Bo video

WAR-MATT

At around the 7:00 minute mark there is a DB from Rutgers who is actually running step for step with him for a while. Of course, Bo ended up swatting him like a fly.

MY HERO......I used to sit and stare at the T.V. as a kid and just marvel at what I was looking at. My dad would come in and ask why I was watching Auburn and not Clemson, and I told him because they don't have a Bo.......he agreed with me later on.

I've heard guys that I work with state that during a night game (baseball) against UGA he hit one into the lights. Most who saw it say it was the hardest hit ball they'd ever witnessed and it was like the scene in The Natural when Robert Redford shattered the lights and sparks fell onto the field. However, there is no footage of this happening. Has anyone else heard this same story or better yet actually see it happen?

I've heard guys that I work with state that during a night game (baseball) against UGA he hit one into the lights. Most who saw it say it was the hardest hit ball they'd ever witnessed and it was like the scene in The Natural when Robert Redford shattered the lights and sparks fell onto the field. However, there is no footage of this happening. Has anyone else heard this same story or better yet actually see it happen?

There's a similar story about his first time at BP with the Royals. Bo hit the first pitch he saw into the old waterfall, something that hadn't been done up until then even in BP. The owner yelled for someone to get him that ball just as Bo launched another one even farther than the first.....

Bo Jackson …the one …the only! :clap:

BTW, that was Deion Sanders Bo swatted like a fly. :thumbsup:

A friend of mine played 3B for Bama during that time and he had two incredibly funny stories about Bo. First was how they used to have a beer truck parked just outside the fence and some Bama fans were on top of it, giving Bo the business the whole game. During warm ups between innings, he casually turned and fired the ball like a missle into the side of the truck, sounding like a gun shot and scattering the fans.

They heckled no more.

He said Bo was having a bad day at the plate and had K'd twice and was up for the 3rd time. All the guys in the Bama dugout were holding their hats out shaking them and pulling for the "Hat trick". My friend said his Coach told em' they needed to cut that crap out if they knew what was good for em'.

Bo was not the type of player you wanted mad. He'd either cause severe bodily harm or hit the ball to the next county.

I think the story is that UGA had just put lights in their stadium and it was the first night game there. I think Bo hit two home runs and the third was a shot into the brand new lights.

I let this post sit there for a while w/out even really looking at it, thinking it was one of the usual youtube posts that no doubt makes me go from 6 to 12, but being that its june, I really didn't want to click and get myself all riled up for the upcoming year.

This was something different. Just like Bo is a different kind of human. I sat there and watched in amazement. I'm not any more, nor am I any less, excited about the upcoming season. But what I do know is that the greatest athlete ever to walk on the face of this Earth was Vincent Bo Jackson. And he played for Auburn University and that is a very special thing.

Het Stat, how many runs of 40 or more did Bo have at Auburn. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure about 40 or more but according to the media guide he had 6 of 60 or more.

80 - vs. Florida 1983

76 - vs. Georgia Tech 1985

76 - vs. SW Louisiana 1985

71 - vs. Alabama 1983

69 - vs. Alabama 1983

67 - vs. Georgia 1985

Auburn Media Guide - Records

If is such a huge word in sports and in Bo's career. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that Bo would have broken most NFL rushing records if he would have had a full career.

Archived