (Just checked...you are right). Anyway, what's a field goal between friends? Close enough.

Thanks for pointing that out. If we lose a game this season, I blame you. Of course, this could mean that we are 3 points better than the 2004 team. I could tolerate that.

Sorry hate being the know it all - I just had watched the HFS DVD the other day, and heard lots of people talking about the 2004 ULM game.

Yeah, and 2004 we had a senior backfield. This year? Not so much. We don't even have a starting QB. Not saying that I don't have faith, but comparing this team to 2004 is perhaps a little premature?

I'm not worried. The passing game will be much better next week. The running game will be fine, and yes..........Auburn took care of business. I expect a much better result next week in tems of balance.

I said we are in trouble, and dont cll me junior,sonny.

300 yards rushing, and we're in trouble? Please explain.... You know, supposedly the most improvement comes between the first and second games, or so they say. So your analysis seems a bit premature.

:au::homer:

I didn't see our Julio....I mean, Frenchy

maybe I missed him switching channels

Tore his knee up, perhaps. Waiting for the MRI....

Thank you Paul Rhoads.

WAR EAGLE

Agree!

Just a thought or two.

Did any of you see Pitt's 27-17 fizzle against Bowling Green yesterday? I would say they miss Paul Rhoads. I'm glad hes at AU.

Another thought.

Did you know that last year La Monroe held Troy to their 2nd lowest point total? Troy won 24-7.

Their lowest total was against Western Kentucky, Troy won 21-17.

They scored 34 against UGA.

They scored 26 against Arksansas.

They scored 31 against Florida.

They beat Oklahoma State 41-23.

Oh well just a lot of meaningless crud to throw in the pot. <_<

WAR EAGLE!

I didn't know, missed the first minutes of the game. I was out buying plywood for Mr Gustav. Hope he's o.k. I was looking foward to seeing him

Best of luck with Gustav...looks like he's turning west and may miss the Alabama coast now. I have lots of friends/relatives in Mobile and South Baldwin County and will keep you all in my prayers.

As for the thread topic: The only "sickening" thing to me was a little heartburn from watching Bama have its way with Clemson on one TV while simultaneously watching our passing game struggle on the other set. I think both were first game flukes, however. We'll look better, Bama will look more average in the future.

My sympathies to PPL, I think he'll be a standout. But I'd rather have a true freshman forced into a medical redshirt year than have lost Kodi to something more serious than a cut. We need Kodi!--Todd did nothing to impress me.

With all the money made from the broadcast you think they could invest in something better than a Pansonic Video camera mounted on a tripod. It sounded as if they were speaking with my daughters Hannah Montana karaoke machine. Not to mention the Directv feed only missed the 1st qtr.

With all the money made from the broadcast you think they could invest in something better than a Pansonic Video camera mounted on a tripod. It sounded as if they were speaking with my daughters Hannah Montana karaoke machine. Not to mention the Directv feed only missed the 1st qtr.

My thoughts exactly - worst A-V experience in terms of quality I have ever purchased.

My thoughts exactly - worst A-V experience in terms of quality I have ever purchased.

Yep. I guess that $29.95 goes straight into salaries and not into purchasing decent equipment. I guess it was better then nothing, though not much better.

Oh, BTW....the original intent of this thread was just plain idiotic.

ESPN360 Was free! I got my monies worth!

Folks we are in trouble. Offense is pitiful.

Wow. Squealing like a little girl. Calm down.

I like-a do da cha cha.... :rolleyes:

Sound was bad...worst AU pay for view broadcast of all-time....thought it was my tv but I guess not....next time it's the radio and I'll use my imagination like 1993, unless I get a refund....

Sound was bad...worst AU pay for view broadcast of all-time....thought it was my tv but I guess not....next time it's the radio and I'll use my imagination like 1993, unless I get a refund....

The greatest team never seen.

I stood there last night and heard this same BS from the guys behind me of course I have been hearing it from them for the past 4 or more years and I stand on the ramps. The first game is ALWAYS vanilla as s*it. U guys did watch the Peach Bowl last year the difference was amazing could u NOT tell that the peach bowl had a lot going on and was much more fast than yesterday. IT WAS LA MONROE not LSU or UGA I mean we really have to stop freaking out after the first game. Yeah the passing lacked but at least the QBs didn't throw 5 inteceptions. IT COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE we could have lost to them like Bama did, so sit back relax and enjoy what the season may bring! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!

ok,ok,ok, I'll retract the sickening part,bad choice of words I guess. I will go with Franklin's assessment and just say we stunk. Bad coaching and preparation in my opinion. I think Burns should be no.1,and lets see if we can establish some rythm with the "O." The offense just seemed totally out of sync.we ran the ball well,but we wont be able to run like that in the coming weeks without a better passing attack. I hope we drastically improve very fast. I am not usually a doomsday prophet,but we looked very ill prepared to play last night...at least on the offensive side. PS. I love auburn as much as any of you,and have been a life long fan(since the sixties). I apologize if I offended anyone with my topic,or post,but there is no need to hide behind your keyboard and call me names. Now if you feel that you just cant help yourself, I'll tell you how to find me and you can man up at your discretion.

I said we are in trouble, and dont cll me junior,sonny.

Ok, Douchenozzle.

THAT'S MY WORD!!!!!!

I stood there last night and heard this same BS from the guys behind me of course I have been hearing it from them for the past 4 or more years and I stand on the ramps. The first game is ALWAYS vanilla as s*it. U guys did watch the Peach Bowl last year the difference was amazing could u NOT tell that the peach bowl had a lot going on and was much more fast than yesterday. IT WAS LA MONROE not LSU or UGA I mean we really have to stop freaking out after the first game. Yeah the passing lacked but at least the QBs didn't throw 5 inteceptions. IT COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE we could have lost to them like Bama did, so sit back relax and enjoy what the season may bring! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!

Vanilla is one thing, lack of execution is another. Tony Frankin even said that the offense stunk. We'll see improvement next week, I hope.

Seriously... we won the game in a shut out. Sure, there are some kinks to be worked out, and things that need improving, but words like "stink" and "sickening" are beyond exaggeration. Suck it up and be proud of our team on a great opening game!

WAR EAGLE!

I personally am sickened by the name of this thread!

I come home from work and I have to listen to this whining!

300 yards rushing! And you were worried about our running game disappearing, if we had 400 yards passing, you would be bitching about the rushing yards. We had a limited package, why show our hand to the tigers in the bayou? I Say WAR DAMN EAGLE! Great Job on Defense!

He's right. Who are we, Alabama?

Archived