TV Questions about ULM game

BamaFanOnBeach

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gameplan is really good but we got it the week before last years :om: game and it was blacked out.

Not only that but all other :sec: games that year.

We just bought the game pay per view but that was $35.

I though games are blacked out only in the state where the game is being play. Guess I heard wrong. Thanks for the info.

I have DirecTv in TN and I know that the game is available on the gameplan but my question is can you order just the weekend or do you have to do the entire season? Seems like I was able to order just the weekend in years past but I do not see that option anywhere. If you can order just the weekend how much is it?

I GUESS THOSE OF US OUTSIDE ALABAMA WITH COMCAST ARE OUT OF LUCK, EH?

Why? Is ESPN GamePlan not offered by Comcast?

not sure about tv but espn gameplan/espn 360 can only be accessed here in knoxville by verison, at least online. that's why i thought i was being left out.

If your internet provider has ESPN 360.. then you can watch it for free on espn360.com as well as a ton of other games. ESPN 360 allowed me to watch all of Auburn's games last year.

In the case your internet service provider does NOT carry ESPN360 (like Brighthouse), go to www.channelsurfing.net to watch those college football games.

Ok, we all know the problem. AU vs. ULM is not televised, and it is the first game of the season.

I called Charter and asked about GamePlan which will televise the game in Tenn. I can add it for $109 at anytime between now and Thursday. After that the price goes up about $20.

I can have it billed in 4 equal monthly installments.

Further, within 30 days of the first broadcast, I can cancel GamePlan and pay only the initial monthly payment.

Ethical dilemma here.

Does anyone know the chances of AU's other patsy games being on GP?

Sounds like we can pay $27.25 and see the AU game and the next 3 wks of GP before canceling. This sounds like a pretty good option.

Any thoughts? I hope this helps some of you out-of-staters.

P.S. - I see that the West Virginia - Villanova game will be on GP this week along with UGA/GaSouthern.

I am in GA and I have Directv. Does anyone know if I can get the game this Saturday?

I can smell the Jim Beam's in the air right now, it gives me chills to think we are about to start up again. WDE to all and lets take the west and beat UGA twice this year or just whoever makes it to the SEC Championship!!!! :au:

geez....read a few threads before you post. We have like 4 threads already discussing this...Most of them are probably on the front page too...

I know its not like watching it live but don't forget about the replays on Sundays. I don't have a tv in front of me atm but earlier today I setup the tivo to record the game at something like 5 est....on FSN maybe?

Am I the only one that thinks it is odd that watching games on ESPN360 is based on whether or not your cable company provides it? Isn't this supposed to be internet television? Am I missing something here? I can't watch ESPN360 live because Comcast doesn't cover it in Atlanta. This just seems very odd, and if true, stupid.

I would like to see more threads about tv, and the best ways to watch the game, and other information readily available on the internet with a 3 minute google search. Is that possible before tomorrow's game. I'm thinking at a minimum we should have 4 more threads related JUST to tv. Someone please start one.

BTW...the coverage map for tomorrow's game is up:

louisiana_monroe_at_auburn.jpg

I would like to see more threads about tv, and the best ways to watch the game, and other information readily available on the internet with a 3 minute google search. Is that possible before tomorrow's game. I'm thinking at a minimum we should have 4 more threads related JUST to tv. Someone please start one.

BTW...the coverage map for tomorrow's game is up:

louisiana_monroe_at_auburn.jpg

I guess these TV threads are quite boring to those of us who already have service or are going to the game. Their biggest problem is how many dpi's their nuclear laser microvision IMAX satellite receiver with expanded matrix and dipolar positive screen has, and the inverse dynamic glare ratio at a 20 degree angle transverse to the declination of the Sun with moderate to light cumulus cloud cover.

For those of us with analog RBG TV set-ups the switch to someway to see our NEW OFFENSE and NEW DEFENSE playing THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON against a TEAM WHO BEAT BAMMER LAST YEAR is worth the pondering.

I went high tech - ordered the digital upgrade w/ sportsview and gameplan. My install was Wednesday afternoon - my afternoon off. They didn't show because my install was canceled "administratively" at 8:30 that morning. The best they could do was Saturday! After much effort Saturday became yesterday before the games started. Charter is the worst business in business, but I did get a year of free HBO for my trouble.

So, I'm sorry this is overkill to some of you, but please just ignore it and let us technophobes splatter the board with our ignorance, anxiety, timidity and anticipation.

That said, I may just jump off of my desk and end it all! - Oops, I'd miss the game - never mind. :cheer:

WAR EAGLE!

So, are you saying that the game will be on Gameplan in Tenn? ;) Or would you prefer I start my own thread?

New thread ;)

I don't mind the questions...tv is one of my favorite hobbies and I post reguarly on some AV message boards, and I'm most happy to contribute. I'm just saying the creation of new threads devoted to it is done quite flipantly.

I guess there are multiple ways to watch this weekend's game on tv. I think this is what people probably need to know :

Cable in AL / LA :

Cable outside AL / LA :

Direct TV / Dish :

I know the ESPN Gameplan / PPV thing varies based on which state you reside in. And then the Direct TV has extra games as well. But I think if someone is willing to fill in the above information, all questions will be answered.

I think I am just going to the Bucket Shop in Atlanta because it makes things easier (cheaper) for someone like myself. That is if I choose not to run down to Auburn.

But perhaps we should just have a "Sticky" with the above information.

New thread ;)

I don't mind the questions...tv is one of my favorite hobbies and I post reguarly on some AV message boards, and I'm most happy to contribute. I'm just saying the creation of new threads devoted to it is done quite flipantly.

Well, if is is a different topic and the existing threads have run their course, it is doubtful that enough folks would read the new question.

Here's what dictionary.com says about flippant with flippantly being an adverb:

1. frivolously disrespectful, shallow, or lacking in seriousness; characterized by levity: The audience was shocked by his flippant remarks about patriotism.

Hell, we are chronically disrespectful but still as serious as a fourth heart attack. What does it matter - shallow or deep - when you have water wings???

I don't believe those threads are nearly as flippant as this post! Call me wrong?? :thumbsup:

I just heard that the game would be blacked out on DirecTV. Anybody heard the news about Comcast?

I was going to order GAMEPLAN today but if I can't see our boys play the first game then I might have to veto my initial decision...

Thanks

I just heard that the game would be blacked out on DirecTV. Anybody heard the news about Comcast?

No I haven't. What is it?? :poke:

And thanks for starting this thread.

What state are you in?

A sticky would probably be good...

When I look back and find no less than 1 thread devoted to tv for 5 pages straight, its a clue that there should be a better method for organizing this, and probably helpful for everyone.

Archived