Loudest game you have been to

aubrandon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the 1990 FSU game it I don't think your childhood memory is inflating the noise. That was the loudest game I was ever at.

I have a two tier system. Tier one is for games from my childhood (I'll say pre-16) because there's a decent chance that it wasn't as loud as I remember since everything seems bigger and crazier in your memory than it really was. Tier two for games since then.

Tier one games:

1) 1989 Bama game

2) 1993 Florida game

3) 1990 FSU game

Tier two games:

1) 2002 Florida game in the Swamp

2) 2004 UGA game

3) 2001 Florida game

Loudest moment: 2003 opening handoff against the Tide.

Sadly I couldn't get to the stadium in 2006 (out of the country), and I missed the 2007 Florida game (in school further north). Sad times.

'93 Florida was, by far, the loudest.

'04 Alabama was as loud for about 30 seconds after Cadillac opened the game in style.

The loudest moment (my opinion) was the Shane Wasden catch at the end of the '89 Florida game. I would definitely put it ahead of 2 of the other games mentioned prominently that I also attended ('89 Bama and '93 Florida). I wasn't present for the '01 and '06 Florida games, so I can't compare those. If you watch a replay of the Wasden catch, you'll notice that during the extra point, the goalpost uprights are shaking. I also remember Emmitt Smith pounding his fists into the turf and being consoled by his teammates.

After I got home from the '06 AU vs. UF game (and Toomer's), I watched it on DVR. There were points in the 3rd qtr where it was tough to hear the broadcasters over the crowd noise.

1994 Auburn Vs LSU by far!!

I was at the '05 AL\FL game, the 93', '94, 2001, '06, and '07 AU\FL games. I have been to every Iron Bowl since '86. The '94 AU\LSU games was by far the loudest game I have ever been too. In the 4th quarter i could have swore the stadium was swaying because it was so loud. After Chris Schelling and Brain Robinson's int. returns for touchdowns, It was so loud it started piercing my ears. It felt kind of like putting a blow horn up to your ear and pushing the button.

I have been to several big games at Florida Field (even in student section) and they dont come close to our student section. They were close last year against us when they started to come back, but they spend a great deal of time chomping which doesnt make much noise.

I have only been to LSU once and I refuse to talk about it. PTSD

My last trip to :uf: was in the 80s. They were :lsu: loud back then.

:lsu: was the first time I ever understood what they meant by "so loud you cant hear yourself think." When they brought the damn Tiger out, it was actually "so loud I couldn't hear myself think." Honest to God, it was that loud. It was "FG to win the 01 :uf: game" loud 5-6 times during a game in Tiger Stadium against :ua: when I was there.

What is PTSD anyway?

1994 Auburn Vs LSU by far!!

I was at the '05 AL\FL game, the 93', '94, 2001, '06, and '07 AU\FL games. I have been to every Iron Bowl since '86. The '94 AU\LSU games was by far the loudest game I have ever been too. In the 4th quarter i could have swore the stadium was swaying because it was so loud. After Chris Schelling and Brain Robinson's int. returns for touchdowns, It was so loud it started piercing my ears. It felt kind of like putting a blow horn up to your ear and pushing the button.

Yea that would have been my second choice but very close to 93 UF if not equal to it. :thumbsup:

I've been to virtually every home game since 2001. I believe the 2001 MSU game is the only one I've missed (parents went on a cruise and I didn't get to go :angry: ) I think during and after the 2003 cadillac run may have been the loudest moment I can remember. After the CT TD catch vs LSU in 2004 would be very close, but only before the first kick :). 2001 UF was loud, but I don't remember it being as loud as any of these. I and everyone in site around me was going crazy, but it was raining and I think that kept people from being as loud for some reason.

I think the 2006 LSU game may have been the loudest sustained game noise. 2006 UF was good, but not to this level. I would say UF was 2nd. We were behind for most of the game and the crowd was behind the defense basically the entire game and then there's always that punt block and the 3rd down sack by Groves that were especially loud. 2005 UAT was pretty good on the sustained noise considering we had a sack on the first play, but as usual with UAT we had that one in hand pretty early so it didn't hold up to 2006 LSU.

I've been to most of the away games in the last 3 years too, and I think people make a bigger deal out of the noise at Tiger Stadium than there is. Without a doubt in my mind the UF crowd this year was louder for longer (not just because they were loud longer) than either game at Tiger Stadium. The ones at TS were actually very quiet for the majority of both games. But the moment Vaughn's kick hit the upright, and the moment the TD pass was completed to end both games there was a roar that you really can't forget.

Loudest Football Game: 1989, LSU coming to Auburn (& losing) the year after the earthquake game

Loudest Game: an NBA game in the old Boston Garden between the Celtics & Bucks (don't remember the year; Bird, Parish & Dennis Johnson were facing Sydney Moncrief...whew was it hot too)

:au::uf: 2001 Duval kicked last second field goal to beat #1 Florida. That was Spurrier's last season there and it had been a while since he had beaten them. it rained like hell right after that game.

Ditto on that...and the 2004 LS-Who game....

:au::homer:

I'm with mowegl on the whole LSU v. Swamp thing. I do think Tiger Stadium is/was louder than Jordan-Hare, but I don't think anything compares to the Swamp. It's the only stadium that was built by an acoustics expert to hold noise... and it does. I was two rows up close enough to shake players' hands after we scored in 2002, and after they blocked Duval's game winner, that was by far the loudest I've ever heard a football stadium. The coaches were trying to gather players and no one could hear them. The huddle on the sideline was literally less than 10 feet away, Dunn was screaming his face red. I didn't hear one thing he said.

LSU is loud, but it really depends on what's happening on the field (or how drunk the crowd is). I definitely think Auburn is Death Valley's equal most of the time, but their loudest is above our loudest.

I'm with mowegl on the whole LSU v. Swamp thing. I do think Tiger Stadium is/was louder than Jordan-Hare, but I don't think anything compares to the Swamp. It's the only stadium that was built by an acoustics expert to hold noise... and it does. I was two rows up close enough to shake players' hands after we scored in 2002, and after they blocked Duval's game winner, that was by far the loudest I've ever heard a football stadium. The coaches were trying to gather players and no one could hear them. The huddle on the sideline was literally less than 10 feet away, Dunn was screaming his face red. I didn't hear one thing he said.

LSU is loud, but it really depends on what's happening on the field (or how drunk the crowd is). I definitely think Auburn is Death Valley's equal most of the time, but their loudest is above our loudest.

Boys, I just don't get this love affair with that CRAP HOLE in Gainesville. I've been there...the game we lost in OT because DD couldn't hit what amounted to an extra point, and we lost in OT...and the 15000 or so AU fans in the place were louder than the UF fans. Besides, it's a DUMP!!! It is SOOOOO overrated, IMHO... :puke:

:au::homer:

I was at every home game from the 2001 season to the 2007 season (no other ones prior).

Without any doubt - UF at AU 2006

HOME: Florida @ Auburn 2006. No contest.

AWAY: Auburn @ LSU 1995. Seems like I still hear, every other night, either "Hold that Tiger" (the tune) or "The Magic is BAAAAAACK!!!" in my dreams. Make that nightmares . . .

The AU crowd at LSU stadium 1993. <_<

They wanted white (jerseys) and got White (the Auburn QB). I was at that game, too.

I have been to several big games at Florida Field (even in student section) and they dont come close to our student section. They were close last year against us when they started to come back, but they spend a great deal of time chomping which doesnt make much noise.

I have only been to LSU once and I refuse to talk about it. PTSD

My last trip to :uf: was in the 80s. They were :lsu: loud back then.

:lsu: was the first time I ever understood what they meant by "so loud you cant hear yourself think." When they brought the damn Tiger out, it was actually "so loud I couldn't hear myself think." Honest to God, it was that loud. It was "FG to win the 01 :uf: game" loud 5-6 times during a game in Tiger Stadium against :ua: when I was there.

What is PTSD anyway?

I have never in my life had my ears ring as bad as they did after the 2005 LSU trip. I honestly could not believe how loud that place got. Even in timeouts that place still rocked. I do not know when it was the loudest. When the band entered the field and played that God awfull baam buum baam bamp or when John Vaugn missed his thirty fourth field goal in OT. :no:

AU @ Florida last year was the loudest for me. I've been to many big games in Jordan Hare and it just doesn't get as loud as it does in the swamp. It's not that the fans are louder, it's just the way that place was built.

It is the way the place was built. Plus it holds more. And whoever said it, you're crazy if you think the Auburn fans were louder than the UF fans at that game. Maybe we were louder during the comeback when we were dominating, but we were louder in Knoxville in 2004 as well. That doesn't mean the stadium doesn't get louder than all hell. After Duval missed that chip shot, it was deafening.

The loudest games I have been to at JHS are:

1993 Florida

1993 Bama

1994 LSU

By far the loudest away game I have been to was 1994 Florida.

There were some FANTASTIC games in Bowden's first two years.

Archived