Bad Boys, Bad Boys...

Jenny AU-92

Bad Boys...

I LOVE creative law enforcement!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

Ohio Cops Add Twist to Booby-Trapped Car

Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police have added a musical twist to the booby-trapped car they leave out to entice would-be thieves.

The city's so-called "bait car" is now rigged to play the theme from the television show "Cops" when officers remotely disable the engine and nab the crooks.

A videotape recently shot on the car's hidden cameras shows a man hopping in the driver's seat and muttering to himself, "I got me a good one."

He drives a short distance before an officer monitoring the situation from a remote location flips a switch that disables the engine and locks the door. Then, the car's tape player can be heard blaring the reggae-inflected tune from the television show's opening credits:

"Bad boys, bad boys/Whatcha gonna do/Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"

The bait car in Columbus has caught 10 thieves in two days of use last week, Lt. Marie Ballou said.

"We only put it out there once a month or so and for about three days at a time, but it's been effective," Ballou said.

Bad Boys...

I LOVE creative law enforcement!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police have added a musical twist to the booby-trapped car they leave out to entice would-be thieves.

The city's so-called "bait car" is now rigged to play the theme from the television show "Cops" when officers remotely disable the engine and nab the crooks.

A videotape recently shot on the car's hidden cameras shows a man hopping in the driver's seat and muttering to himself, "I got me a good one."

He drives a short distance before an officer monitoring the situation from a remote location flips a switch that disables the engine and locks the door. Then, the car's tape player can be heard blaring the reggae-inflected tune from the television show's opening credits:

The bait car in Columbus has caught 10 thieves in two days of use last week, Lt. Marie Ballou said.

"We only put it out there once a month or so and for about three days at a time, but it's been effective," Ballou said.

You know it's a shock when the car shuts off and the doors lock them inside, but then playing Bad Boys over the cars radio is a brilliant touch!! All they need now is a remote camera showing the look on the thief's face when it all comes down.

You know it's a shock when the car shuts off and the doors lock them inside, but then playing Bad Boys over the cars radio is a brilliant touch!! All they need now is a remote camera showing the look on the thief's face when it all comes down.

I usually don't agree with you, but that would be PRICELESS! :lol::lol:

Bad Boys...

I LOVE creative law enforcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!  B)

Associated Press

Sometimes you confuse us. I would have thought that you would have issues with the emotional trama created by the locking of the doors and then the traumatic blaring of the music. ;)

Archived