Places to live?

TrueTiger

I know this doesn't have anything to do with football but I thought I would get more responses on this board.

I am moving to Auburn in May. I was wondering if anyone knew of some nice places?

I need a 2 bedroom 2 bath.

I am looking at the exchange right now. I love it and thinking about living there but I want to look some more first.

www.notthedorm.com is the exchange's site.

WARR EAGLE

I lived in AU for 2 years.... I lived in a trailor, though. There are your places like the College Park's and Sterling, but to me those places are pretty run down...especially College Park. I don't know the names of the places but they just put up several new apartment complexes around AU...if you want a newer, nicer place I would suggest checking those out!

Are you going to be a student? I know that is probably a dumb question but its always possible for someone to move to Auburn to be taking a job. The only reason I ask that is cause I know if I was comming to Auburn to work I don't know if I would want to live in a place that had a high student population due to the hours that alot of students can keep and the partying on any possible night.

I did the trailor thing myself this year just cause I was able to get a two bedroom with dishwasher and washer and dryer for the same price as a one bedroom without them. Some of the advantages of it are you have garbage pick-up, your own driveway, more space for the money, noone living on top, below or connected to you, you can have pets, and the place is actually nicer than alot of the one bedroom apartments.

There are alot of duplexes in Auburn also, which I would chose over apartments. You do have a person living on one side of you but alot of them offer washer and dryer and have garbage pick up and of course driveways and backyards.

There has been a real boom of apartment complexes being built in the last two years though.

Guest AuNuma1

I lived at Golfview Apartments for a little while after I graduated and they opened up in July of 2002...if you can afford it, they are really nice. They're on the golf course too (Auburn Links).

Golfview (The picture shown aren't the real apartments.)

Yes I will be a student. I don't like college park. I have friends that stay over there and people are always over ther doing drugs and getting arrested which isn't cool. I looked at golfview and they are nice. The exchange is $439 a month for 2 bed 2 bath. I might need to go down to au and look at golfview. Right now, I'm deciding between Sweetwater and The Exchange.

Here are the amenities:

Interior Luxuries

Fully furnished

Ceramic tile front entry

Full-sized washers and dryers

Energy-efficient double paned windows

Mini blinds

Energy-efficient (all electric) heating and

air conditioning

Ceiling fans in bedrooms

Fire sprinkler system

Intrusion alarm

Covered private patios or terraces

Telephone outlets in each bedroom

Multiple phone outlets in kitchens

Multiple outlets for high-speed data transmission

and Internet access

FREE Ethernet

FREE extended cable with HBO

Community Advantages

Gated entry and exit with remote access entry

Covered parking

Lush landscaping throughout the community

Bus stop for Tiger Transit student shuttle

Extra storage rooms available

24-hour, professional onsite maintenance

Bed and Bath Beauty

Custom-styled wire closet shelving

Mirrored wardrobe doors

Individual bathrooms

Built-in linen storage in bathrooms**

Fun and Fitness

Resort-style swimming pool with water volleyball and tanning bed

24-hour computer room with high speed Internet access

Private study rooms

Clubroom with kitchen, fireplace and big screen TV

24-hour, state-of-the-art fitness center complete with stereo system and television

Game room with pool tables

Lighted basketball court

Sand volleyball courts

Bicycle racks

Picnic areas

Barbecue grills

Open air cabana

Kitchen Conveniences

Designer white-on-white name brand appliances

Frost-free refrigerators with ice makers

Electric ranges

Full-size, built-in microwave ovens

Multi-cycle dishwashers

Generous wire pantries

Double stainless steel sinks with disposals

Overhead plant ledges**

Pass-through breakfast bars

Custom cabinetry

Sorry Guys, but this is really bad if all we have to talk about is living in Auburn. I just got out of class where the discussion was on Education Law and I thought that was bad. Let's try alittle football here. I think that Tubs is not going to do any hiring and firing of coaches. What do you think?

:au:

Archived