DJ Woods

WAR-MATT

Looks like CBC's status at Nebraska has opened his recruitment back up. No link prem. content.

metafour - What's your take on it? I know we were very high on him after he camped with us.

Honestly, I totally forgot about Woods' status regarding the whole Nebraska situation and us. Its true that we really liked him at camp, but I'm not quite sure what his scholarship status is at now. Since he chose Nebraska we've picked up a few WR commits (and Harry Adams is VERY similar to Woods). If we're willing to bring him in for an official then I'd say we probably still have interest. We liked him at WR but I know that he's very athletic and could easily play CB (OSU offered him late as a CB but he wanted to play WR which is why he chose Nebraska) so I'd definitely think we'd be interested in him as an ATH.

I'll ask around but I'm not sure there is a definite answer right now as its still uncertain whether or not he'll visit, and if he does, when he'll visit. I'd think that Penn State would likely be an early favorite, and Butch Davis at North Carolina can definitely recruit and probably offer very early playing time.

First news back: My one "source" says that he believes that we'd very likely still take DJ Woods if he wanted to come. So if he wants to take an official, we'll very likely set it up. This guy has been telling me for a while now that Damion Allen wont finish in this class (he hasn't backed down on this) and that we're still looking for one more WR (to eventually replace Allen). We have no shotat Julio and are pretty much on the outside looking in with DeAndre Brown (who we REALLY like). Apparently Moncrief (Prattville WR) may eventually fill that last spot, but we'd almost certainly take DJ Woods ahead of him. I personally have a hard time believing that Moncrief gets an offer.

Second response back: thinks we'd take Woods as an ATH with the condition that he knows theres a chance he'd play CB. Says he'd like to get Woods but that he doesn't believe we will get him in the end. Knox apparently has his three WRs in the class that he likes (Adams, Adams, and Fortson...although there seem to be some who like Fortson as a LB). Mentioned that one way or another he believes that Moncrief will be a signee in this class, so look out for that in the future possibly.

PS: Also mentioned in the second response: "I agree on (Damion)Allen, heck, I don't even count him as a commitment when talking to people."

Meaning he is already "part of the team" or that we don't have a chance?

PS: Also mentioned in the second response: "I agree on (Damion)Allen, heck, I don't even count him as a commitment when talking to people."

Meaning he is already "part of the team" or that we don't have a chance?

Meaning that he wont end up signing in February, and lik I mentioned, if that happens it wont be because we didn't have a chance with him but because the staff doesn't feel that Allen is on par with the other current WR commits.

• 2 months later...

Wonder where his head is now that CRR left WVU...he seemed like a mature kid that handled recruiting well.

On a side note-Allen may not make his grades is the reason he is kind of iffy

Archived