Tim Hudson is the man.

WAR-MATT

Check out the last paragraph......

So there was Meyer, sitting with his son near a picnic bench in the home clubhouse with a constantly beeping Blackberry in one hand and a sparkling new baseball in the other. He had a captive audience that kept growing. There was third baseman Chipper Jones, the Florida native, with blue and orange in his blood. There was right fielder Jeff Francoeur, who almost was a Clemson Tiger in football. Mostly, there were a bunch of curious Bulldogs lovers and others with allegiances to SEC teams away from Gainesville.

Braves pitcher Tim Hudson shook his head while walking and ignoring the crowd around Meyer. “If I’m going to sit in on that powwow, I need to put on my Auburn gear,” said the former War Eagle star, still walking and ignoring.

Link

The former "War Eagle" star? Do they even have an editor there?

I don't see why everyone makes a big deal out of this. I mean I understand that we are the Tigers, but I think they do it so there is no confusion with the rest of the nation with us and LSU. And since LSU has won a few national championships lately some up north or out west might think he was talkin LSU. Either way I am not bothered by the way this was written. I honestly think it sounded better the way he put it. I mean he didn't call us the War Eagles he just said War Eagle Star which to me sounded pretty good, it kinda separates us from everyone else becuase honestly I think War Eagle is one of the best sounding and most proud battle cries to have. I liked the article...

One with a spine? No. Ol Ronnie, Furman, Mark, Jeff and crew are not really known for throwing haymakers.

I don't see why everyone makes a big deal out of this. I mean I understand that we are the Tigers, but I think they do it so there is no confusion with the rest of the nation with us and LSU. And since LSU has won a few national championships lately some up north or out west might think he was talkin LSU. Either way I am not bothered by the way this was written. I honestly think it sounded better the way he put it. I mean he didn't call us the War Eagles he just said War Eagle Star which to me sounded pretty good, it kinda separates us from everyone else becuase honestly I think War Eagle is one of the best sounding and most proud battle cries to have. I liked the article...

Sorry but I don't think anyone should EVER refer to us as the War Eagles. He could have just said "the former Auburn star". I'm sure that would have prevented any possible confusion between us and the corndogs.

Sorry stupid questions I guess, did Hudson play for Auburn?

That definitely qualifies, but yes Tim Hudson did pitch for Auburn. I believe it was in 1996 and 1997.

Ignoramuses have been doing this all my life (I'm 33, btw). We should never be referred to as the War Eagles in any way, or form there of. Our family members are not War Eagle stars, players, coke-dealing linebackers, etc. They are Tigers. and, it has nothing to do with LSU and everything to do with ignorance.

Nice comment by Timmy. I think he should've added some sort of comment about how Urban can't beat Auburn. Maybe "Hey Urban, one of the opposing coaches called a time out during my pitch the other day. I still threw the game ending strike."

I guess you guys can't read very well... I'm still not seeing where it called us the War Eagles... It says War Eagle pitcher (see there's no "s"). It just separates us from the rest. Now yes when it says the War Eagles take the field or something yeah that pisses me off but I don't think in this context it was meant the way your taking it. Get over it and find something better to complain about.

Nice comment by Timmy. I think he should've added some sort of comment about how Urban can't beat Auburn. Maybe "Hey Urban, one of the opposing coaches called a time out during my pitch the other day. I still threw the game ending strike."

:rimshot: well played sir....

I guess you guys can't read very well... I'm still not seeing where it called us the War Eagles... It says War Eagle pitcher (see there's no "s"). It just separates us from the rest. Now yes when it says the War Eagles take the field or something yeah that pisses me off but I don't think in this context it was meant the way your taking it. Get over it and find something better to complain about.

I'm asking you to stop complaining about me complaining and just get over it.

A follow up on Chipper...back in the late 1980's when we beat UF, I called him and left a "War Eagle" on the answering machine...he didn't talk to me for a week.....his dad at one time was a UF fan, but turned to FSU because the Gators would always find a way to choke....his most enjoyable saying to Chipper the the other gator fans was..."wait until next year"....

Since he said he needed to go put on his Auburn gear I don't think there will be any confussion with LSWho...and since we are the Tigers it does offend me when people get it wrong. Prime example was the smashed pennies with the sugar bowl logo from '84....the michigan wolverines and the Auburn War Eagles was how the penny read. So yes they need and editor......because that sucks....get it right or get a new job.

Only led us to Omaha....pitched and played outfield...and was one hell of a hitter.

Only led us to Omaha....pitched and played outfield...and was one hell of a hitter.

1997 concensus All-American, Rotary Smith Award winner & SEC player of the year. Had a 15-2 record (15 wins led the nation) and hit .396.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/aub/sp...8mg-History.pdf

Archived