What should I do at the Rapture?

CShine

Not to start a theology battle or anything, BUT since the televangelists were brought up, what are the chances of Pat Robertson and Oral Roberts gaining access into Heaven when they tell their followers that God has spoken to them and gave them messages. Oral Roberts claimed God told him to raise $10 million dollars or he'd send him to his reward. I find it hard to believe that God would stoop to extortion, but that seems to have been Oral Roberts' message. Pat Robertson routinely receives messages from God. His latest was that God told him George W. Bush would win in a landslide this fall. If he doesn't or if a Democrat wins, will Robertson admit that God didn't give him that message or will he leave us to believe God lied to him?

Jimmy Swaggart..... What needs to be said there? Ditto Jim Bakker.

And to think, there are still people who believe these tele(send me money)vangelists. The Bible warns us; "......Then if any one says to you, 'Lo, here is the Christ!' or 'There He is!' do not believe it. For False Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Lo, I have told you beforehand. So, if they say to you, 'Lo, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out; if they say, 'Lo, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it..... (Matthew 24:21-28 RSV)

For False Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Lo, I have told you beforehand. So, if they say to you, 'Lo, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out; if they say, 'Lo, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it..... (Matthew 24:21-28 RSV)

false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible,

Dude, sounds like they were talking about democrats doesn't! :o:o

So, if they say to you, 'Lo, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out; if they say, 'Lo, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.....

Whatever the demos tell you, don't believe it! :lol::lol:

For False Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Lo, I have told you beforehand. So, if they say to you, 'Lo, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out; if they say, 'Lo, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it..... (Matthew 24:21-28 RSV)

false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible,

Dude, sounds like they were talking about democrats doesn't! :o:o

So, if they say to you, 'Lo, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out; if they say, 'Lo, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.....

Whatever the demos tell you, don't believe it! :lol::lol:

Only one person will make that decision, right? I seriously can't recall any liberals going around saying that God spoke to them and told them to do certain things, but it seems to be epidemic among many of the right-wingers.

Only one person will make that decision, right? I seriously can't recall any liberals going around saying that God spoke to them and told them to do certain things, I seriously can't recall any liberals going around saying that God spoke to them and told them to do certain things,

I seriously can't recall any liberals going around saying that God spoke to them and told them to do certain things,

How many liberals even acknowledge the existance of God?

but it seems to be epidemic among many of the right-wingers.

And it seems to be epidemic of the liberal left-wingers to cast all conservatives and christians into the same boat with the televangelists. Is that not what you were trying to do?

My point was tl take the Bible verse you used and say:

Whatever the demos tell you, don't believe it! :D

I believe in God, and salvation/enlightenment. I must say that nearly all current forms of organized religion turn my stomach. It's all about $$$, guilt, and fear. These are any televangelists 3 best friends.

I think it's funny...they prey on old people, while sitting in their gold chairs, with all their gold rings...and say "send us money so we can do gods work"

Archived